Training Going Great

walterboswell59

had ten tosses over the last two weeks 5 from 20 mile 4 from 25 miles one from 30 miles no losses all down the west all birds home in one drop just getting ready to basket for no 11 ill keep them going as long as the weather is decent besides great experience for the latebreds and birds that have not been raced it gives me something to do and look forward to hope my luck keeps up

had ten tosses over the last two weeks 5 from 20 mile 4 from 25 miles one from 30 miles no losses all down the west all birds home in one drop just getting ready to basket for no 11 ill keep them going as long as the weather is decent besides great experience for the latebreds and birds that have not been raced it gives me something to do and look forward to hope my luck keeps up

i wish you were a neighbour Walter , could do with a few trainers into mine !

getting some good spells of weather just now nice and clear,anyone else training just now,

would love too , still busy here , maybe soon tho ?

Is the West route a life lesson for future national racing Walter?

Given last few years west of Scotland federations have been flying more east of Central programme, does it stick with them when breaking for home from the Channel do you think.

I'm of the opinion a fit motivated pigeon will break and take most direct line regardless of schooling!?

batch of doos been saw a few times heading over tye bings just next to coalburn bang on line for Hamilton and racing ,

Is the West route a life lesson for future national racing Walter?

Given last few years west of Scotland federations have been flying more east of Central programme, does it stick with them when breaking for home from the Channel do you think.

I'm of the opinion a fit motivated pigeon will break and take most direct line regardless of schooling!?

dont have a problem so much with the old birds racing from the east as long as i have schooled them down the the west line as youngbirds and yes they will break m8 but pigeons are a flock species and with having to face a head wind on there own will stay with the batch as long as possible to the point of being well past and so get well beat jmo its happening in club and fed never mind national races the birds home from the north east and theres not many birds that will leave the batch and home alone but if you train yb from the east its the only way they know so thats the way they come

i think most of them migrate when the birds stop coming through the hills in numbers kevin but a few that are hitting lofts and getting fed still hang around ive been training at this time about the second week in october for the past 6 to 8 years with great returns but been training all year down the 74 with great returns the bop are not stupid the majority now hunt in the east where most birds are racing and training they go where the food is maybe time to go back down the west for a few years but to many who have an advantage would rather get slaughtered and keep there advantage

i think most of them migrate when the birds stop coming through the hills in numbers kevin but a few that are hitting lofts and getting fed still hang around ive been training at this time about the second week in october for the past 6 to 8 years with great returns but been training all year down the 74 with great returns the bop are not stupid the majority now hunt in the east where most birds are racing and training they go where the food is maybe time to go back down the west for a few years but to many who have an advantage would rather get slaughtered and keep there advantage

Walter Don’t know where the Peregrines are but According to the RSPB website they don’t migrate.

“ In the British Isles peregrines do not migrate, and the majority stay within 100 km of their birthplace, although some upland birds move to lower ground or the coast in winter. While the British and Irish populations mix, there is practically no exchange with continental birds. Some of the migratory Scandinavian birds winter in Britain “

Could it be because they are no big batches of pigeons coming up the valleys They are having to range further afield in search of food and leaving a clear corridor for your birds ?

Can count on one hand how many times I've trained along the m8 in ten years...although I like a tranent leading up to longer races

Trained on the m74 down to Greenhill stairs for nearly 10 years and never had major issues...yes you lose one or 2 and the ybs get split up like they will anywhere but fit and healthy pigeons make like work of it... last time I trained old birds regularly tues wed thurs was 2018 and I would be in Abington every morning only lost 1 red cheq cock on the first toss and tht was it for the season

One thing I do if I get hit by the bop I go back to the same place regardless...the pigeons know where they are and get up and go.... the changing all over the shop I think just makes pigeons hang around the lib site before the make off home

Maybe we should think of this when we are going to different racepoints constantly

Walter Don’t know where the Peregrines are but According to the RSPB website they don’t migrate.

“ In the British Isles peregrines do not migrate, and the majority stay within 100 km of their birthplace, although some upland birds move to lower ground or the coast in winter. While the British and Irish populations mix, there is practically no exchange with continental birds. Some of the migratory Scandinavian birds winter in Britain “

Could it be because they are no big batches of pigeons coming up the valleys They are having to range further afield in search of food and leaving a clear corridor for your birds ?

i think they go to the coast m8 and David Attenborough says they migrate so the Rspb are taking p h there going somewhere