The Joe Murphy Column 15/10/2O

THE FIFER

The Joe Murphy Column

What a weekend we have had with a month’s rain falling in the space of 24 hours, as you can image everything was soaking wet and I think some of my plants have moved within the garden. As all I could see was puddles of water all over with little bits of green from my lawn, one thing is for sure I will not have to water the garden for a long time. I also found out that some rain had fell in through the windows of the loft and the loft floor was wet. However I have savour in dealing with this problem as I’m a great believer using Respiro San Dry. This is a highly absorbent powder which absorbs dampness and locks up ammonia. It is also blended with aromatic oils to help improve respiratory health and open up airways and increase lung capacity within our pigeons. This is a DEFRA virucidal disinfectant added to improve loft hygiene leading to greater overall health within our pigeons. I just sprinkle Respiro San Dry onto the floor area it is recommended to use between 50-100g per square metre when required. I put it down and then brush my floor and it is as good as new. I must say that I do use San Dry throughout the season as it also helps the birds and my loft always looks lovely and clean. This is one product I would not be without and I know Kevin uses it as well, as to many other fanciers within our sport, so thank you to Phil Gardner.

2021 Year Books

I notice that the Squills and BHW 2021 year books will soon be coming out on sale the Squills has over 400 pages packed full of brand new articles, diary, breeding pages, directory of companies & pigeons, handy information and much more. Make sure you order your copy for £9-95 including post and packaging for the UK contact www.racingpigeon.co,uk. Articles feature; History Maker- Billy Bilsland, winner of 12 Scottish Nationals. One of the North East’s Finest Fanciers– Gary Vasey; Loft visit to John Hassall of Preston; Alain & Valerie Pocholle- Still at the Top of the Tree; ‘The Maestro’- John R Woods of Royston; National Flying Club Pau International- Mark Gilbert 1st NFC; Winning Well Down West – Angwin Family of Cornwall; Trying to Raise the Bar- Duncan Goodchild; John Richardson of New Seaham HS; Jimmy Dalgliesh from Ecclefechan; Brian Chalmers of Kennoway-1st open SNFC Maidstone 2020; Terry Haley of Abbots Langley; The Nicholson’s of Rochester, Kent- And the Birth of a New Era; Midlands National Flying Club Fougeres – Simon Parkinson 1st MNFC Fougeres. W Kinnear & Son’s- Winners of the SNFC Gold Cup in 2020; Dominic Gruzelier of Bedfordshire; Peter Clements of Isleworth-1st Three Borders Federation Wincanton; Danny Henderson of Dundee- Winner of 1st SNRPC Hazebrouck; The Incredible Success Story of Geoff 7 Catherine Cooper; Wild Atlantic Way One Loft Race 2020; Midlands National Flying Club Vire- Jack Ramm 1st MNFC Vire; Racing Pigeon in Australia;

Blackpool Charity Auction

Received a letter from Karen James regarding the above auction; although there will be no physical Blackpool Show in 2021, it is still the intention to hold the charity auction, with birds being offered on the RPRA auction website in the week prior to the show weekend. Last year’s sale raised an amazing £8.500 for the charity. The lots will be advertised in the BHW highlighting the breeding of each bird included in the sale. Once again this should be an outstanding chance to purchase a top quality bird and I know many fanciers will be looking forward to this sale. I have always donated a ‘good’ pigeon so I will now have to look out something special for this charity auction.

Birds Eyesign

As I’m finding it hard to receive information to keep my columns going on a weekly basis so I’ve decided to add 3 of my own stock bird’s eyes into this week’s column. I have always enjoyed looking at pigeon’s eyes and see if I can pick out a good breeder or racer (the latter is harder to pick). I get a great deal of pleasure from this and I hope fanciers enjoy looking at these eyes.

Belge Hen.jpg

Belge Hen.jpg

Barca Cock.jpg

Barca Cock.jpg

Cock.jpg

Cock.jpg

Joe’s Joke

A moth flies into the local doctor’s surgery, the doctor says-‘You’re not one of my patients’ the moth replies; ‘I know, but your light was on’.

Please continue to keep the news flowing; to Joe Murphy Mystical Rose Cottage 2 Flutorum Avenue Thornton by Kirkcaldy KY1 4BD or phone 01592 770331 or Email to joejmurphy1@gmail.com REMEMBER THE J IN THE MIDDLE or you can also view online editions on: www.elimarpigeons.com www.fancierchat.co.uk www.pigeon-chat.co.uk - www.Pigeonbasics.com - Pigeon Racing the Basics! - thecanadianpigeoninternational.com www.internationalracingpigeon.com or

https://sites.google...alracingpigeon/

Who wish my weekly contribution portfolio on pigeon topics from Scotland

© Compiled by Joe Murphy