Young Birds

kapri 07

Hi can any of the fancy explain to me why in the months june July and August my young birds didn't fly for long even though they were feeding was Gerry plus...now since the middle of September I put them on a alrounder and gradually added tic beans now they are on 50% very heavy mix but they are flying much better 45 minutes or more ranging more ......anybody got the answer

Good point that del . This is not the first time I've noticed they seem to fly better from middle of September. I just didn't no why as I always thought in the young birds season feed light and they fly for ages my feeding from the end of the last yb race is been 50%beans and they fly alot better 🤷â€â™‚ï¸

Agree Delboy. Season in and season out the majority say 'Yes'! But will never happen I guess. The beloved take a back seat every time to Commercial and Fanciers apathy.

Shouldn't be allowed to buy rings till Late February. Would do the so-called sport the world of good.

BUT too many fear they would miss out and others steal a March! No pun intended.

Edited by Roland

• 3 weeks later...