Elderberries

ayelate

Plenty available just now if you prepared to look for them. Been feeding them the last few years straight from the tree , birds love them, stripping the wee bunches in seconds. Be interesting to know if anyone else tried them, by all accounts they full of vitamins and antioxidants can only be good you’d think .

Plenty available just now if you prepared to look for them. Been feeding them the last few years straight from the tree , birds love them, stripping the wee bunches in seconds. Be interesting to know if anyone else tried them, by all accounts they full of vitamins and antioxidants can only be good you’d think .

heres a link , .

Yes, can use what you throw awayfor the birds.

When making jams, I kept the juices not used and froze them A cube in the drinkers etc. Could be upto 12 different fruits / berries etc in one cube.

Also would strain into bottles for the kids and family.

Full of every goodness.

Discussing the use of elderberries last night and was told the seeds were poisonous.i was told to google the elderberry and this is what came up. I used to use them for years.The seeds, stems, leaves and roots of the Black Elder are all poisonous to humans. They contain a cyanide-inducing glycoside. Eating a sufficient quantity of these cyanide-inducing glycosides can cause a toxic buildup of cyanide in the body and make you quite ill.

Not convinced the small seeds contain enough concentration of cyanide to do damage, considering the ripened berries are only available for a short spell of 5 to 6 weeks of the year. The feathers are like silk and birds slip through your hands so I see that as a positive. The local wood pigeons and small birds strip them as fast as they ripen on the branches that are out o my reach.

You know, we can find, for free, useful remedies and helpers with our birds.

Now pay through the nose for energising drinks tabs etc. What are the made of?

ALL ARE just Sugar or Coffee. Yes tinted and camouflaged, but only sugar or Coffee!

The Belgium's when the basket in the morning for a race giove the bird a coffee bean.

Some ground and mix with Sugar and put down their mouths even with a Turkey blaster.

Knew a very god and consistent flyer that swore by a 'Turkey Blaster'!

No just the thin end goes in the mouth.

Me! I was only interest in a aid to a natural immune system.

Edited by Roland