The Forming Of The Moray Firth Flying Club,

grizzle09

Your right, I've been up and down that road to oban quite alot and only ever seen the odd buzzard, never had any indication from the birds returning from that area that they'd been hassled by bop either, Got to be worth a try!

I will send out all the info I can/have upto now to club secretary's hopefully before everyone's AGM's so that fanciers that dont use PB are able to read for themselves.

Lee

Dont be mistaken lads, percy is everywhere round here. I was hit just the other day with some late breds from 9 mile to the South and one was into them above my loft a day or two after. Theres one around Inveraray that has plays havoc too. Like I said though, you've a great route up the great glen and I really hope it's a success. I actually said to a pal in Iteland a couple of years ago they could do the same but opposite.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont be mistaken lads, percy is everywhere round here. I was hit just the other day with some late breds from 9 mile to the South and one was into them above my loft a day or two after. Theres one around Inveraray that has plays havoc too. Like I said though, you've a great route up the great glen and I really hope it's a success. I actually said to a pal in Iteland a couple of years ago they could do the same but opposite.

Without a doubt bops are everywhere, with my guess there are fewer of them down that area this is just one positive to this route,

The idea is to give the birds the best possible advantage to get home in every race and get good velocities at that, Every race point was selected to give fanciers in the club from first drop to last the best over-fly from the fanciers before him to ensure a farer race for everyone in the club,

With a bit of luck and support from the lads that this will benefit, we'll get an answer to whether it worked or not, we can only but try

Without a doubt bops are everywhere, with my guess there are fewer of them down that area this is just one positive to this route,

The idea is to give the birds the best possible advantage to get home in every race and get good velocities at that, Every race point was selected to give fanciers in the club from first drop to last the best over-fly from the fanciers before him to ensure a farer race for everyone in the club,

With a bit of luck and support from the lads that this will benefit, we'll get an answer to whether it worked or not, we can only but try

Your bang on. their will always be bop but its the amount that we get hear south off Lanarkshire so if there's less perr were your going then that's a no brainer but no doubt Lanarkshire will try again going south with our ybs again next year aye for one won't best off luck an as you say its worth a try .

Is this not away to split the north of Scotland fed imo

In my opinion, This club/race program is designed to benefit us in the west section the same way an east coast race program benefits fanciers in the east,

Theres no enjoyment in racing west section birds down a east coast race program and there hasn't been for years,

I offer this as an alternative to what we have now, Members will have the choice to join either one or both, Definitely not intended to split the fed

Cheers lee

It’s going to be a lot better for Inverness club as we have to basket birds on a Thursday night for a sat race and drive them 37 miles to basket them again must say I am looking forward to it can’t speak for others , but the Inverness club will still be members of the fed

Maybe not so good for the NOS fed but if the fanciers supporting the new club have better returns and it's better for the pigeons then I dont see the problem with it. The welfare of Our birds should be the priority.

Ryan i find this comment strange as you posted on here not all that long ago that this season was your best ever season.

Not about me Robbie,in or club Deveronvalley we do aright in the fed am thinking about the lads further west who due to their location struggle to get on the fed result and down the west would suite them better. I did have the best season results wise I've ever had but no everything is about results.

Ryan i find this comment strange as you posted on here not all that long ago that this season was your best ever season.

Looking at my posts I can see they dont make much sense. What I was trying to say is we have a massive width of fed must be about 100miles and with the terrain that lads in the far west have to deal with (cairngorms for example)they are really up against it. Was just trying to say if it's a better route for them and they get get more birds home flying the west then you have to do what's best for their birds.

Hopefully this club thats being formed will not split the Fed ,it might lessen birdage slightly but as far as i am aware Buckie ,Elgin members got cleaned out early on and Inverness well are they in our fed .I personally had one young bird race and lost half my team ( i only started with 24 ) all trained out tae 25 mile but bang they are gone .So what happens we do the same again next year ???? ,well i for one dont blame them looking for some thing new ! perhaps the Fed should have been looking into some thing similar ,just my thoughts on the subject.

I agree with you Phil it won’t split the fed but will probably reduce birdage as you say. If the fed would look at what is happening down the same route year in year out and maybe try the west route then there would me no need for another club. If nothing changes no one will be left on the west section of the fed because they will probably pack in. How much will the fed lose then. Just something to think about

I agree with you Phil it won’t split the fed but will probably reduce birdage as you say. If the fed would look at what is happening down the same route year in year out and maybe try the west route then there would me no need for another club. If nothing changes no one will be left on the west section of the fed because they will probably pack in. How much will the fed lose then. Just something to think about

on looking at you suggestion I agree with some of it we must try something but whatever way we go we will still have a dog leg to the west section and the moray firth idea is of no use use to NOS fed clubs . The birds would be near in inverness long before they reach

Elgin ad Buckie but a great opening for the Wick and Thurso fanciers and I hope they it takes off and I wish them the best of luck . As for reducing the birdage in the NOS fed I think Elgin with about 16 members do not support it in the way it should with the amount of members they have. Keith with five members send more on a regular weekly basis than Elgin, one week this last season Elgin sent 60 youngsters and John Thomson had 50 odd of them that is not helping to cover the fed costs which increase every year The fed results are changing every year its not all Fraserburgh and Peterhead now as in past years Keith and Deveron valley score quite regular now and I think the birds ae taking a different line up the centre of the fed making it a bit more even . New members of the Fraserburgh club fly from Fyvie well short of Fraserburgh and they are getting Fed positions so well done to them as it would never happened before . BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN WE HAVE ALL TO STICK TOGETHER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

on looking at you suggestion I agree with some of it we must try something but whatever way we go we will still have a dog leg to the west section and the moray firth idea is of no use use to NOS fed clubs . The birds would be near in inverness long before they reach

Elgin ad Buckie but a great opening for the Wick and Thurso fanciers and I hope they it takes off and I wish them the best of luck . As for reducing the birdage in the NOS fed I think Elgin with about 16 members do not support it in the way it should with the amount of members they have. Keith with five members send more on a regular weekly basis than Elgin, one week this last season Elgin sent 60 youngsters and John Thomson had 50 odd of them that is not helping to cover the fed costs which increase every year The fed results are changing every year its not all Fraserburgh and Peterhead now as in past years Keith and Deveron valley score quite regular now and I think the birds ae taking a different line up the centre of the fed making it a bit more even . New members of the Fraserburgh club fly from Fyvie well short of Fraserburgh and they are getting Fed positions so well done to them as it would never happened before . BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN WE HAVE ALL TO STICK TOGETHER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Having been in four clubs in the North Fed during the last 40+ years! 2 in the East and 2 in the West, I have been watching this Topic with great interest!

I must say that gogs post has hit the Nail right on the head!! Its by far the best and most sensible post on the subject. We all need each other

Having the Choice to go East or West cant be bad thing ,

Especially if it f/c foggy on east coast or gale wind on west.

An if the returns are better on west , am sure Nosf will gain

as NATIONAL fanciers will won’t get birds down East before

hand, An anyway been 30 odd year since fed tryed going

down West , Main Excuse too many Bops !!!

THAT WIZ 30 year AGO Cana be any Worse than EAST

Having the choice between both routes is what it's all about,

This club has nothing to do with the north of scotland fed apart from offering it to members within the fed and definitely isn't designed to split it up but when racing only goes from worse to worse each year mainly for west section clubs and no hope of ever getting a farer race program passed the proposal stage then forming a new club to get this done was necessary, No wonder clubs in the west section dont support it like they used to!

Upto now the only negative feedback I've had has been from fanciers that this either doesnt apply to or fanciers that are in good enough positions within the fed to win fed prizes, To them it does apply to I've had nothing but positive feedback for obvious reasons, that in itself tells a story!

For the last 40+ year our fed has flown a east coast route that was all very well and good but in recent years its turned racing into a pointless chore to breed, rear and race birds year in year out just to loose 75% of them along with crap velocities, If changing routes completely will improve racing and get back the enjoyment then that is what we have to do and if it doesnt work as well as we hope then something else will have to be tried,

Doing the same thing every year when it doesnt work is utter ridiculous like I said before if getting farer racing was even remotely possible with in the fed this club wouldn't be needed.

Well said an same thing has happened to us in Lanarkshire we flew the west an central coming up through the hills so changed as it was horrendous so went east and i also trained east for years but now its as bad so cannot go south basically as its gut wrenching breeding raring an spending money for ybs to get slaughtered every year.I have no doubt you will have better returns an wish it was me good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mike, I'll be posting out invitation letters to everyone soon with as much information as I have upto now hopefully this will give everyone the chance and time to plan out next years race season.

so far so good with everything going to plan, A constitution is being drafted and will be sent to shu before there agm to confirm the forming of the club,

I'm looking into transport at the moment while waiting for quotes to come back for the making of crates and fitting of racking.

Lee