On Site Sales

andy Burgess

Admin have discussed , on site sales . If your season has been anything like mine , lots of empty perches . We would welcome any on site sales for site members to sell or buy any late breds , older stock ,or any misc items . Wether your an individual , or a Club wishing to boost funds .you would run the sale , with Admin on hand to help if needed .any questions please post below . :pidge:

there will be no cost for any sales put up on site (although if you feel so obliged to make a donation) that would be fine too . sales on site is not up to make money . its driving force is to try and help site members . site members will run the sale , be responsible for taking payment , and arranging delivery .

• 1 month later...

Admin have discussed , on site sales . If your season has been anything like mine , lots of empty perches . We would welcome any on site sales for site members to sell or buy any late breds , older stock ,or any misc items . Wether your an individual , or a Club wishing to boost funds .you would run the sale , with Admin on hand to help if needed .any questions please post below . :pidge:

A good post. When I first started up on my own, I had some good advice. One was Buy later bred youngsters in August - October. Mainly because many fanciers were trying, or were flying Widowerhood cocks. Hence bred some for the hens etc, when mated up again. These were very often at a very good price.

Another god thing I learnt was Hold them back. Maybe a toss or two next year, even a race up to 100 miles or so. these would come into their own the season after. very true.

Then did as were told, sometimes when needed a round of late bred would auger well - if pair to a different mate, and these would combat losses.

In the last few year losses weren't a problem though for me... More like having too many.