Snfc

dkj

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply we do still SEND our birds with Aberdeen station but we can open them at our clubhouse in Banff and forward the paperwork to head office and they have had no complaints since it started """" SIMPLE NO NEED TO CHANGE """" bin your suggestion

I tried to PM you with a full explanation Gordon but your inbox must be full. All proposals can have a "rider" inserted to accommodate fanciers who are in exceptional circumstances, you guys in the North have all got exceptional circumstances to overcome regarding logistics and a rider to support you all would be welcomed to alleviate as much inconvenience as possible to you and your fellow fanciers in Sec G.

I tried to PM you with a full explanation Gordon but your inbox must be full. All proposals can have a "rider" inserted to accommodate fanciers who are in exceptional circumstances, you guys in the North have all got exceptional circumstances to overcome regarding logistics and a rider to support you all would be welcomed to alleviate as much inconvenience as possible to you and your fellow fanciers in Sec G.

That is more like it

thanks

gogs

You couldn't be further off the Mark Gordon, I have no knowledge of any other section and never do because I'm not a studier of results etc. I simply think if you race in a particular section you should send your birds through their station. No finger pointing, no taking pop shots at anyone or otherwise being snide about it. It is nothing more than how I think things should be. Quite clearly not everyone agrees with this but it is still my personal belief, just like some fanciers think you should be obliged to record your birds on lib line within a certain time, a thing I Disagree with but it is each to their own thoughts. A proposal at an AGM is just that, a fanciers wish to see things happen within their organisation. Many more proposals are rejected than implemented but it does not deny the man his right to put the proposal in. The Majority rule runs deep in my veins and if I'm in the Minority I accept the decision of my fellow members with good grace. Always have done and always will do.

Hope this explanation is acceptable to you and wish you well in the coming seasons, regardless of the outcome of my proposal. Kindest Regards John.

The place for this discussion is at the AGM, where proposals can be considered and voted on. This topic has been put up for consideration at the AGM and lost the vote.

Every fancier should accept this with good grace and respect those who voted against it or who do not agree with it.

That’s Democracy at work and it’s what our society is based on.

Your own words John

The place for this discussion is at the AGM, where proposals can be considered and voted on. This topic has been put up for consideration at the AGM and lost the vote.

Every fancier should accept this with good grace and respect those who voted against it or who do not agree with it.

That’s Democracy at work and it’s what our society is based on.

Your own words John

My orignal post simply stated a proposal would follow. I did not criticise anyone or name call, like has been done on the page you copied and pasted it from. There lies the difference Wully

I just can’t understand why we should be making it harder for fanciers and making them travel further to go to their own marking stations.

The Y/B national is 400 mls to my loft the marking station is Aberdeen thats 150 mile round trip to return with my clock thats another 150 mile round trip. The clock station that is set up at Bannf is only 16 mile a 32 mile round trip as you can see a big diffrence . Im sure if Mr Quinn had to do this journey he would have something to shout about Lets not chase fanciers away am sure the SNFC needs all the members they can get

I know quite a few fanciers in the BICC who run their clocks off at local clubs, aslong as the secretary has signed their print out everything is above board. The only difference though with the BICC they all have to phone in there pigeons arrival where a live provisional result can be created. If they don't call their time in then it's disqualification. I think the rule is within one hour of timing in

The Y/B national is 400 mls to my loft the marking station is Aberdeen thats 150 mile round trip to return with my clock thats another 150 mile round trip. The clock station that is set up at Bannf is only 16 mile a 32 mile round trip as you can see a big diffrence . Im sure if Mr Quinn had to do this journey he would have something to shout about Lets not chase fanciers away am sure the SNFC needs all the members they can get

Read my last response to Gordon.

I know quite a few fanciers in the BICC who run their clocks off at local clubs, aslong as the secretary has signed their print out everything is above board. The only difference though with the BICC they all have to phone in there pigeons arrival where a live provisional result can be created. If they don't call their time in then it's disqualification. I think the rule is within one hour of timing in

That’s one I disagree with Geo, though tbh personally I canny wait tae phone or text my time into the Lib Line, because it has become such a rare event the last 4/5yrs !!! 🙈 but I hope to rectify that soon. But even if I didn’t do it, and without the threat of disqualification, if it became a rule I would adhere to it faithfully. Like I do with all the other rules in the organisations I’ve flown in. Think I’ve written this before but Rules are good for any organisation so everyone knows the score and they all have them.

That’s one I disagree with Geo, though tbh personally I canny wait tae phone or text my time into the Lib Line, because it has become such a rare event the last 4/5yrs !!! 🙈 but I hope to rectify that soon. But even if I didn’t do it, and without the threat of disqualification, if it became a rule I would adhere to it faithfully. Like I do with all the other rules in the organisations I’ve flown in. Think I’ve written this before but Rules are good for any organisation so everyone knows the score and they all have them.

I love phoning my time in too although no needed to do it that often lol

I think it's similar for the internationals too if you don't phone in your out I maybe wrong

I think it could be a breach of data protection if you make people give the details of their times and then publicise them, would be interesting to see the outcome if someone was disqualified and then challenged it through the appeal process on those grounds

I think it could be a breach of data protection if you make people give the details of their times and then publicise them, would be interesting to see the outcome if someone was disqualified and then challenged it through the appeal process on those grounds

Can't see why that could be a data breach it's the time you have timed a pigeon lol no your bank details

And by entering the race when these rules are in place your are agreeing to those rules

Only a few years back a 2nd open bicc for upgraded to 1st open

And for the record I'm not saying the snfc should make this a rule at all...jst came up in general discussion as you can see above

At the end of the day we all have the right to hold an opinion on any matter, whether in the sport, your place of work your personal life or your politics. No one should be castigated for having a differing opinion to the next man or for offering it up for a debate and vote on it.

Problems arise from some corners when things they feel strongly about are defeated when votes are taken. I’ll say it again, when I put my hand up to vote and more men put their hands up to vote against me I accept it with good grace. It does not deny me the right to propose it again at a subsequent meeting because opinions can and do vary from one year to the next in both directions of any topic. I’ve found that people turn up to meetings, pool leagues, darts leagues and racing pigeon clubs Feds and National clubs and want it done and dusted ASAP to get back home again instead of arriving prepared to take as long as necessary to reach a consensus. Pool leagues i’ve experienced are by Far the worst organised and most argumentative of all. Though a friend in my pool team who plays bowls swears they are even worse!!

There is only one place rules can be implemented or deleted/amended and it's at the AGM’s of the various bodies. Then we all rely on those elected to implement the rules and to do so without fear or favour.

When that does not occur then frustrations arguments vendettas and feuds arise with people falling out and holding grudges for Decades long. That is the beginning of the ruination of many a good organisation because it devalues the very reason for having debates at AGM’s and votes taken to set the standards required to adhere to the majority of members wishes. Opinions on how things should be done are then irrelevant until the next meeting where topics can be debated and voted on again. Then again the majority of votes carry and you have standard set for the next twelve months. Never in my life have I fallen out with someone because they voted for the opposite of what I have. I’ve turned up at meetings and gave men a lift to and from them who voted against my opinion during the meeting. The atmosphere in the car doesn’t change one iota on the way home than it did on the way to the meeting. It is what it is and I get on with it.

When the rules are not followed, and there’s nothing I can do about it then I exercise my prerogative to resign from the organisation and find another way to pursue and enjoy my hobby, whichever of the ones listed above it is.