Agm’S

Walter swanston

Only way Del. Can you imagine a zoom meeting?? Roaring and shouting in mute at half deaf 80+ fanciers??? No chance. Postal is the only solution and the risk of manipulation will just have to be tolerated a

I'm afraid

That’s us knackered then Steven because I have absolutely no trust in the top table .

Only way Del. Can you imagine a zoom meeting?? Roaring and shouting in mute at half deaf 80+ fanciers??? No chance. Postal is the only solution and the risk of manipulation will just have to be tolerated a

I'm afraid

Its the only way and there would be no issues. Easy enough to have anything audited to confirm everything is above board, as it would be. Infact in would maybe get a higher number of members involved to have their say.

That’s us knackered then Steven because I have absolutely no trust in the top table .

Any vote counts would be made public Stuart, and indeed personal votes as there is no secret ballot at AGM. More than likely the initial vote would be taken at a club level and then handed to the sec.

I fully understand your position Delboy but a conventional AGM is not on.First of all it is difficult to imagine up to40 to 70 fanciers being so crazy asto congregate together in some village hall somewhere risking their health or their lives for the sake of pigeon racing and secondly such a meeting would attract the attendance of PoliceScotland stomping around taking names.

Steven and Michael’s idea of some kind of postal vote offers the most obvious alternative but we all know fanciers who are never short of an opinion while others would rather be tortured by the Spanish Inquisition.

Most clubs can hold a meeting with the Fed secretary sending out all proposals to the club secretaries. Each proposition is voted on at club level with the fors and againsts counted at the delegates meeting. The club delegates could easily have a meeting and votes counted in the presence of all club representatives.

The results of each vote is forwarded to the club secretaries who call another meeting to inform the members of the outcome of each individual vote.

Everything transparent and the members would more than likely get more of a say in the running of their fed than ever before at AGM's. Because for one reason or another they cannot or do not attend. Usually find a lot dont attend because of the bile spewed out by people who don't know how to conduct themselves at a meeting. They go to speak and are shouted down because their opinion differs from those who can only be described as bullies and they'd rather do without a say by attending the meeting only to be aggressively critcised for having their own thoughts on things.

So meetings are possible, results that reflect the Majority of members wishes can be carried without the need for an AGM.

exactly what i was thinking john send out the proposals to club secs have a vote at club level and one fed delegate from each club to attend a meeting with there clubs votes dont see a problem

its not rocket science walt but im sure someone will find fault m8

Not just as easy as that Walter. A lot of feds have some major issues to be dealt with ( including your own , I believe ?)and this can only be done by having a meeting of some sort. As I said before, Zoom meetings are possible because you can have a few members ( individual clubs ) in several locations working from different computers. It may sound complicated but I can assure you, its easy and definitely the way of the future. Alternatively, Covid 19 should be sorted by the turn of the year so AGMs can be held asap after that.

Agms will have to take place , whether its later than the normal date. Too many issues to address that cannot be sorted by a postal vote.

So what do you have to say that cannot be put into writing at club level and conveyed at a delegate meeting that needs to be said at an AGM orange an EGM ?? These meetings are for the election of officials and any changes to the rules that are needed. Easily voteddays) to come together and deal with it.

Them

Why not ??

So what do you have to say that cannot be put into writing at club level and conveyed at a delegate meeting that needs to be said at an AGM orange an EGM ?? These meetings are for the election of officials and any changes to the rules that are needed. Easily voteddays) to come together and deal with it.

Them

Why not ??

There’s lots to say and me personally I want to do it face to face not through a delegate (that’s if the delegate gets informed of the meeting ).

Them

Why not ??

Hahaha no fish here John

Hahaha no fish here John

Nae rod or line here either Derek

We have already received the necessary paper work fae Cammy regards proposals for new officials. How it will progress from here i do not know, and believe me I've got PLENTY i want tae say about decisions taken, not only this season either, but I doubt very much that opportunity will arise because we are nearer going back into lockdown than we are moving into phase 4 of the covid plan.

The sitting officials are elected for 1 year only, not until another AGM can be held, which imo will not be before the start of next season.

So the main business of the fed (election of new officials) can, and Needs to be dealt with, 12 months after the previous one.

As for the gripes I have and the long list of things I want to address well they will need to wait. In any case I'd be as well talking to ma doos about it because not a thing can be done about any of the issues, because like other issues I put in writing, they're all time barred now. I know F all about RPRA rules and have no interest in learning about them but they too will have time limits to get things dealt with and by the time any AGM's can be held all my issues and yours will be time barred.

So I refer back to my original post on how things need to be dealt with so the federation's business can be attended to without extending the length of term the current officials are in office. Change is absolutely imperative and Covid-19 cannot be used as an excuse to avoid the changes that are so desperately needed In our Fed. If needed, which I doubt, then a requisite number of signatures can be gathered to force postal voting, just as I would normally do to force an EGM to get the changes made. There are many ways to skin a cat and I believe there is enough Will in the Fed to find a Way to continue with Fed business and have newly elected officials dealing with it. That at the end of the day is all that really matters to our members right now and other factors will be ignored. For once I'm not alone on these things because others put pen to paper trying to get things changed and want to vent their frustrations at a meeting but its not going to happen, certain not this year and extremely doubtful before next spring. Imo

Surely the one year time period for elected officials in Federations can be extended on account of the extraordinary circumstances in which we find ourselves

That may well have been the case if the sitting officials were up for re election with no one standing against them Walter but that's not the case in Lanarkshire. So by hook or by crook new officials need to be elected to do the Fed business in the manner the mebers wish and In accordance with the rule book.