Guys Have Been Asking Me

walterboswell59

ill do my best to explain then i will say no more on the subject about 8 weeks ago i started getting phone calls from fanciers in the London area none of whom i know personally asking if i still sold my potassium mix as they had a problem with there birds and it was spreading like wildfire through there club and fed they had birds tested but nothing showed bar a touch of canker and cocci which they treated for but made no difference so i questioned them on the symptoms birds dropping dead that were ok the day before now this is old birds we are talking about what else you must have noticed there was something not right well we were losing good experienced pigeons from short races and tosses the birds were coming home choking for water not trapping and trying

to drink from anything shiny like class or perspex or metal birds unsteady losing there balance perches wet birds just sitting hunched up no noise in the loft no fighting or chasing one another drinking lots of water then some start to twist there neck or stand with there heads held back and disorientated then it spread to the youngbirds and stockbirds what do you think it is parra i said and maybe adenovirus or both but dont realy know for sure what can i do about it i told them kill any that dont look right and they could try a broad spectrum antibiotic for the secondary infections and spray the lofts everyday with vircon s as thats what deffra told me to do when i had it 4 years ago do not train or race them do not let them out the loft dont let anyone come to your loft and you keep away from other fanciers have you jagged them yes i did the youngbirds 3 weeks ago what with colombo vac yes and my old birds were done last year the guys who said they had not jagged recently and had it told me but there pal jagged his with colombo vac and we train together the only common denominator i heard was they had recenly jagged with colombo vac or there birds had been in contact with birds that had been recently jagged with it with in two weeks i was getting the same story from fanciers all over scotland they have nothing to gain telling me this and i have nothing to gain by telling you so why am i telling you because forewarned is forearmed lets see what comes out of the birds that were brought home sick from lanarkshires race im told they are in the hands of a vet and im sure our fed will up front about it as should be and lets not make this a witch hunt we dont need to know whos birds or what club as anyone of us could have it but we do need to know whats wrong with them