Has The Time Come To Stop

JohnQuinn

Is that not kopping out just dont race ?rather than try another route an if it doesnt wotk back to the drawing board.

Is that not kopping out just dont race ?rather than try another route an if it doesnt wotk back to the drawing board.

Is that not kopping out just dont race ?rather than try another route an if it doesnt wotk back to the drawing board.dont race an we have same problem next year.

Is that not kopping out just dont race ?rather than try another route an if it doesnt wotk back to the drawing board.dont race an we have same problem next year.

It wouldn’t have been copping out once far less 5 times. Your itchy trigger finger displays your emotions. I would simply have decided to have a hobby which I enjoy free of stress, Therefore please try to understand I won’t be racing North irrespective of what anyone thinks of that decision.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, address the root cause. That's a no brainer but who says you need to join Ayrshire North Road to fly that route? Any organisation can fly any route they choose. If it helps the OVERALL PIGEONS SURVIVAL RATE, its definitely worth thinking about.

I want to fly south like anybody else in Scotland but without action, its just going to be pointless imo.

I don’t think I mentioned any organisation Derek but I do find it difficult to hide my contempt for some organisations and fanciers. Each division created doubles the expense incurred.

I’ll leave the thread leaving you to figure out why the real Clydebank fanciers had better returns than those who raced with Glasgow Federation.

As we know up here North of Scotland Fed has been having the same probs as those South of Glasgow ,dont get it into your heads that the density of birds of prey are less of a problem here than it is with you lads .I live in Turriff in the last 2 years we have had a peregrine visiting our locality used to be Sparrow Hawk being the problem .Losses regardless of predators ,sickness ,atmospherics its going on up here as well ,the solution , cure ,answer christ knows .

Facts.

Su 02 L 10889 untrained/raced yb. 9 races as a yearling missing the 2 longest races, but lifted 11 weeks Accy from the comeback race the week before our channel race.

Paired her up July took 2 late breds 1 of which Su 03 L 11569, "Told You So" untrained yb.

8 races as a yearling out to Maudstone 361mls carrying 4 nest flights lifting £388 that after taking pools in the yrlg Derby.

Went on to race until 7yrs old winning the club channel race twice.

Latebred hen from him is dam to Su 08 L 8514 untrained/raced latebred.

That hen now known as Equipoise won1st Club 1st Se 2nd Open Fed 1st LSC 1sr Sec 1st Reg 19th Open SNFC Ypres 2010, scoring from the inland Nat before that race.

SU 14 L 4485, untrained/raced latebred, 5 races in her life, no training in 2016, won 1st Club 9th sec 61st Open SNFC Reims 565mls in a c**t of a race.

Ybs don't need hammered down the road to turn out good 0ld birds.

John you’ve named 2 pigeons in 18 years. Not racing ybs will finish pigeon racing even quicker imo. They need schooled. Don’t race ybs take 40/50 yearlings into kelso first race as yearlings. 2nd race Hexham and 3rd race out 120/130 mile you’ll have 15 yearlings away. Same as what you’d have away racing ybs.

It wouldn’t have been copping out once far less 5 times. Your itchy trigger finger displays your emotions. I would simply have decided to have a hobby which I enjoy free of stress, Therefore please try to understand I won’t be racing North irrespective of what anyone thinks of that decision.

No itch finger jist scratchin ma head .terrible wifi here so not sending msg.so no nerves here just tryn to sugest ways of helping our racing for people to look an think about what to do an to not race thats obv your choice .but doesnt help at all .if you put something up a wont criticise it a will probably scratch ma head again atb

I don’t think I mentioned any organisation Derek but I do find it difficult to hide my contempt for some organisations and fanciers. Each division created doubles the expense incurred.

I’ll leave the thread leaving you to figure out why the real Clydebank fanciers had better returns than those who raced with Glasgow Federation.

Robert can I ask what you mean by"the real Clydebank fanciers"?

Al

John you’ve named 2 pigeons in 18 years. Not racing ybs will finish pigeon racing even quicker imo. They need schooled. Don’t race ybs take 40/50 yearlings into kelso first race as yearlings. 2nd race Hexham and 3rd race out 120/130 mile you’ll have 15 yearlings away. Same as what you’d have away racing ybs.

A far better fancier than me once said if he bred abd raced 50ybs by the end of the season he may have 30 left. By the time they done the OB program as yearlings out to the coast he may have 15-18 left going into thec2tr old season. By the time the Nat's come round he may have 12 left from his original 50 ybs. If he could find 4 good enough to win from across the channel then he had a good breeding season 2 yrs earlier.

Fyi....The other 2 were called "that bassa" and Sweet Pea

Your ryt but have a look at a perr nest an you will see the evidence i have an seen it. A dont recal saying in my quotes that they are the only prey. Pal

Hello think ye more or less did muchacho ?

Quote “There would be no reason for peregrines north of Glasgow theres no racing pigeons “

Quote “percy go’s where the grub is “

Hello think ye more or less did muchacho ?

Quote “There would be no reason for peregrines north of Glasgow theres no racing pigeons “

Quote “percy go’s where the grub is “

Yes an been proven thats ther main source off food yes they will eat most birds but pigeons are more easier meals than seagulls an thats all i seen today travelled all the way from mallaig today didnt see an other bird .