Glasgow Fed And South Lanarkshire Fed

Delboy

Am I correct in saying that both feds are at Catterick this weekend? If so, I think its time to get together lads. Two transporters going down the road with a few hundred doos in them both??? Common sense must come into it here. Also, surely its a great opportunity for any West Region fanciers that want a wee bit more distance into their birds in prep for the upcoming nationals.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek it's happening all over the uk for example fife fed and kingdom fed alot of the time they are at the same race point .liberating a few hundred each it's not rocket science that we should be just 1 fed .and it's the usual sh** politics in the sport that's killing it not bop even though they have some percentage

Am I correct in saying that both feds are at Catterick this weekend? If so, I think its time to get together lads. Two transporters going down the road with a few hundred doos in them both??? Common sense must come into it here. Also, surely its a great opportunity for any West Region fanciers that want a wee bit more distance into their birds in prep for the upcoming nationals.

according to another thread lanarkshire are back at hexam this week because the first one cancelled and last one a bit if a mare for some feds guess it wouldnt be a bad idea and give the young birds some education as well as some confidence, fanciers are getting hammered every week through one thing or another and the last thing they need is another set back let the nationals go this year to those how wish go, as birds have not had adequate schooling in past weeks keep the distance short for the birds not everyone needs to get them down the road to quickly which i think is halve the problem

according to another thread lanarkshire are back at hexam this week because the first one cancelled and last one a bit if a mare for some feds guess it wouldnt be a bad idea and give the young birds some education as well as some confidence, fanciers are getting hammered every week through one thing or another and the last thing they need is another set back let the nationals go this year to those how wish go, as birds have not had adequate schooling in past weeks keep the distance short for the birds not everyone needs to get them down the road to quickly which i think is halve the problem

sorry just noticed it was south lanarkshire and not lanarkshire del apologies to your thread

Derek it's happening all over the uk for example fife fed and kingdom fed alot of the time they are at the same race point .liberating a few hundred each it's not rocket science that we should be just 1 fed .and it's the usual sh** politics in the sport that's killing it not bop even though they have some percentage

never once this year has fife fed had a few hundred birds,the transporter is always at least half full and its twice the size of the kingdom feds i could easily take the kingdoms couple of hundred birds but due to pigeon politics its never going to happen and we have only been at the same racepoint once

Glasgow Federation Young Birds racing from Catterick for The YB Open & 2020 Gold Ring Race have been liberated at 10am in a NW Wind.Good luck to all lofts competing.Emailed results within 24 hours.

Nae mention of a STRONG NW wind and ma mate who watched the lib said there was no more than a breeze blowing.

Glasgow Federation Young Birds racing from Catterick for The YB Open & 2020 Gold Ring Race have been liberated at 10am in a NW Wind.Good luck to all lofts competing.Emailed results within 24 hours.

Nae mention of a STRONG NW wind and ma mate who watched the lib said there was no more than a breeze blowing.

Correct John. That's the official information from the lib site. Little to no wind, very fair day. Much the same as it is here. I presume the race controller has done his job and the route is ok as well. :)

Naw, but it was 20mph nw wind, how, what are ye saying? If that is correct, the forecast is completely wrong

Correct John. That's the official information from the lib site. Little to no wind, very fair day. Much the same as it is here. I presume the race controller has done his job and the route is ok as well. :)

Great news

Edited by Delboy

Naw, but it was 20mph nw wind, how, what are ye saying? If that is correct, the forecast is completely wrong

It wasn't 20mph Derek so yes the forecasters did get it wrong. What I don't understand is you adding the word Strong into the equation that is the kind of remarks that upset people who are racing and there's been enough upset already this year for everyone. The conveyer doesn't even say it and he's the man who cuts the strings if it was a Strong wind he would surely have referred to it as that so fanciers could judge how long the race would take.

Great news

I'm at the race John and i'm only going with ALL the forecasts that say it is a fresh/strong nw wind 19-20 mph gusting to 32 mph. It is a pleasant surprise to me that the wind isn't as strong as predicted.That's why everyone should be at the race point imo. PS.Its actually a north east wind here. Good luck to all that's racing .