How Is Todays Returns Like

BIGJAMIE320

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha its meant to be Catterick but that may have changed lol ps. Im a better doorman than a dooman lol

Typo. It’s a age thing. I think we have taken flexibility too far. Race programmes have become a guide now and that’s not necessarily a positive.

Typo. It’s a age thing. I think we have taken flexibility too far. Race programmes have become a guide now and that’s not necessarily a positive.

Its hard to find any positives in the sport at the moment. A think tank has to be put in place in the off season to get things sorted. Too many cowboys running the game into the ground. We couldn't agree on the colour of s hite !!! BOP, YB Sickness, clashing etc etc but the biggest challenge the sport has at the moment is the pigeon fanciers themselves. We don't talk about good doos winning now, its all about returns, hawks, yb sickness negative, negative, negative. So and so lost this and that but nobody mentions the fact he/she won the race. The sport is taking a nose dive and it can be sorted very easily but everyone has to play the game with each other. The mentality of the pigeon fancier has changed over the years, with most loving the grief of others losing their pigeons. Pathetic imo. Time for a major shake up !!!

Solway shouldn't be racing anywhere near the A69.....racing doglegs. Tho it was weather that caused sundays farce

Lanarkshire /Glasgow doos going up and down A69 Dal

Its hard to find any positives in the sport at the moment. A think tank has to be put in place in the off season to get things sorted. Too many cowboys running the game into the ground. We couldn't agree on the colour of s hite !!! BOP, YB Sickness, clashing etc etc but the biggest challenge the sport has at the moment is the pigeon fanciers themselves. We don't talk about good doos winning now, its all about returns, hawks, yb sickness negative, negative, negative. So and so lost this and that but nobody mentions the fact he/she won the race. The sport is taking a nose dive and it can be sorted very easily but everyone has to play the game with each other. The mentality of the pigeon fancier has changed over the years, with most loving the grief of others losing their pigeons. Pathetic imo. Time for a major shake up !!!

I think you will find Solway birds would be there also Derek...hence the Bradford yins...everyone trying to fly this imagined magic route is a mistake in my opinion .

Well put sir far too much devision in the sport now

Its hard to find any positives in the sport at the moment. A think tank has to be put in place in the off season to get things sorted. Too many cowboys running the game into the ground. We couldn't agree on the colour of s hite !!! BOP, YB Sickness, clashing etc etc but the biggest challenge the sport has at the moment is the pigeon fanciers themselves. We don't talk about good doos winning now, its all about returns, hawks, yb sickness negative, negative, negative. So and so lost this and that but nobody mentions the fact he/she won the race. The sport is taking a nose dive and it can be sorted very easily but everyone has to play the game with each other. The mentality of the pigeon fancier has changed over the years, with most loving the grief of others losing their pigeons. Pathetic imo. Time for a major shake up

Good post Derek and and in line with my own thoughts, the old timers wouldn't have stood for it

Its hard to find any positives in the sport at the moment. A think tank has to be put in place in the off season to get things sorted. Too many cowboys running the game into the ground. We couldn't agree on the colour of s hite !!! BOP, YB Sickness, clashing etc etc but the biggest challenge the sport has at the moment is the pigeon fanciers themselves. We don't talk about good doos winning now, its all about returns, hawks, yb sickness negative, negative, negative. So and so lost this and that but nobody mentions the fact he/she won the race. The sport is taking a nose dive and it can be sorted very easily but everyone has to play the game with each other. The mentality of the pigeon fancier has changed over the years, with most loving the grief of others losing their pigeons. Pathetic imo. Time for a major shake up

Good post Derek and and in line with my own thoughts, the old timers wouldn't have stood for it

They would've nipped a lot of the nonsense in the bud Davy. Time to get back to basics and get the experienced fanciers meeting up in the off season with a primary view of taking the sport forward.

ame='Big Davie' date='25 August 2020 - 16:21 PM' timestamp='1598368869' post='1239974']

They would've nipped a lot of the nonsense in the bud Davy. Time to get back to basics and get the experienced fanciers meeting up in the off season with a primary view of taking the sport forward.

Maybe this is something that's going to take a bit of time to get through, climate change is happening and we are going to be left with the birds that face the change the best. the same applies to the pigeon men those that stick with it will be there at the end. Hard as it is to swallow it's not going to be easy to watch it happen and take the losses.

It’s Very Very cleat some ppl are being economical with the truth regards returns yesterday, same recurrence from the same men for as long as I can remember. Must think we are all stupid when their stupidity is sticking out like avsore thumb. !!!

Your right John I have lost 5 fae a 90 mile toss way way the mighty Lanarkshire

Hi I am still new to the racing pigeon game and from what I have seen so far I was in the Midland fed and kind the lankshire fed this year and the racing game is not good and from what I have looked into so far is that people are blaming birds of prey and people earia I don't think it is from what I have seen is that we are all racing the same line of fly from England up and the English racing back down by us and I can say that this year in the young birds so far I have had birds report down by the race point so birds went down inside of up but when you look into it more u can see that English feds at up to and the birds are meeting up so birds are getting dragged back down to England and when we are racing from France I have seen that they are also other countries racing from same race point as us like holind I think if we delay the racing from a month then Less chance of meeting with other clubs and feds and birds of prey and the bonus to this is the young birds are older and will not be as stressed out so reduce the young birds sickness to dose eney one agree with this

On this I have looked into my dad's old pigeon books but not much in their but it looks like when the racing was going down the other side of the country it looks like better racing and if not as much racing on this site then will reduce the clashing with the English birds and should be better results that is my opinion from what I have worked out so far but as I have said I am still new to this game and it is my 3rd year so hopefully don't get slatted from my findings please correct me if I'm wrong and how can we not delay the racing a month please can still with more experience than me please explain it to me

I meant to say that I am dislike so not good at writing or spelling if we can put up a map with ware ever one was racing this year so far and if you no ware the English ware racing from and what time each one went up so everyone can see if the birds are meeting on the road would be a great help if people could

Just heard flocks of doos were spotted flying up and down A69 all day Sunday.

Derek I was in constant contact with a top fancier from brampton as Sunday unfolded

It rained from early sunday morning and deteriorated very quickly , he described batches of up to 200 birds coming and giong back and forth on the A69 from hexham the weather became that bad he said it was impossible for pigeons to fly

This is fact

Severe weather caused the loss of our pigeons on Sunday nothing else

Got one last night at 7pm that's now 9/16

I am one of the very fortunate