Yb Nationals

Delboy

Not too bothered about racing youngsters to win as it’s practically impossible to beat darkness ones , I breed mines in April May and June . The thing that really gets me is why are the rings given out December of the previous year . Get back to the way it used to be , think it was 5th January .

Rings not a problem Stuart as you can pair up 3rd week in february darken youngsters end of April to first week in June and have them looking like yearlimgs! Ready for training.

IF U CANT CHANGE WITH THE TIMES DONT MOAN ABOUT IT BECAUSE OTHER PPL ARE/HAVE. THERE IS ALOT OFF WORK ENVOLVED TO DO THE DARKNESS. WE RACE PIGEONS TO WIN NOT MAKE THE NUMBERS UP THATS HOW THERE ARE ALL THESE NEW STRAINS OUT THERE NOW CAUSE THERE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES FOR DIFFRENT REASONS SO IF U WANT TO COMPETE U NEED TO CHANGE THERE NO POINT MOANING ABOUT sh**

You can’t stop fanciers doing darkness that is their choice although I don’t do it myself, I feel if you mess with nature there will be a cost but I agree with hot rod about the rings. No one says you can’t breed In November or December if you wish but the birds should be rung with the rings of that year, otherwise it is pointless having a year on the ring jmo

IF U CANT CHANGE WITH THE TIMES DONT MOAN ABOUT IT BECAUSE OTHER PPL ARE/HAVE. THERE IS ALOT OFF WORK ENVOLVED TO DO THE DARKNESS. WE RACE PIGEONS TO WIN NOT MAKE THE NUMBERS UP THATS HOW THERE ARE ALL THESE NEW STRAINS OUT THERE NOW CAUSE THERE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONES FOR DIFFRENT REASONS SO IF U WANT TO COMPETE U NEED TO CHANGE THERE NO POINT MOANING ABOUT sh**

100%

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as that’s what makes this sport so great

Now I am of the opinion each fancier decides how they wish to race youngsters and it could be darkness , natural , separating the sexes or even a form of widowhood , should we then take this a stage further and fanciers who work should be in a separate section, should people who can afford top stock be in another section , people who train youngsters should they be in another section ? The list is endless and ultimately it’s a decision for each fancier

Oh and another thought fanciers who use antibiotics do they go in another section

Why don’t we just concentrate of getting our birds healthy and working to help make our sport survive just a thought

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as that’s what makes this sport so great

Now I am of the opinion each fancier decides how they wish to race youngsters and it could be darkness , natural , separating the sexes or even a form of widowhood , should we then take this a stage further and fanciers who work should be in a separate section, should people who can afford top stock be in another section , people who train youngsters should they be in another section ? The list is endless and ultimately it’s a decision for each fancier

Oh and another thought fanciers who use antibiotics do they go in another section

Why don’t we just concentrate of getting our birds healthy and working to help make our sport survive just a thought

:peace-sign-258:

If someone wants to put the time in getting ybs through the Darkness then it's up to them and if you can't compete then do something about it go on the darkness stop wanting it your way next you will want them band for winning on it everyone knows how to do it

Fairness is what am looking for Darkness v Darkness and Natural v Natural is there anything wrong with that?

Fairness is what am looking for Darkness v Darkness and Natural v Natural is there anything wrong with that?

So it will be ETS V ETS and rubber rings v rubber rings you can't have it fair as loft location and wind come into it plus people are sending ybs to racing in bits and then wondering why they didn't get them home

As I’ve already posted I’m not bothered about competing with youngsters , the last being 1993 when I won a few races the longest being 197 miles Appleton . My mate has said to me many a time get onto darkness , I find time with my birds is limited as I run my own business I’m either working or out seeing jobs pricing jobs etc . 6/7 days a week. Good luck to anyone who does darkness roundabout widowhood whatever . Good birds can win no matter the system . I’m not moaning about the unfairness . The biggest unfairness in pigeons is location . The furthest north east you are in your club section fed the more likely you will win more than your fair share . And unless you can move then just get on with it .

As I’ve already posted I’m not bothered about competing with youngsters , the last being 1993 when I won a few races the longest being 197 miles Appleton . My mate has said to me many a time get onto darkness , I find time with my birds is limited as I run my own business I’m either working or out seeing jobs pricing jobs etc . 6/7 days a week. Good luck to anyone who does darkness roundabout widowhood whatever . Good birds can win no matter the system . I’m not moaning about the unfairness . The biggest unfairness in pigeons is location . The furthest north east you are in your club section fed the more likely you will win more than your fair share . And unless you can move then just get on with it .

100% TRUE.

Got to smile when ppl say they “put the work in to race darkness†setting a timer on a light bulb doesn’t take more than 5 mins and unplugging it takes 2 seconds.

Until last year I haven’t sent to the YBN since 2004, (only went because Higgy wanted to send. simply because it’s a graveyard for me. Got 1/3 sent last year and lost 2 of the best ybs in the loft as had always been the case, Couldn’t care less if I win a single race with Ybs because the rewards are pitiful. No interested in feeding the predators for another week or two either.

I race (use the term lightly) natural Ybs and look for good returns before a good time. Higgy is racing some this year at his place and I’m racing the rest to me, I’ve dropped 2 Ybs in the 2 races so far and only another couple training. Having an educated team of yearlings for next year is 100% more important to me than ybn’s or winning week to week at club level.

Imo the darkness Ybs do have a distinct advantage when natural Ybs are at certain stages of the moult, but it’s not a gimme. If yer natural Ybs are motivated and at the right stage of the moult they will compete with darkness Ybs but that’s jmo.

If there was to be any change in the format I’d say splitting the convoy East and West would be the thing to do. It would Definitely help with returns in the West and if it means two different results so be it, the birds come first not the fancier’s egos. Again jmo

Got to smile when ppl say they “put the work in to race darkness†setting a timer on a light bulb doesn’t take more than 5 mins and unplugging it takes 2 seconds.

Until last year I haven’t sent to the YBN since 2004, (only went because Higgy wanted to send. simply because it’s a graveyard for me. Got 1/3 sent last year and lost 2 of the best ybs in the loft as had always been the case, Couldn’t care less if I win a single race with Ybs because the rewards are pitiful. No interested in feeding the predators for another week or two either.

I race (use the term lightly) natural Ybs and look for good returns before a good time. Higgy is racing some this year at his place and I’m racing the rest to me, I’ve dropped 2 Ybs in the 2 races so far and only another couple training. Having an educated team of yearlings for next year is 100% more important to me than ybn’s or winning week to week at club level.

Imo the darkness Ybs do have a distinct advantage when natural Ybs are at certain stages of the moult, but it’s not a gimme. If yer natural Ybs are motivated and at the right stage of the moult they will compete with darkness Ybs but that’s jmo.

If there was to be any change in the format I’d say splitting the convoy East and West would be the thing to do. It would Definitely help with returns in the West and if it means two different results so be it, the birds come first not the fancier’s egos. Again jmo

Wee bit more to racing darkness youngbirds other than lights(that you dont need anyway). My comment on putting work in was on health and fitness issues rather than time consumption.