Worst Toss In 31 Yrs

Arranview

Ricky probably your closest neighbour as you know I have 18 left out of 63 and havent had a race yet every toss has seen losses 35 in one , doos split up taking all day from less than 20 miles . had 7 reported in Glasgow and Motherwell area over the space of a week then nothing till the other day then 1 from stray centre. worst losses ever.

well ive been hearing horrendous stories of sickness in many lofts birds dieing by the dozen and good fanciers with big losses training and racing sounds like something is going through the baskets was going to jump 60 wee ones in to next weeks race but ill just keep them at home and make sure they are well trained for next year its just not not worth the risk been racing 16 sprinters that will do me to play with got to think of the future and sick birds is the last thing i need

well ive been hearing horrendous stories of sickness in many lofts birds dieing by the dozen and good fanciers with big losses training and racing sounds like something is going through the baskets was going to jump 60 wee ones in to next weeks race but ill just keep them at home and make sure they are well trained for next year its just not not worth the risk been racing 16 sprinters that will do me to play with got to think of the future and sick birds is the last thing i need

Would need to have been in the basket with others for this to be the case.

not really m8 you can take a virus back to your loft just by being in contact with a fancier whos birds are sick just like the coronavirus i remember seeing the video over 20 years ago with two dutch fanciers one of them had paramyxo in his loft his pal dropped in to see how he was doing he did not go near the loft or the birds just sat across the table from his friend and had a coffee and talked for 10 minutes as he got up to leave defra arrived and took a swab from the pals nostril and told him he was carrying the virus back to his loft scary stuff and thats how easy it is to catch it or any virus from a fancier a training van or a transporter as its air born not saying that was your problem or anyone elses but percy is not taking them all and when good fanciers report big losses something is wrong that and ive had 19 phone calls looking for the cure in the last week save your money the only cure is the bucket for any that dont come through it some can handle it and just like us some cant watch your club baskets guys if your sending this week some birds sitting quite no noise birds hunched up when you see this there is a problem and heavey losses and everything else will be the cause the race controller the falcon the weather but not the guys who sent sick birds and gave everyone else it mark my words it will get worse because some guys just dont care as long as they get a race and thats a fact ignorance is not an excuse

Peregrines Ricky

Absolutely nothing else

Just had the most sustained attack at loft 20 minutes ago very large hen within inches of race team as she singled them out just yards above my head

I clattered wheelie bin and made as much noise as possible distracting her for split second allowing pigeons to crash down into garden

Some that went high she then chased them before giving up ,she went to dot in heavens before stopping at great speed to the hills

Now that was directly above my head

What chance do they have when away from home

Atb mate

The doo games being ruined

Walkers is bringing one of my young birds home today - from a 55 mile race from Bubwith on Saturday - reported Sunday morning 7 miles from Cardiff (300 miles from home) - can't imagine it flew that far, unless it was in fear of his life

Yes an it must be healthy to fly that distanc

True Walter,

One that most won't accept is 'Deep rooted canker'. Remember Frank dooman emailing me in this regards after I posted as such. He 100% agreed with me and gave me some more names, 'Names' and very well known who told him the same.

Any canker treatment, regardless how well the bird may look, perform, shopuld never be used more

twice. tyhree times tosp! Because it quickly gets immuned to it. Only 33 different types.

in reality, the truth may well also help in that a little canke is good for a bird. It defences its homes and destroys any intruders etc.

only one cure, as i often stated, for depep rooted canker. Past has taught me well in this regards.

I know, before mating Treat for Canker. others every two weeks or after a race / basket event.

First of all did you liberate them altogether or in small batches? And the most important thing for all fanciers in the uk why do we think we can train and race our young birds in late July and August when all falcons / hawks are training their own babies to kill .I myself have witnessed them male above hen below catching them and releasing them for the babies too catch. Imo its suicidal

Your right a was same this year .didnt help mine being first toss aswell from 8ml away an got 9/50 on the day .pigeons have always had illnesses canker etc for as long as av had pigeons .a dont toss birds anymore old or young after first race.good luck in getting them back.