Was Thinking Of Selling Some Latebreds

Ryan Hay

After having the best season I've ever had I have let my doos pair up and ill let them rear a single youngster as a reward for having such a good season. My team of doos are predominantly long distance birds made up of Dickens and wilkinson, Derek Hay, House of Aarden also in the stock loft Calum Miller Alwyn Hill Stuart maskame,Davie and calum mcdougall and jim Donaldson .All exceptional long distance flyers. I also have one pair of Vandenbeele who have bred me a fed winner with 1000+ birds.

I am not in pigeons to make money and dislike the commercial side of our sport, and have only ever sold pigeons for charity before but this time I am going to let my kids split the money as I haven't been able to treat them much lately as I was entitled to zero help during the lock down due to the timing of setting up my new buisness.

I race in a very strong club Deveron Valley (Banff) with 15 members unfortunately due to the Covid we only had 6 races up to 300 miles. I was lucky enough to win 3 of them along with a 2nd in another. My doos also won the avredges for me along with some yearling trophies and 1st 2nd any age gold ring race. They will be £15 per bird and I'll easy sort out the courier or come and pick your own. Eggs are due to hatch next week if anyone is intrested please get in touch.

Thanks Andy, like a said am nae in doos to make money never have been never will be hence the reason I've only sold birds for charity before. Gave away loads aswell but this time ill let the kids keep the money, they are saving to go to legoland. I never raced that 2 birds you got up the road for me . 2 cracking cocks they turned out to be from jones and sons valeview rita. Thanks again for that.

Pleased for your' season mate. Yes by all means sale a few off.

Personally though I would keep a few myself - especially id Y/B season isn't too kind to you.

They often make great distance birds if just left to laz about first year and part next year. Maybe an of chuck in good weather in December. Not far though.

Then a couple of 100 - 150 milers next season.

year after, fresh birds will fly the distance well. J.M.O and expeirence.

Edited by Roland

Pleased for your' season mate. Yes by all means sale a few off.

Personally though I would keep a few myself - especially id Y/B season isn't too kind to you.

They often make great distance birds if just left to laz about first year and part next year. Maybe an of chuck in good weather in December. Not far though.

Then a couple of 100 - 150 milers next season.

year after, fresh birds will fly the distance well. J.M.O and expeirence.

Thankyou Roland, happy to let them go as I've plenty for next year, also agree latebreds treated right will come good especially as 2 year olds. I've sons daughters off national and children off national winners and also section winners in the snfc so hopefully they do a turn for there new owners

Thankyou Roland, happy to let them go as I've plenty for next year, also agree latebreds treated right will come good especially as 2 year olds. I've sons daughters off national and children off national winners and also section winners in the snfc so hopefully they do a turn for there new owners

Should of said, sons daughters and grandchildren off national winners