Reims Returns

Delboy

Cannot believe ive had 4 return from Reims in the last 36 hours, almost a week after the race. Now 9/14 with 3 of my fancied doos still to come??? 2nd, 3rd and 8th west region winners. Where do you think they have been as Im hearing a few reported covered in oil. Are they in the North sea oilrigs?

Edited by Delboy

4/8 here one covered in oil

Als a doo from Maidstone on tuesday covered in oil.

so what do you think has happened Stuart.Some say clashing, some say the heat got them and they lay down, whats your theory on it?

Edited by Delboy

I have 3/4 one on the sat afternoon one on Sunday and one on wed the only thing I noticed was they weren't particularly thin so must have looked after themselves as they haven't been in as feet very dirty .

I think they may not all have crossed channel and were maybe carried down the coast before correcting themselves, jmo

I have sent a lot of them back onshore over the years.But after the bird flu they would not take them on the helicopters so just had to feed them up and hope for the best. I’m about 100 miles east of Aberdeen as soon as the strays started to arrive then there would be 1 or 2 birds of prey would be right behind them every time I don’t know if they chased them out to sea but they knew where they were.

1596806496[/url]' post='1237543']

We all know that these late birds just weren't good enough on the day but I am just interested in what people think happened to them all. 1500ypm down to 600ypm to take the open positions isn't a great race imo.

I think some of them hit rain in England probably not long after they crossed the channel. Usually if birds go up into Holland you don’t get them for a couple of weeks and not in a west wind. There may be some have gone out to sea but not the amount that are turning up.

so what do you think has happened Stuart.Some say clashing, some say the heat got them and they lay down, whats your theory on it?

Birds headed north east on liberation, came off the coast of holland and into north sea, shipping forecast for southern north sea was southerly force 5-6 occasionally 7 (in other words as we say up here a good breeze o ween) the winning pigeons manage to sort themselves out but many didnt.

If it was the heat it didn’t seem to affect the snrpc race?

We all know that these late birds just weren't good enough on the day but I am just interested in what people think happened to them all. 1500ypm down to 600ypm to take the open positions isn't a great race imo.

I posted on the Friday afternoon about the excessive heat the length of England and I said they would get a sticky race with very few home on the shift and I stand by that, also a lot of people are forgetting there was about an hour and a half less daylight , some of the early second morning birds would normally have made it home on the night if the race had been on its usual date jmo.

Birds headed north east on liberation, came off the coast of holland and into north sea, shipping forecast for southern north sea was southerly force 5-6 occasionally 7 (in other words as we say up here a good breeze o ween) the winning pigeons manage to sort themselves out but many didnt.

If it was the heat it didn’t seem to affect the snrpc race?

This would explain only one doo in the Solway on the night Stuart.. I personally thought the doos should've been up at 2pm on Thursday, this would've kept all birds out and they would've finished on the Friday , avoiding clashing and the heat wave to an extent. The problem that arose with doing this is some doomen would have complained about the possibility of getting a doo on the shift. Although, this is understandable as the romance of the Gold cup is getting one on the day, sometimes it doesn't help the overall race, jmho.

What backs a lot of the last post Del is look at the age of the top 15 pigeons 11/4year old ,2/5year old ,1/3year ,and only 1 /2 year old in my mind top experience pigeons realised the mistake and corrected it before going too far .

Edited by eastcoaster

This would explain only one doo in the Solway on the night Stuart.. I personally thought the doos should've been up at 2pm on Thursday, this would've kept all birds out and they would've finished on the Friday , avoiding clashing and the heat wave to an extent. The problem that arose with doing this is some doomen would have complained about the possibility of getting a doo on the shift. Although, this is understandable as the romance of the Gold cup is getting one on the day, sometimes it doesn't help the overall race, jmho.

Totally agree Derek

0/3

Was worried when liberation stated they went north east

Few years back when we had stinker out reims they cleared north east

I was 11th section at 2-30 next afternoon

Having spoken to a top distance champion from Holland when over at show

He stated that reims is not a good racepoint for Scottish pigeons as they do not get a good line of flight and end up on northern Amsterdam

He said he has witnessed batches working the coastline deciding whether to cross hundreds of miles of open sea

Correct what stuart was saying the wind was strong southerly over sea hence they missed England

That accounts for birds not in solway or Scottish borders

Only doo in solway on night was seen homing from north east

Some real fancied doos at top of list which will have faced this scenario before

Have to also remember that we were a month later and full families of Falcons are on the wing

Very well done to all who timed