Sick Birds

Joe_b

Have stock loft wich I only use for breeding birds been spilt since February also have 2 other sections hens in one 14 late breeds in other all been vaccinated treated for cancer coxie worms all in good helf but last 3 days saw some green droppings in couple boxes next day birds were dead till now 2 old birds (2) yer olds 2 late birds phoned de weed was advised get parastop wich got yesterday use it but still had bird die today young member my club was saying last week some his helfy young ones were dying on him too theres no sickness just droppings green then dying any advice guys much appreciated in advance is it happening with anyone else what did u do

Have stock loft wich I only use for breeding birds been spilt since February also have 2 other sections hens in one 14 late breeds in other all been vaccinated treated for cancer coxie worms all in good helf but last 3 days saw some green droppings in couple boxes next day birds were dead till now 2 old birds (2) yer olds 2 late birds phoned de weed was advised get parastop wich got yesterday use it but still had bird die today young member my club was saying last week some his helfy young ones were dying on him too theres no sickness just droppings green then dying any advice guys much appreciated in advance is it happening with anyone else what did u do

Been told this is happening in lofts down south joe id treat for Salmonella E coli the guys i spoke to said there problem started 2 or 3 weeks after vaccinating for Parramixo with Colombovac vaccine

Hi Joe,

Happened to my young birds, green not slimy, birds stopped eating and just went and stared into a corner then died. Went to vet after 5 died, I removed another 6. Post Mortem carried out, nothing found, tested for all viruses, ADENO, CIRC, ROTA. The lot negative, 5 or 6 days after the last one dying, birds back to normal. They were given nothing except a probiotic while awaiting results, which took about 15 days. Was advised by vet to give them something to stop secondary infection which I did, birds were only vaccinated with Colmbovac vaccine after this happened.

Lot of guess work on what the problem might be or how it transpired.

Question you need to ask yourself is if you get a sick bird or several sick, what chance do they have of beating robust healthy Ybs in the race basket that have never been sick.

Between Higgy and myself we have used colombovac (me) and Nobilis (Higgy) on our Ybs this year.

i have had One bird go sick on me, one I brought in from another loft. I believe Higgy also has one go back and had to be disposed of.

So whilst you might get to the root cause of this it does not disguise the fact there is a weakness in their immunity that will inevitably show up when they’re asked a question in the race basket.

If your early bred Ybs are ok in the race loft then I think your efforts will be better spent looking after them and getting them ready for racing rather than look to cure these ones of whatever issue is causing them to fall sick. Those that don’t take sick should be the focus of your attention not trying to fix the ones who are showing a weakness. Even if they are bred from the same stock birds there is clearly a difference between nests.

So my advice is cut yer losses and crack on way yer healthy Ybs and if yer older stock birds show signs of illness then don’t use them again. Jmo

contact colin leask on facebook colin will sort you out with something to help them de weerd just wants your money for something that does not work the stuff colin gives you WORKS guaranteed and for not a lot of money

I've contacted colin and iam sorted I don't need to shut up shoo if u read my post right it's in my stock loft wich is no where near my race team and these birds are in great nic and raceing well

I've never and wouldn't send any birds that weren't 100% Fit and helthy