Ooronavirus

Walter swanston

Don't believe all you read in the papers! My local authority was reported in the national newspapers as having a possible local lockdown as there had been a spike in the number of confirmed cases - increased 100% - after recording no cases the week before, it had one new case

Oh ppfftt more people die with the flu and car accidents than the corona so it’s life the way I see it, not stopping us to do our hobby.

In UK approx 1700 per year die due to car deaths

Seasonal flu has in the past years has fluctuated between 2000 to the highest records 28.000

Covid 19 since March 2020 has been responsible for 44,000 deaths in the Uk (but if you review higher than average death rates it is probably much higher). If we had not had lock down again it would have been much higher.

As such it has been responsible for more deaths since March than the flu and car deaths have been for the last 3 years.

We have not had a winter with this virus and vigilance will be required in all places . Second waves (not spikes ) are the determining factor in most virus fatalities. Both Spanish and Asian flu had far more severe second waves

Flippancy is never to be congratulated .

The pigeon sport can of course be performed safely but is sensible to say this rather than promoting false claims.

In UK approx 1700 per year die due to car deaths

Seasonal flu has in the past years has fluctuated between 2000 to the highest records 28.000

Covid 19 since March 2020 has been responsible for 44,000 deaths in the Uk (but if you review higher than average death rates it is probably much higher). If we had not had lock down again it would have been much higher.

As such it has been responsible for more deaths since March than the flu and car deaths have been for the last 3 years.

We have not had a winter with this virus and vigilance will be required in all places . Second waves (not spikes ) are the determining factor in most virus fatalities. Both Spanish and Asian flu had far more severe second waves

Flippancy is never to be congratulated .

The pigeon sport can of course be performed safely but is sensible to say this rather than promoting false claims.

Totally Agree ( Great post )smiling-scarecrow-329.png

I’m not writing it out in bad taste I’m just saying we should continue to enjoy pigeon racing and be safe I’m just fed up of hearing about coronavirus

Don't let it get on top of you Matthew. It is difficult for all of us. We are all enjoying racing our pigeons, but racing them is a bonus. We originally thought that this season would be a total loss and at best we might get YB racing. We can still enjoy them flying around the loft. :)