Pigeonbasics Forum: Lanarkshire - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lanarkshire

#1 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

On behalf of the accused who doesn't use social media I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Jim Cameron post.

Yes the accused did go to JIms door, reason being to hand in a letter requesting a delegates meeting.
Yes a robust discussion took place regarding the racing situation in Lanarkshire.
Yes opinions were exchanged by both sides before agreeing to disagree.
At no time were voiced raised by any party.
At no point were Jim or his family abused.
The parties involved parted on friendly terms,


These are the facts of the matter as verified this morning during a phone call from the accused to jim.

#2 User is offline   JimC Icon

  • In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 27-August 06

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:16 AM

The accused should not be at Jim’s door with a letter for meeting that can’t take place because of restrictions, never mind giving his robust opinion,as you also should not be phoning him. Jim Cullen

#3 User is offline   Joe_b Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,161
  • Joined: 25-May 10
  • Club:dalzell

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:31 AM

View Postjimbo54, on 25 June 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

On behalf of the accused who doesn't use social media I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Jim Cameron post.

Yes the accused did go to JIms door, reason being to hand in a letter requesting a delegates meeting.
Yes a robust discussion took place regarding the racing situation in Lanarkshire.
Yes opinions were exchanged by both sides before agreeing to disagree.
At no time were voiced raised by any party.
At no point were Jim or his family abused.
The parties involved parted on friendly terms,


These are the facts of the matter as verified this morning during a phone call from the accused to jim.



If u weren't there how do u no these are facts no man should be abuse in or at his own family home that's a fact
Joe Boyle

#4 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

Jim, the accused was advised to deliver a regarding a delegates meeting on behalf of his club by the Fed President.

View PostJoe_b, on 25 June 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

If u weren't there how do u no these are facts no man should be abuse in or at his own family home that's a fact


#5 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:36 AM

View PostJoe_b, on 25 June 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

If u weren't there how do u no these are facts no man should be abuse in or at his own family home that's a fact

Read the last paragraph of my post !!!

#6 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:39 AM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

The accused should not be at Jim’s door with a letter for meeting that can’t take place because of restrictions, never mind giving his robust opinion,as you also should not be phoning him. Jim Cullen

Jim the accused was advised to deliver a letter regading a delegates meeting by the Fed President.

#7 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

The accused should not be at Jim’s door with a letter for meeting that can’t take place because of restrictions, never mind giving his robust opinion,as you also should not be phoning him. Jim Cullen

Jim nowhere in my post did i say I phoned Jim Cameron !!

#8 User is offline   JimC Icon

  • In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 27-August 06

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

That’s the same guy that is not letting his members use their club premises because of restrictions, he knows the rules. Jim is to nice a guy to hold a grudge. The man done wrong.

I apologise to you.

#9 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

That’s the same guy that is not letting his members use their club premises because of restrictions, he knows the rules. Jim is to nice a guy to hold a grudge. The man done wrong.

I apologise to you.

Sorry Jim your wrong, its not one man who is stopping members using club,the decision was made by a committee of 8 members who agreed unanimously not to use club due to the fact the club hut is 25 yards from a shelter housing complex, this decision was taken at the time with the old folks health given priorty.

#10 User is offline   JimC Icon

  • In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 27-August 06

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

So you admit he knows the restriction rules.

#11 User is offline   walterboswell59 Icon

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 8,643
  • Joined: 19-October 12
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:17 AM

and to make matters worse the fed was 100 percent correct in wanting to go to rippon on wedesday we would have had a good race instead of another 60 mile training toss what are all the people who shot the fed down saying now that it is highly unlikely that we will be racing sat or sun and we have no drivers for a race on monday race thanks a lot you jumped the gun and any letters to be handed in to the fed secretary unless invited should be by post

#12 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

So you admit he knows the restriction rules.

Jim i will admit he and 8 commitee members knew the restrictions when making this decision, will you admit that you didn't know the real reason there was no basketing at our club lol

#13 User is offline   JimC Icon

  • In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 27-August 06

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:38 AM

Yes I’m wrong I’m responding to here say from the gossip merchants and apologise.But that doesn’t make it right

#14 User is offline   JohnQuinn Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,195
  • Joined: 31-March 10
  • LocationLanarkshire

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

I delivered a letter to Cammy last year. (Long before this lockdown business) I never felt the need to knock on his door or have any discussion with him regarding the content of the letter. If you are advised to deliver a letter to the Secretary because you feel a postal route would be too long then you go to the door, pop it through the letterbox and go home.
You are then contacted in due course by the committee regarding the content of the letter.
At no time, whether cordial or aggressive in manner, should you engage with the Secretary. What makes this particular incident unseemly is due to health issues Cammy and his family are shielding meaning No One should be making direct contact with him.
Not for any reason because there is NO justifiable reason for it. He does not make decisions he administrates the Federation business via the Committee so speaking with him is futile too.
Everyone in this Fed knows the rules regarding lodging requests or complaints. It goes in writing and is POSTED to the Sec or in this instance posted through his door and left at that to be dealt with accordingly.
Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil.

www.LRPF.co.uk

#15 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes I’m wrong I’m responding to here say from the gossip merchants and apologise.But that doesn’t make it right

Respect Jim,a lot of people listen to gossip without knowing the real fact.

#16 User is offline   jimbo54 Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 136
  • Joined: 26-April 15
  • LocationSalsburgh
  • Club:Airdrie Distict

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

View PostJohnQuinn, on 25 June 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

I delivered a letter to Cammy last year. (Long before this lockdown business) I never felt the need to knock on his door or have any discussion with him regarding the content of the letter. If you are advised to deliver a letter to the Secretary because you feel a postal route would be too long then you go to the door, pop it through the letterbox and go home.
You are then contacted in due course by the committee regarding the content of the letter.
At no time, whether cordial or aggressive in manner, should you engage with the Secretary. What makes this particular incident unseemly is due to health issues Cammy and his family are shielding meaning No One should be making direct contact with him.
Not for any reason because there is NO justifiable reason for it. He does not make decisions he administrates the Federation business via the Committee so speaking with him is futile too.
Everyone in this Fed knows the rules regarding lodging requests or complaints. It goes in writing and is POSTED to the Sec or in this instance posted through his door and left at that to be dealt with accordingly.

John cant disagree with anything you said, all i can say is if the person involved had known Jim and his family were shieding he would not have been anywher near him, hindsight is a great thing.

#17 User is offline   Big Davie Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 979
  • Joined: 26-February 08
  • LocationBlantyre, Lanarkshire

Posted 25 June 2020 - 15:40 PM

View Postjimbo54, on 25 June 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

On behalf of the accused who doesn't use social media I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Jim Cameron post.

Yes the accused did go to JIms door, reason being to hand in a letter requesting a delegates meeting.
Yes a robust discussion took place regarding the racing situation in Lanarkshire.
Yes opinions were exchanged by both sides before agreeing to disagree.
At no time were voiced raised by any party.
At no point were Jim or his family abused.
The parties involved parted on friendly terms,


These are the facts of the matter as verified this morning during a phone call from the accused to jim.

Don't see any post from Jim Cameron on this thread
If your not in it you cant win it

#18 User is offline   JimC Icon

  • In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 27-August 06

Posted 25 June 2020 - 16:17 PM

Why Jim didn’t ask for it to be aired on social media

#19 User is offline   JohnQuinn Icon

  • Veteran of the Loft
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,195
  • Joined: 31-March 10
  • LocationLanarkshire

Posted 25 June 2020 - 17:37 PM

View PostJimC, on 25 June 2020 - 17:17 PM, said:

Why Jim didn’t ask for it to be aired on social media


Another reclection of the class of the man.



Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil.

www.LRPF.co.uk

#20 User is offline   Joe tyre Icon

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: 28-April 19
  • LocationBlantyre

Posted 25 June 2020 - 18:00 PM

I think it's time for everyone to start accepting in these hard times that the Lanarkshire fed are trying to get racing wotever the distance or races it is ones make mistakes everyone does let's get on with it and accept these are really different times I could imagine any young fanciers wanting to start up would look through some post and say Fu.. that pigeon game cmon fanciers let's get on with it and accept a bit of racing wotever racing that is yours in sport

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders