Lanarkshire

On behalf of the accused who doesn't use social media I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Jim Cameron post.

Yes the accused did go to JIms door, reason being to hand in a letter requesting a delegates meeting.

Yes a robust discussion took place regarding the racing situation in Lanarkshire.

Yes opinions were exchanged by both sides before agreeing to disagree.

At no time were voiced raised by any party.

At no point were Jim or his family abused.

The parties involved parted on friendly terms,

These are the facts of the matter as verified this morning during a phone call from the accused to jim.

On behalf of the accused who doesn't use social media I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Jim Cameron post.

Yes the accused did go to JIms door, reason being to hand in a letter requesting a delegates meeting.

Yes a robust discussion took place regarding the racing situation in Lanarkshire.

These are the facts of the matter as verified this morning during a phone call from the accused to jim.

If u weren't there how do u no these are facts no man should be abuse in or at his own family home that's a fact

Jim, the accused was advised to deliver a regarding a delegates meeting on behalf of his club by the Fed President.

If u weren't there how do u no these are facts no man should be abuse in or at his own family home that's a fact

The accused should not be at Jim’s door with a letter for meeting that can’t take place because of restrictions, never mind giving his robust opinion,as you also should not be phoning him. Jim Cullen

Jim the accused was advised to deliver a letter regading a delegates meeting by the Fed President.

The accused should not be at Jim’s door with a letter for meeting that can’t take place because of restrictions, never mind giving his robust opinion,as you also should not be phoning him. Jim Cullen

Jim nowhere in my post did i say I phoned Jim Cameron !!

That’s the same guy that is not letting his members use their club premises because of restrictions, he knows the rules. Jim is to nice a guy to hold a grudge. The man done wrong.

I apologise to you.

Sorry Jim your wrong, its not one man who is stopping members using club,the decision was made by a committee of 8 members who agreed unanimously not to use club due to the fact the club hut is 25 yards from a shelter housing complex, this decision was taken at the time with the old folks health given priorty.

and to make matters worse the fed was 100 percent correct in wanting to go to rippon on wedesday we would have had a good race instead of another 60 mile training toss what are all the people who shot the fed down saying now that it is highly unlikely that we will be racing sat or sun and we have no drivers for a race on monday race thanks a lot you jumped the gun and any letters to be handed in to the fed secretary unless invited should be by post

So you admit he knows the restriction rules.

Jim i will admit he and 8 commitee members knew the restrictions when making this decision, will you admit that you didn't know the real reason there was no basketing at our club lol

I delivered a letter to Cammy last year. (Long before this lockdown business) I never felt the need to knock on his door or have any discussion with him regarding the content of the letter. If you are advised to deliver a letter to the Secretary because you feel a postal route would be too long then you go to the door, pop it through the letterbox and go home.

You are then contacted in due course by the committee regarding the content of the letter.

At no time, whether cordial or aggressive in manner, should you engage with the Secretary. What makes this particular incident unseemly is due to health issues Cammy and his family are shielding meaning No One should be making direct contact with him.

Not for any reason because there is NO justifiable reason for it. He does not make decisions he administrates the Federation business via the Committee so speaking with him is futile too.

Everyone in this Fed knows the rules regarding lodging requests or complaints. It goes in writing and is POSTED to the Sec or in this instance posted through his door and left at that to be dealt with accordingly.

Yes I’m wrong I’m responding to here say from the gossip merchants and apologise.But that doesn’t make it right

Respect Jim,a lot of people listen to gossip without knowing the real fact.

I delivered a letter to Cammy last year. (Long before this lockdown business) I never felt the need to knock on his door or have any discussion with him regarding the content of the letter. If you are advised to deliver a letter to the Secretary because you feel a postal route would be too long then you go to the door, pop it through the letterbox and go home.

You are then contacted in due course by the committee regarding the content of the letter.

At no time, whether cordial or aggressive in manner, should you engage with the Secretary. What makes this particular incident unseemly is due to health issues Cammy and his family are shielding meaning No One should be making direct contact with him.

Not for any reason because there is NO justifiable reason for it. He does not make decisions he administrates the Federation business via the Committee so speaking with him is futile too.

Everyone in this Fed knows the rules regarding lodging requests or complaints. It goes in writing and is POSTED to the Sec or in this instance posted through his door and left at that to be dealt with accordingly.

John cant disagree with anything you said, all i can say is if the person involved had known Jim and his family were shieding he would not have been anywher near him, hindsight is a great thing.

Don't see any post from Jim Cameron on this thread

I think it's time for everyone to start accepting in these hard times that the Lanarkshire fed are trying to get racing wotever the distance or races it is ones make mistakes everyone does let's get on with it and accept these are really different times I could imagine any young fanciers wanting to start up would look through some post and say Fu.. that pigeon game cmon fanciers let's get on with it and accept a bit of racing wotever racing that is yours in sport

and to make matters worse the fed was 100 percent correct in wanting to go to rippon on wedesday we would have had a good race instead of another 60 mile training toss what are all the people who shot the fed down saying now that it is highly unlikely that we will be racing sat or sun and we have no drivers for a race on monday race thanks a lot you jumped the gun and any letters to be handed in to the fed secretary unless invited should be by post

just an observation I notice that the birdcage was down 2744 from Saturday and that 47 less members got to go to the midweek race maybe that's a point we should take into account when we do these races that not all fed members can be able to go or be at there loft midweek as they are at work, £1000 pound plus lost in revenue to the fed for a 60 mile training toss any thoughts for those members who don't have ets etc

Ripon this weekend then straight into :-

Workshop 207

Melton 245

Kettering 270

Billericay 343 Maidstone Snfc 367

Gold Cup Reims 565 mls and there is no going back apart from

Ypres with the Fed if it goes ahead.

Good luck with 6 races to compete in and may I thank Jim Cameron for keeping a good calm approach.

Take Care

Budgie😉ðŸ‘

just an observation I notice that the birdcage was down 2744 from Saturday and that 47 less members got to go to the midweek race maybe that's a point we should take into account when we do these races that not all fed members can be able to go or be at there loft midweek as they are at work, £1000 pound plus lost in revenue to the fed for a 60 mile training toss any thoughts for those members who don't have ets etc

i worked shifts for 15 years you just had to work around it before ets was thought of and no one moaned about it in fact the bulk of lanarkshire fed members were steelworkers like myself or miners and for those that dont have ets get it simple as that same as i had to race against stall traps and open door its up to the fancier to get his birds to the marking or club and to time them in not the feds people need to stop thinking there owed something and stop bloody greetin and carrying on like wee school lassies

lets get on with racing and stop trying make problems or score points

You are correct that back then we did have to get on with it and have someone be able to time your birds in, that was usually the case of a holdover, and then the members all understood was part of the sport, I am pretty sure if you asked them for a midweek race program they would have moaned about it, I am in no way trying to score points only make one, I have ets but cant be at loft for midweek races so that's is my fault your clock must be in an hour or so after timing and with covid I wouldn't put anyone in a position some of our members still rubber there birds and cant be at loft to time in again covid would be a problem for them in one way or another I am sure they would like to get there birds some time on wing even if they cant be there for return, they are not racing and out of any competitions organized by our federation that was my point and yes lets get back to weekend racing the delegates do a great job just getting us to a start line and must be commended by all fanciers.