neila

How many tosses do members give the babies

I am looking for 20 tosses

2 short 5 mile as the pigeon flies

4 x10 miles

4 x 15 miles

4 x 25 miles

Then at least 4 back at 15 mile my break point

Looking at that with racing starting 25th July and I don't train Saturday or Sundays and I avoid Fridays to they have confidence in case of a error the day before race day

It's getting about time to make a start only just seems that i finished old training

When i was sprinting they would be tossed usually the week of or just after the 1st old bird race. 4 days a week, which would be 3 to 4 months before the 1st young bird race. I would get them to first race point, and then theyd be trained in accordance to the wind. Tail wind they went 50, head wind 27 mile. There inital tosses were usually 2 at loughton 14 mile, 2 at harlow 20 mile, and 5 at bishop stortford, then duxford as many times i could then Peterbrough. Then when the racibg started the wind is how i trained

Now if i give my ybs 2 x 15 mile tosses it would be a lot neil, but my goals are much different and different pigeons, i do not even take a clock out for the ybs now

Edited by Wiley

When i was sprinting they would be tossed usually the week of or just after the 1st old bird race. 4 days a week, which would be 3 to 4 months before the 1st young bird race. I would get them to first race point, and then theyd be trained in accordance to the wind. Tail wind they went 50, head wind 27 mile. There inital tosses were usually 2 at loughton 14 mile, 2 at harlow 20 mile, and 5 at bishop stortford, then duxford as many times i could then Peterbrough. Then when the racibg started the wind is how i trained

Now if i give my ybs 2 x 15 mile tosses it would be a lot neil, but my goals are much different and different pigeons, i do not even take a clock out for the ybs now

Are you keeping any middle distance birds Ryan or just extreme distance pigeons

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone going with ybs , I got my first short one out of the way Tuesday , had rain and heavy cloud since let's hop next week is better

I only have 22 so can't afford to risk things

How many tosses have others had ?

Do you do that every year Alex

No Neil due to family reason I've been unable to race ybs for the pass 3 years so have bred very few in that time. The down side is I've got mostly older birds which are winning pigeons so it's hard to get shut of them. Hoping to get back to normal next season good luck with your youngsters.atb.