Help On Dimension Of Loft

Aaron Gibson15

At the moment i have a 6x4 pigeon loft I’ve raced once maybe 5 years ago and I’m thinking of going at it again possibly. I have space to build another one I would have to get rid of the one I have now but I’m not too sure if I should stick with it as the new loft will be a weird size and was wondering will it work so the sizes would be around 12feet long 7 feet tall and only 32 inches wide I’m trying to come up with ideas on way to make this work as it’s the only space I can build on. Any ideas or should I do something similar to kit boxes or maybe just keep going in the 6x4. Any help appreciated

Thanks

At the moment i have a 6x4 pigeon loft I’ve raced once maybe 5 years ago and I’m thinking of going at it again possibly. I have space to build another one I would have to get rid of the one I have now but I’m not too sure if I should stick with it as the new loft will be a weird size and was wondering will it work so the sizes would be around 12feet long 7 feet tall and only 32 inches wide I’m trying to come up with ideas on way to make this work as it’s the only space I can build on. Any ideas or should I do something similar to kit boxes or maybe just keep going in the 6x4. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Size is actually 38inches

plenty of room . you could possibly build a better relationship with your birds in that minimal space .

Ideally I’d like to have it as a walk in but not sure if doable so I was nearly thinking having 2-3 sections/boxes done in the style of roller kit boxes

I’m not entirely sure if that will work especially with the likes of overcrowding as I’d like to ideally be able to race 25 ybs

Ideally I’d like to have it as a walk in but not sure if doable so I was nearly thinking having 2-3 sections/boxes done in the style of roller kit boxes

I’m not entirely sure if that will work especially with the likes of overcrowding as I’d like to ideally be able to race 25 ybs

if your young bird box perches are 6 or 8 inch deep then all,s good . unless your a big lad , it should be fine .

Could probably fit two two of me in 38 inches haha. Would old birds need more space or breeding pairs even?

Thanks for the replies Andy

yes more space for old birds Aaron , but you can do a few things diffrently than the norm .place the boxes facing each other on the side walls for example . or maybe build the boxes deeper yet smaller .keep watching the videos for ideas , and ask away on site here . theres many better fanciers than me . and your welcome , happy to help ,,, if i can .