Training

marky2611

due to what has happened with the SHU and the Scottish government mark has decide to cancel all training until turnbull gets things sorted with the scottish government it saddens me that we get told one thing then things change for the worst and not getting train 3 emails were sent telling us what we were to do and what was in place then you get a third throwing a hugh spanner in the works well done turnbull

due to what has happened with the SHU and the Scottish government mark has decide to cancel all training until turnbull gets things sorted with the scottish government it saddens me that we get told one thing then things change for the worst and not getting train 3 emails were sent telling us what we were to do and what was in place then you get a third throwing a hugh spanner in the works well done turnbull

yes very upsetting

It is a shambles you get a email telling you you are ok to start training. We don't know if we are coming or going. It does not make things any easier when you see the Elglish feds start racing never mind just being allowed to train. If they can transport horses all over the UK surely we should be allowed to train/race our doos providing all the correct restrictions are in place.

if he steps down are you prepared to take the job he is only taking orders from the goverment get them to step down

Austin even if he wanted the job he could not take it as far as I remember the president is elected by the delegates so that would rule the lad out as he is not a delegate. Am sure that is the way it works.

But if I am wrong I apologise

Edited by tiger

What I can't understand is why are rpra members in Scotland allowed to train out with the 5mile guideline and race ..when Joe blogs 3mile from.the guys who are in the shu grounded sorry but imo if this is about the virus does it no who's in what union ?????

I'm not having a go at any union ...all I'm trying to understand is why can fanciers in Scotland whom are with rpra go about as normal and fanciers in the shu can't because if I understand right its because of the virus that's stopping us training/ racing ....but the virus doesn't care what union you are in .so are the rpra members immune?

I'm not having a go at any union ...all I'm trying to understand is why can fanciers in Scotland whom are with rpra go about as normal and fanciers in the shu can't because if I understand right its because of the virus that's stopping us training/ racing ....but the virus doesn't care what union you are in .so are the rpra members immune?

Yes

This is not a Scottish Government issue. This is an issue regarding one persons interpretation of Scottish Government guidelines and his failure to take a decision. No politician will give a definitive answer. I await the answer to the Edinburgh MSP's question. :)

This is not a Scottish Government issue. This is an issue regarding one persons interpretation of Scottish Government guidelines and his failure to take a decision. No politician will give a definitive answer. I await the answer to the Edinburgh MSP's question. :)

thanks for the info ,

Can you please clarify if the "one persons interpretation" refers to the "Edinburgh MSP" you mention?

just my opinion but i think people are interpreting the rule wrong as far as im concerned the rule is you can travel up to 5 miles to your training van or transporter to get your birds loaded for training and im sticking to that as that is how i read it and would quote if stopped but im passing police everyday and they can see the birds and have never bothered us think our biggest problem is guys trying to stir it and make problems that are not there

Can you please clarify if the "one persons interpretation" refers to the "Edinburgh MSP" you mention?

No. Every individual has their own individual circumstances. Some are shielding, some not. Some are working, some are not. Some are on furlough, some are not, etc.

The RPRA have made their interpretation and the SHU President(s) have made theirs. If you are racing under RPRA rules, then their guidance has to be followed. Federations and Clubs have to ensure they can meet the bio-security and they must inform their Members. The Members then have to decide on their own personal circumstances and interpretation of the guidelines.

There is no definitive answer at this time as far as I am aware.

I am a RPRA Delegate and a SHU Delegate. The RPRA have been excellent with their communications and the CEO has made himself available to speak with. I have received a few phone calls from Dougie Bald and I have spoken with Gordon Turnbull, but the SHU communications have been very poor, until recently by posting retractions to the original guidance. The RPRA have used video conferencing, the SHU haven't.

If thousands of protesters are legally ok to gather. what harm is a half dozen doo lads meeting up to basket their birds ?

Theres a pub in the Broch got the all clear to open in the 18th of this month and we still canna train/race our doos.