Another Thread Locked

tommy bhoys

It wouldn't be the thred that would be locked it would be you tommy bhoy

ive been looking at statements made and speeches from mairi gougeon cant find any relating tae pigeon racing in scotland can anyone help me out here cmon guys is it the case im looking in wrong place???

ive been looking at statements made and speeches from mairi gougeon cant find any relating tae pigeon racing in scotland can anyone help me out here cmon guys is it the case im looking in wrong place???

some folk on here widnae be able tae find coo's in a field Tommy....try looking in the SHU email that was posted up in the RPRA post ;)

some folk on here widnae be able tae find coo's in a field Tommy....try looking in the SHU email that was posted up in the RPRA post ;)

well if walter cant get on his hotline tae wee jimmy and confirm this as its not on the scottish parliament official page which is up tae date just you stay in the dark and keep eating s----

well if walter cant get on his hotline tae wee jimmy and confirm this as its not on the scottish parliament official page which is up tae date just you stay in the dark and keep eating s----

Only guys that live in the dark are you guys as ye go about permanently blindfolded Tommy

Here's the latest regarding pigeon racing taken from the Scottish Parliament website

Question S5W-29647: Jeremy Balfour, Lothian, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, Date Lodged: 03/06/2020

Hide Full Question <<

To ask the Scottish Government what guidance it has issued regarding the racing of pigeons during the COVID-19 outbreak, and whether it has granted the Royal Pigeon Racing Association approval to resume racing.

Current Status: Expected Answer date 18/06/2020

Tommy if you get back from Dunbar quick enough on Sunday you can join the thousands of protesters at Glasgow Green. The Scottish government says they cant stop you joining thousands in the park but think you training members pigeons is more dangerous. The Jockdown is over BLM... Big Lanarkshire Matters.

Only guys that live in the dark are you guys as ye go about permanently blindfolded Tommy

Here's the latest regarding pigeon racing taken from the Scottish Parliament website

Question S5W-29647: Jeremy Balfour, Lothian, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, Date Lodged: 03/06/2020

Hide Full Question <<

To ask the Scottish Government what guidance it has issued regarding the racing of pigeons during the COVID-19 outbreak, and whether it has granted the Royal Pigeon Racing Association approval to resume racing.

Simple reply to that will be "eh What are you talking about" Someone then might own up to having been asked the questions, but I doubt it because nobody has answered the questions. All they have done is parry them by referring to the guidelines or stating their own opinions which we all know from this site are like ars es, everyone has one. At least this MSP has asked a definitive question. I don't know who put him up to it. I don't know what knowledge he has of the situation, but I expect the answer is a referral to the guidelines.

I have sent a message via FB to Jeremy Balfour.

Jeremy, I have just been informed that you have asked a question regarding Racing pigeons. To ask the Scottish Government what guidance it has issued regarding the racing of pigeons during the COVID-19 outbreak, and whether it has granted the Royal Pigeon Racing Association approval to resume racing. My understanding at the present time is that there have been no answers given to the many questions from the SHU and the RPRA. What they have received at best are referrals to the guidelines and at worst opinions from MSP's completely ignorant regarding racing pigeons, ie. All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister of Rural Affair and the Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind. At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissible for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This is a statement made out of ignorance by someone with no interest in the subject. My racing pigeons exercise from the loft flying at around 40 mph for between 1 and 2 hours. Simple maths between 40 and 80 miles. To suggest a trainer of 5 miles would be of any worth proves her ignorance. I expect she has not even read the stringent guidelines regarding bio-security that have been issued by the RPRA. I sincerely hope you have checked all the FACTS to enable you to ask subsequent questions. If the fanciers travel to their local Clubs and follow the Scottish Government guidelines and the RPRA guidelines, then their Federation is able to transport their pigeons, our racehorses in the sky, just as racehorse owners are doing now. The RPRA bio-security measures should be extremely effective in limiting the possible spread of Covid 19 and by allowing the fanciers to make their own decisions whether they are able to safely meet the requirements will allow them some outdoor leisure and the subsequent benefits to their mental well-being. A refusal could result in the destruction of many pigeons since these athletes need to be trained and raced to benefit their future to the fancier. I hope you are aware of the charitable work that the racing pigeon fraternity carries out and the vast sums of money donated regularly. Further the feed market etc receives much benefit from fanciers, so by this resumption of pigeon racing, in line with other outdoor leisure pursuits, we are assisting kickstarting the economy. Multiple benefits at very little risk. I am a Secretary of a RPRA Federation active in Scotland and also a Secretary of a SHU Federation. please check the FACTS so that you are able to speak regarding the matter from a position of knowledge.

Thank you for asking such a definitive question.

Hopefully he will research his question properly, so he can respond correctly to whichever answer he receives. At least the proper questions are being asked in the proper places.

Jeremy, I have just been informed that you have asked a question regarding Racing pigeons. To ask the Scottish Government what guidance it has issued regarding the racing of pigeons during the COVID-19 outbreak, and whether it has granted the Royal Pigeon Racing Association approval to resume racing. My understanding at the present time is that there have been no answers given to the many questions from the SHU and the RPRA. What they have received at best are referrals to the guidelines and at worst opinions from MSP's completely ignorant regarding racing pigeons, ie. All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister of Rural Affair and the Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind. At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissible for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This is a statement made out of ignorance by someone with no interest in the subject. My racing pigeons exercise from the loft flying at around 40 mph for between 1 and 2 hours. Simple maths between 40 and 80 miles. To suggest a trainer of 5 miles would be of any worth proves her ignorance. I expect she has not even read the stringent guidelines regarding bio-security that have been issued by the RPRA. I sincerely hope you have checked all the FACTS to enable you to ask subsequent questions. If the fanciers travel to their local Clubs and follow the Scottish Government guidelines and the RPRA guidelines, then their Federation is able to transport their pigeons, our racehorses in the sky, just as racehorse owners are doing now. The RPRA bio-security measures should be extremely effective in limiting the possible spread of Covid 19 and by allowing the fanciers to make their own decisions whether they are able to safely meet the requirements will allow them some outdoor leisure and the subsequent benefits to their mental well-being. A refusal could result in the destruction of many pigeons since these athletes need to be trained and raced to benefit their future to the fancier. I hope you are aware of the charitable work that the racing pigeon fraternity carries out and the vast sums of money donated regularly. Further the feed market etc receives much benefit from fanciers, so by this resumption of pigeon racing, in line with other outdoor leisure pursuits, we are assisting kickstarting the economy. Multiple benefits at very little risk. I am a Secretary of a RPRA Federation active in Scotland and also a Secretary of a SHU Federation. please check the FACTS so that you are able to speak regarding the matter from a position of knowledge.

Hopefully he will research his question properly, so he can respond correctly to whichever answer he receives. At least the proper questions are being asked in the proper places.

Well done absolutely brilliant

I think the guidance from the SHU for the ordinary pigeon fancier over the last few weeks has been absolutely shocking to say the least......

Correct Alf and they are using pigeon Basics to post stuff and there website has had nothing on it from 2015 !!! Not everyone has pigeon Basics it’s absolutely shocking

What is the point of the SHU website if it’s not being used for it’s purpose

What is the point of the SHU if it is not there to help the Scottish pigeon racing fanciers???

I think the guidance from the SHU for the ordinary pigeon fancier over the last few weeks has been absolutely shocking to say the least......

I am sending a letter to the SHU today, in the morning. :)

What is the point of the SHU if it is not there to help the Scottish pigeon racing fanciers???

Good question and one that will be asked at the earliest opportunity, if not by your own Councillor, then by me. :)

Hide Full Question <<

thats not the ? i asked whelk where is mairi gougeons statement it should be on her page which is up tae date keep eating the s----

thats not the ? i asked whelk where is mairi gougeons statement it should be on her page which is up tae date keep eating the s----

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just you continue to lead the blind, "BLIND MAN" 😉

But remember that by your selfish, foolish actions by continuing to ignore guidelines from both the SHU & RPRA that ALL the genuine pigeon fanciers may get no racing at all this year.

Who knows!! He may even get a vote of "No Confidence" and be asked to stand down😉

Correct Alf and they are using pigeon Basics to post stuff and there website has had nothing on it from 2015 !!! Not everyone has pigeon Basics it’s absolutely shocking

All updates have been emailed to secretary's (except Bobby) if secretary's choose not to inform you then maybe you need a new secretary??