Message From The Shu

THE FIFER

TRAINING IN SCOTLAND

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister of Rural Affair and the Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind.

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissible for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M. President Scottish Homing Union

Scottish homing union

Question's being asked by club and federation members

1, Why are they not receiving written confirmation of weekly/daily rule changes as fully paid up members of union

2, Why when accessing Shu website is no information available

(Those with internet)

3,What is Pigeon basics

And why is it being posted on this site that they did not know exists

4, Why is Mairi Gougan Msp Minister for Rural affairs signaling out racing pigeons??

5, Has the same minister allowed the movement of racehorses from Scotland to English racepoints which have taken place

Newcastle monday passed

When no such meetings are taking place in Scotland at present

That if the case would then be discrimination and violation of human rights .

4,They strongly feel that it should not be the responsibility of club secretary's to carry the responsibility and cost of informing members every few days of continual changes when many are employed full time carrying out essential works .

5, As the union supplied rings currently on young birds ,if no racing takes place (only in Scotland) who compensates for the cull of unnecessary birds as in foot and mouth ??

Many Questions

Not many Answers

Certainly not in writing

As per law of the Land !!

Scottish homing union

1, Why are they not receiving written confirmation of weekly/daily rule changes as fully paid up members of union

(Those with internet)

3,What is Pigeon basics

4, Why is Mairi Gougan Msp Minister for Rural affairs signaling out racing pigeons??

5, Has the same minister allowed the movement of racehorses from Scotland to English racepoints which have taken place

Newcastle monday passed

4,They strongly feel that it should not be the responsibility of club secretary's to carry the responsibility and cost of informing members every few days of continual changes when many are employed full time carrying out essential works .

5, As the union supplied rings currently on young birds ,if no racing takes place (only in Scotland) who compensates for the cull of unnecessary birds as in foot and mouth ??

Many Questions

Not many Answers

Certainly not in writing

Excellent points Michael. :)

Who is advising the gov about pigeon racing, if you're birds are not doing the equivalent of 5 mls round the loft there's some thing wrong imo.

The Government ministers are ignorant about racing pigeons. It is obvious they are not being advised properly or are ignoring the information supplied. Racing pigeons is of no consequence to MSP's. I very much doubt they are going to spend time considering the finer details. MSP's, MP's, etc will never give specific answers, especially to subject like this. Expert interviewers have problems getting answers from politicians, why should we be any different.

Scottish homing union

(Those with internet)

3,What is Pigeon basics

Newcastle monday passed

Many Questions

Not many Answers

Certainly not in writing

Well said

The Government ministers are ignorant about racing pigeons. It is obvious they are not being advised properly or are ignoring the information supplied. Racing pigeons is of no consequence to MSP's. I very much doubt they are going to spend time considering the finer details. MSP's, MP's, etc will never give specific answers, especially to subject like this. Expert interviewers have problems getting answers from politicians, why should we be any different.

Try google Mairi Gougeon birds of prey. You may also have a look at her C V on wikipedia and the qualifications she has obtained to prepare her for the job as minister for rural affairs and environment .

Try google Mairi Gougeon birds of prey. You may also have a look at her C V on wikipedia and the qualifications she has obtained to prepare her for the job as minister for rural affairs and environment .

she knows naff all about rural affairs she graduated from aberdeen uni with a history degree and she is all for bop she will have no intrest in racing pigeons

she knows naff all about rural affairs she graduated from aberdeen uni with a history degree and she is all for bop she will have no intrest in racing pigeons

Yes she will. She’ll be keen for racing to start to give her beloved BOP there weekend bonus

Scottish homing union

(Those with internet)

3,What is Pigeon basics

Newcastle monday passed

Many Questions

Not many Answers

Certainly not in writing

Best post of 2020

Jim Goldie has sent 2 horses from Glasgow to run Newcastle since Monday

TRAINING IN SCOTLAND

All Clubs and Federations should be fully aware of the following statement which was made by Mairi Gougeon MSP, Minister of Rural Affair and the Natural Environment in the Scottish Government on 2 June 2020 before arranging training of any kind.

At the current time, it is best that racing pigeons are exercised from their home loft. It would be permissible for birds belonging to a few members to be transported, in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 miles and released for a slightly longer flight. This could be carried out without the need for your members to come into close contact with others when the crates are uplifted.

This statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year.

In the meantime I will continue pressing the Minister and her Private Secretary for an answer on when we are liable to be allowed to race.

archie have you seen this statement from mairi gougeon or is this just chinese whispers has anyone seen this statment ??? what bout the whelk ??? ive emailed her waiting on a reply

archie have you seen this statement from mairi gougeon or is this just chinese whispers has anyone seen this statment ??? what bout the whelk ??? ive emailed her waiting on a reply

it tells you on the bottom who has sent it, and asked for it to be put up, ask him; in future if I get any notices from SHU RPRA etc and put them up they will be locked, those notices has nothing to do with the site they are from the officials so get onto them please, and ask questions,

IE

it tells you on the bottom who has sent it, and asked for it to be put up, ask him;

IE<

asked if you had seen the statement before you posted this ---- from the shu archie if i ask you tae post something would you not want tae know its true think your getting pulled in archie

asked if you had seen the statement before you posted this ---- from the shu archie if i ask you tae post something would you not want tae know its true think your getting pulled in archie

those are from officials, why dont you get in touch with the official who is responsible and tell him if you think he is lying the notices are signed you see who is responsible phone him and tell him, and let me know how you get on, THESE NOTICES ARE SIGNED so instead of blaming me tell him he is not telling the truth when officials give me a notice to put up, jet me know when you have been in touch with the President and told him he is lying, and let me know how you get on how you get on,

those are from officials, why dont you get in touch with the official who is responsible and tell him if you think he is lying the notices are signed you see who is responsible phone him and tell him, and let me know how you get on, THESE NOTICES ARE SIGNED so instead of blaming me tell him he is not telling the truth, when officials give me a notice to put up,

you cant say lying on site archie tut tut its not telling the truth is the rite wording

fixed if it makes a difference, still means the same

I have been in touch with the SHU President, who signed the notice which is causing all the trouble. and me being accused of allowing it on site without checking it out to make sure it was true, his reply to that was he as president is responsible for the notice and it was signed by him, and if tommy bhoys has any questions about it being on the council should know where to put his complaints, and if so, bring a letter along to the next meeting,

PS

my own message to members, things are bad enough just now without getting hassle and problems on site so must really think about what to do, getting held responsible for an officials notice he put up not being true (its laughable in a way) but unbelievable. is it worth it all ,