Group Training Of Racing Pigeons Of Shu Members In Scotland

DBA421

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy you do know that it's the pigeons going to Dunbar and not individual members?? So going by the rules of Nicoliar. Members are staying within the rules of social distancing and the 5 mile is guidance but not law.

100%

I’d say it’s actually unlawful for SHU to try stop you

As it’s not set law to say you can’t travel

100%

I’d say it’s actually unlawful for SHU to try stop you

As it’s not set law to say you can’t travel

It would be different if you had hundreds of guys going to meet up but it's a handful at each club and they should all give 6ft 6in social distance space and wash hands wear a mask everyone knows the drill by now. Guys who dont want to race should go to the club early and fill baskets with there own birds and leave drinkers on them.

Guys we all have to follow the rules "from a level of personal and professional integrity".Its not the SHU it’s the Government The important thing is we stick to the rules to get us through into the next critical 2nd phase and we follow the rules to the best of our abilities.Why put our elders at risk for a !Fed Training Toss !is it not safer to train them yourself them jump them .Its nothing to do with furlough or grants if it was ,we would be racing .If we get a 2nd Spike it will be devastating and I believe for the economy the 2nd phase will be lifted within 3 weeks.I am as keen as you for racing to commence and it will but surely not to the detriment of our families.

Time and Patience

Take Care

Guys we all have to follow the rules "from a level of personal and professional integrity".Its not the SHU it’s the Government The important thing is we stick to the rules to get us through into the next critical 2nd phase and we follow the rules to the best of our abilities.Why put our elders at risk for a !Fed Training Toss !is it not safer to train them yourself them jump them .Its nothing to do with furlough or grants if it was ,we would be racing .If we get a 2nd Spike it will be devastating and I believe for the economy the 2nd phase will be lifted within 3 weeks.I am as keen as you for racing to commence and it will but surely not to the detriment of our families.

Time and Patience

Take Care

Totally agree with every word. Tell this to the families that have lost loved ones That we dont care we only intrested in racing pigeons come hell or high low . Its so so wrong

Time and Patience

Take Care

well said

Time and Patience

Take Care

I’m in complete agreement with this post. Should pigeon training help to spread the virus then the image of the sport will take a further downward dive.

There is no substitute for brains.

Scotland's coronavirus guidelines could be enforced by new laws if "even a minority" continue to flout them, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The first minister relaxed restrictions north of the border on Friday, allowing more people to meet up while outdoors.

She said the "vast majority" had complied with recommendations not to travel and to keep gatherings small.

But Ms Sturgeon said it was clear that not everyone had complied, with police dispersing 797 gatherings on Saturday.

And with car traffic trebling at some beauty spots, the first minister said she would not hesitate to put restrictions on group size and travel distance into law.

Scotland's coronavirus guidelines could be enforced by new laws if "even a minority" continue to flout them, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The first minister relaxed restrictions north of the border on Friday, allowing more people to meet up while outdoors.

She said the "vast majority" had complied with recommendations not to travel and to keep gatherings small.

But Ms Sturgeon said it was clear that not everyone had complied, with police dispersing 797 gatherings on Saturday.

And with car traffic trebling at some beauty spots, the first minister said she would not hesitate to put restrictions on group size and travel distance into law.

well we are training this week so pm we jimmy and tell her she does not gee a .*expletive removed* bout pigeon racing only people stopping us is the shu but thats about tae change

GROUP TRAINING OF RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

The same two people must not be used to load the transporter

A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

Unless I am getting this wrong the above advice was issued by the SHU last week specifically adivising that group training could take place with the proviso that the conditions detailed where adhered to, the latest update earlier on this thread now contradicts the above statement, is it any wonder there is so much confusion...................

Bang on Davie . I asked our fed secretary if we were breaking law I was told I should read the phase 1 thingy , then was told it’s all on me as club president if my members train Birds as I should be advising them . Although the fed put out a text saying fed training was on on these dates ??? So now I have advised all our members that , I have told them they may be breaking law . So I’m now clear of any future blame .

1591086125[/url]' post='1228263']

It’s the governing bodies (unions ) that should be keeping the federations right then the federation tells the clubs so members know what’s right and what’s wrong

That’s the problem. The governing bodies don’t know what is acceptable as the government minister won’t tell them. Gordon Turnbull issued a statement to federation secretaries yesterday which would clear up a lot of the unjustified criticism he has received. I thought Archie would have been asked to put it on here. As Glen Cameron said on another thread it is all down to interpretation. In my opinion 15 fanciers travelling half a mile to put trainers on a truck for a 50 mile toss is less risk than 15 fanciers travelling 20 miles in their cars for a toss. The government minister who is responsible for our situation happens to be my MSP. I have emailed her twice in the last 4 days. Still waiting for a reply. Has anyone else contacted their MSP?

That’s the problem. The governing bodies don’t know what is acceptable as the government minister won’t tell them. Gordon Turnbull issued a statement to federation secretaries yesterday which would clear up a lot of the unjustified criticism he has received. I thought Archie would have been asked to put it on here. As Glen Cameron said on another thread it is all down to interpretation. In my opinion 15 fanciers travelling half a mile to put trainers on a truck for a 50 mile toss is less risk than 15 fanciers travelling 20 miles in their cars for a toss. The government minister who is responsible for our situation happens to be my MSP. I have emailed her twice in the last 4 days. Still waiting for a reply. Has anyone else contacted their MSP?

That will be another email I,ve not received then,despite being assured that this would be addressed

Bang on Davie . I asked our fed secretary if we were breaking law I was told I should read the phase 1 thingy , then was told it’s all on me as club president if my members train Birds as I should be advising them . Although the fed put out a text saying fed training was on on these dates ??? So now I have advised all our members that , I have told them they may be breaking law . So I’m now clear of any future blame .

I am a member of your club and haven't heard a thing Stuart??

guys there are now hundreds of fanciers training in Scotland and no one is being stopped the government and police are not out looking for pigeon men training or racing pigeons being careful and using their common sense to stay safe its the idiots going to parks and beeches to drink and mess about they are after if we just go about our business and be seen to be careful with masks and distancing i dont think anyone will bother us but as usual pigeon men cant agree on the colour of s t

Message sent at 09-25 to secretary but it hasn’t been read yet , he works shifts so might be asleep or at work .

Did no one from Clydebank send training yesterday then Stuart? When do you think you will start? I'm just doing my own thing for now.

guys there are now hundreds of fanciers training in Scotland and no one is being stopped the government and police are not out looking for pigeon men training or racing pigeons being careful and using their common sense to stay safe its the idiots going to parks and beeches to drink and mess about they are after if we just go about our business and be seen to be careful with masks and distancing i dont think anyone will bother us but as usual pigeon men cant agree on the colour of s t

This incorrect One of my clumates got warned today more for being out of his area (he was 15 miles from home) than releasing his birds