Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

Yep, typical "real doo men" statements there, *expletive removed* everyone as longs we get what we want cos we're the most important people in the world. Stay safe guys, the world will be a lonely place without you's ;)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, typical "real doo men" statements there, *expletive removed* everyone as longs we get what we want cos we're the most important people in the world. Stay safe guys, the world will be a lonely place without you's ;)

you know what we da way whelks fae dundee

rpra statement also states that all basketing should be done outside,

do pigeon men expect goverments to mention pigeon racing personally before they let it in there is people still dying and in the 2000 shu members about 1700 of them will prob be in the vaunrable status

one big mess and everybody thinking there right , if i dont like, will do it my way, stuff everybody else, start up my own make my rules what do we excpect pigeon men couldnt agree on shi--.

will never change and we wonder why it is on decline

what we should remember is mr evans is on a big wage to work for rpra

mr turnbull is an ordinary pigeon man like all of us doing a job for his love of pigeons and as i dont know him he could be 20yrs old or 99 years old in the vaunrable status

stay save and hopfully we will get racing

no shu rpra or other fed or british goverments put us in this covid situation but be positive we will get out of it

lighten up on each other lads

The UK has recorded more deaths in one day than the EU combined, I think this is reason enough to continue with stringent measures in the UK.

I think you are correct. Sad as that is, the root cause of that problem lies with the Government. They were not ready. They had not prepared for an eventuality like this. Did they mis-manage the whole situation? Are they still mis-managing the situation?

When a Government issues guidelines that are so "wooly", there are bound to be cases of people taking everything that they are able to so long as they remain within the guidelines.

Leadership is about issuing clear instructions, not instructions that can be mis-interpreted and I am talking about Government when I state that.

I think you are correct. Sad as that is, the root cause of that problem lies with the Government. They were not ready. They had not prepared for an eventuality like this. Did they mis-manage the whole situation? Are they still mis-managing the situation?

When a Government issues guidelines that are so "wooly", there are bound to be cases of people taking everything that they are able to so long as they remain within the guidelines.

Leadership is about issuing clear instructions, not instructions that can be mis-interpreted and I am talking about Government when I state that.

You guys could be ordered to do something but would still take it upon yourselves to do something else to get your own way. Think you're being clever? Just hope you's are all okay at the end of it and it disnae come back tae bite us all on the bum. Stay safe out there and look after any of the vulnerable guys that you're encouraging to get involved. :animatedpigeons:

Quite right Andy, Big mistakes by the UK government from the start, without being too political on this, Boris went down with the virus early on but the rest of spokespeople were extremely wooly on their advice, luckily I live in Wales and you Scotland, Our governments were much better informed and definitive in their guidelines, Nearly 40,000 lives lost now, I'd happily defer racing for the return of one of them.

Quite right Andy, Big mistakes by the UK government from the start, without being too political on this, Boris went down with the virus early on but the rest of spokespeople were extremely wooly on their advice, luckily I live in Wales and you Scotland, Our governments were much better informed and definitive in their guidelines, Nearly 40,000 lives lost now, I'd happily defer racing for the return of one of them.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bet you read the Sun

Racehorse owners and trainers are travelling large distances to compete in horse racing right now. Golfers are travelling large distances to their local Club right now.

Why are they able so to do? Why are they able to follow bio-security measures but pigeon fanciers can not so do? I just don't understand why someone would interpret the Scottish Government guidelines in the manner that the SHU has so done.

Pigeon racing is an outdoor leisure pursuit. The Scottish Government relaxed its lockdown to allow outdoor leisure pursuits because they were very aware that the lockdown was having an adverse effect on some people's mental well-being. They suggested that these leisure pursuits be within a 5 mile radius. They suggested this because they were aware that travel to your nearest croquet club could be a lot further than 5 miles. Yes, croquet was mentioned as an outdoor leisure pursuit. The Government issued guidelines to stop the spread of Covid.

The RPRA recognise that pigeon racing is an outdoor leisure pursuit and issued guidelines so it could be carried out safely. My Federation looked at these guidelines and decided that they could meet them so they provided the facility to their member Clubs. The Member Clubs looked at the guidelines and decided that they could meet them so they provided the facility to their Members. The Members should look at the guidelines and decide if they can meet them.

It is really quite simple. Where is your viewpoint? Is it to allow individuals to make an informed decision or is it to prevent them from receiving the opportunity?

Covid is a horrible virus. One with which this country has been ill equipped to cope. The political reasons behind this are not for this forum. Racing pigeon Unions are, or should be, in the business of promoting their objects which are racing and showing pigeons. The RPRA are doing this. The SHU are not. This is my opinion.

If there are factual reasons why this should be, as a councillor of the SHU, I am entitled to have the facts presented to me. I am not interested in someone else's opinion on the matter unless that person is able to express their opinion in a manner that clearly explains to me where I have gone wrong in my logic. This should be done at a council meeting by video conference, not by phone calls to individuals by individuals.

I am not racing, but I will be training, but that is my personal decision. I have no problem in training my pigeons to the coast if the facility is there for me to so do.

Racehorse owners and trainers are travelling large distances to compete in horse racing right now. Golfers are travelling large distances to their local Club right now.

Why are they able so to do? Why are they able to follow bio-security measures but pigeon fanciers can not so do? I just don't understand why someone would interpret the Scottish Government guidelines in the manner that the SHU has so done.

Pigeon racing is an outdoor leisure pursuit. The Scottish Government relaxed its lockdown to allow outdoor leisure pursuits because they were very aware that the lockdown was having an adverse effect on some people's mental well-being. They suggested that these leisure pursuits be within a 5 mile radius. They suggested this because they were aware that travel to your nearest croquet club could be a lot further than 5 miles. Yes, croquet was mentioned as an outdoor leisure pursuit. The Government issued guidelines to stop the spread of Covid.

The RPRA recognise that pigeon racing is an outdoor leisure pursuit and issued guidelines so it could be carried out safely. My Federation looked at these guidelines and decided that they could meet them so they provided the facility to their member Clubs. The Member Clubs looked at the guidelines and decided that they could meet them so they provided the facility to their Members. The Members should look at the guidelines and decide if they can meet them.

It is really quite simple. Where is your viewpoint? Is it to allow individuals to make an informed decision or is it to prevent them from receiving the opportunity?

Once again you have twisted things that are happening to try and justify what you are doing is okay!!

Horse racing trainers and jockeys are travelling as they need to kickstart the economy by starting betting/gambling again. Like it or not it's big business and it's one of the things they chose to get going again.

Your statement about golfers is so laughable that it disnae even make sense. If golfers are travelling LARGE distances then it cannae be their local club!!

Pigeon racing does nothing for the economy in this country as it's a minority activity and is obviously not a priority (except for you guys of course) and will be put back in place I would imagine when the government have got the more important stuff sorted out.😉

Once again you have twisted things that are happening to try and justify what you are doing is okay!!

Horse racing trainers and jockeys are travelling as they need to kickstart the economy by starting betting/gambling again. Like it or not it's big business and it's one of the things they chose to get going again.

Your statement about golfers is so laughable that it disnae even make sense. If golfers are travelling LARGE distances then it cannae be their local club!!

Pigeon racing does nothing for the economy in this country as it's a minority activity and is obviously not a priority (except for you guys of course) and will be put back in place I would imagine when the government have got the more important stuff sorted out.😉

Once again you have no logical, factual comment to make. Just a puppet repeating what you have heard.

Does the economy generated by pigeons count for nothing? Betting and gambling are not going to be kickstarting the economy of this country. People have to be able to work to earn a living before they are able to fritter their money on gambling.

You will have to put some serious bait on your line to catch any fish. Keep trying tiddler. :D

Once again you have no logical, factual comment to make. Just a puppet repeating what you have heard.

Does the economy generated by pigeons count for nothing? Betting and gambling are not going to be kickstarting the economy of this country. People have to be able to work to earn a living before they are able to fritter their money on gambling.

You will have to put some serious bait on your line to catch any fish. Keep trying tiddler. :D

😂😂😂😂

AGAIN you have just shown what you are all about. The majority of people that cannot work due to the virus are being "furloughed" and I think I would take the horse racing trainer from Kinross that trained a national winner's word over your opinion about whether gambling is big business or not!

You also keep quoting that pigeon racing will benefit peples mental health (which I don't disagree with) but what about football? I don't even mean senior football which hasn't even started yet, I mean grass roots football which would enable sports/leisure centres to re-open which IS big business and would help even more people's mental health, unless of course you think pigeon racing will do more for the economy.

I will agree with you one one point though, it would have been nice to have heard that the decisions that have been taken that affect pigeon racing could have been done through an online conference call involving more people but I suppose the MSP's are a bit busy at the moment doing unimportant stuff like trying to save lives, feeding vulnerable kids with hot meals and trying to keep the country going😉

To the "LOGICAL" man from the tiddler puppet😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂

AGAIN you have just shown what you are all about. The majority of people that cannot work due to the virus are being "furloughed" and I think I would take the horse racing trainer from Kinross that trained a national winner's word over your opinion about whether gambling is big business or not!

You also keep quoting that pigeon racing will benefit peples mental health (which I don't disagree with) but what about football? I don't even mean senior football which hasn't even started yet, I mean grass roots football which would enable sports/leisure centres to re-open which IS big business and would help even more people's mental health, unless of course you think pigeon racing will do more for the economy.

I will agree with you one one point though, it would have been nice to have heard that the decisions that have been taken that affect pigeon racing could have been done through an online conference call involving more people but I suppose the MSP's are a bit busy at the moment doing unimportant stuff like trying to save lives, feeding vulnerable kids with hot meals and trying to keep the country going😉

I don’t even know why people answer your p*** . I don’t even read half the crap you print . A waste energy you are

I don’t even know why people answer your p*** . I don’t even read half the crap you print . A waste energy you are

😂😂😂😂

YOU dinnae even read half the crap I write, I on the other hand dinnae even care who you are!!😉

😂😂😂😂

Thank you for your comments.

Let me ask you, since you would happily take an experienced horse trainers word over my opinion, which is devoid of any knowledge regarding horse racing, why would you rather take the opinion of a MSP who is devoid of any knowledge of racing pigeons, over that of experienced racing pigeon fanciers who feel that they are able to keep within the Scottish Government's guidelines?

From the logical man to the tiddler puppet. :D

Thank you for your comments.

Let me ask you, since you would happily take an experienced horse trainers word over my opinion, which is devoid of any knowledge regarding horse racing, why would you rather take the opinion of a MSP who is devoid of any knowledge of racing pigeons, over that of experienced racing pigeon fanciers who feel that they are able to keep within the Scottish Government's guidelines?

From the logical man to the tiddler puppet. :D

Disnae matter if they're devoid of any knowledge of pigeon racing or if they're Scottish National Winners, the MSP's job is to make the rules, our job is to listen to them whether you like it or not!!

Disnae matter if they're devoid of any knowledge of pigeon racing or if they're Scottish National Winners, the MSP's job is to make the rules, our job is to listen to them whether you like it or not!!

Thank you for conceding that point. That is exactly what I am doing. The Scottish Government have given their guidelines for stage 1, I have read them, and I am agreeing with the RPRA that the RPRA interpretation of them is correct. I disagree with the SHU interpretation of them.

As a reasonable person, I am entitled to use my common sense and interpret the guidelines in a manner in which I think they will allow fanciers to race their pigeons without risking spreading Covid and giving them some opportunity to improve their mental well-being.

I do not have to agree with the opinion or interpretation of between one and three members of the SHU Council. I do not have to agree that the emails sent out by the President which are containing inaccuracies if not untruths.

the report button has been going for this thread , i must apologise as not been on as been busy today please try and keep threads on topic, I will lock this one but anymore threads that have to be reported and all notices re Feds SHU giving info will not be accepted,