Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GROUP TRAINING OF RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

• During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

• Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

• The same two people must not be used to load the transporter

• A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

• Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

• The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

The Scottish Homing Union Online

Please do not reply to emails addressed to 'noreply@shuonline.co.uk' as these are not monitored and the SHU will be unable to respond.

If you have a general enquiry please email the SHU at 'shuenquiries@shuonline.co.uk'.

If you wish to report a stray pigeon you can do so online at 'www.shuonline.co.uk/strays/strays.htm'.

You may also find the information you are look for on the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk'.

Check out the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk' for news, reporting strays, SHU documents and mor

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

• During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

• Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

• A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

• Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

• The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Please do not reply to emails addressed to 'noreply@shuonline.co.uk' as these are not monitored and the SHU will be unable to respond.

If you have a general enquiry please email the SHU at 'shuenquiries@shuonline.co.uk'.

If you wish to report a stray pigeon you can do so online at 'www.shuonline.co.uk/strays/strays.htm'.

You may also find the information you are look for on the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk'.

Check out the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk' for news, reporting strays, SHU documents and mor

Am I stupid looking for the latest updates/news in the news section? Last updated 2015?

post-32857-15907781509559_thumb.jpg

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

The SHU website has not been kept up to date for some time now. It seems it is used only for the Annual Balance Sheet. I have brought this up before and will do again. The computer system has had a complete redesign to allow it to be more interactive and it was due to be trialled this year, but obviously that has also been curtailed. I shall enquire if the website was part of this redevelopment as that could be a partial reason. :)

I got the email this afternoon but your right it's been scarce. Correct me if I am wrong but going by the email( that's posted on here) is it giving us the all clear to start training with your feds transporter.

Correct. :)

The SHU website has not been kept up to date for some time now. It seems it is used only for the Annual Balance Sheet. I have brought this up before and will do again. The computer system has had a complete redesign to allow it to be more interactive and it was due to be trialled this year, but obviously that has also been curtailed. I shall enquire if the website was part of this redevelopment as that could be a partial reason. :)

Correct. :)

well robbie it tells me tae get trainin end of, bluddy joke imo.

Although we are an RPRA fed We still have to abide by laws of Scotland don’t see where anything said by mrs sturgeon says racing is allowed !!! Up to 8 folk can get together as long as it’s from no more than two households and stay 2m apart . Unless I’m missing something .

Why you keep looking for problems if you don’t want to race then don’t stop trying to spoil racing for others

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Andy theyres another letter out today

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Why you keep looking for problems if you don’t want to race then don’t stop trying to spoil racing for others

Eh ? Just stating what was said was the law of land at that time . This is called a forum where folk can say there opinions . I’m all for racing when it’s safe to do so I’m thinking more for the majority of fanciers that are in the bracket of elderly and AT RISK . .

Don't know, it might just be standard letterhead. :)

as far as I know letter was ink signed ? and transfers need done before anyone can fly or train pigeons not transferred to them I think ? iam sure someone will correct me if iam wrong

Eh ? Just stating what was said was the law of land at that time . This is called a forum where folk can say there opinions . I’m all for racing when it’s safe to do so I’m thinking more for the majority of fanciers that are in the bracket of elderly and AT RISK . .

Yes a forum that is watched by very many, of many different reasons.

the forum, has to be careful what is put up. Archie does a very good, if oft thankless job.

We must take on board the 'Greater Good' shown and not to leave the fancy, as a whole, be cried down due to a few, thoughtless and selfish desires.

Yes! the 'Good' of the sport should over ride any personal desires … which may cause an offence, or giving our sport, an uncalled for 'Bad name'! J.M..

It’s a situation the pigeon fancy in Scotland should not be in.

At this stage the word “Interpretation†should not be used or require to be applied. It should be a given fact if we can or can’t race at the present time (or when). This should not come from the unions "Interpretation" but from the Scottish Executive as a direct verdict if racing is allowed after conversations with the union. We are a minority past time so we cannot expect to have been mentioned explicitly in last Thursday’s easing of lockdown and phase 1 but the representative unions should have been in negotiation post Thursday (and throughout) with somebody from the executive who would have the capacity to decide if we can or cannot race (what we can or can’t do)

It is very possible to interpret what is being said either way and all sides should be respected.

Sundays announcement from the SHU used interpretation and at this stage it should say either way as a direct result from speaking to X. It was expressly disappointing that interpretation was involved.

Initially I heard the RPRA (and that may be wrong) would negotiate on behalf of all unions so perhaps this has been done to which case all unions should be singing from the same hymn sheet. Again though not interpretation but a direct verdict should be available.

The coverage on tv and in the press from England today should assist. Undoubtedly even once racing starts unfortunately some fanciers in at risk groups will not be able to participate and we gave to be mindful and fully respectful of that.