Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHU members are to adhere to Gordons statement. It is the SHU that is working with the Scottish Government and it is them who will inform its SHU members with any future developments.Gordon is working very hard on the SHU members behave every day so please wait till he issues further statements.

Can you ask Gordon to update the SHU website then as you seem to be in contact with him.

ive just had a look at the website.the last news item I can see is from 2015,am I on the right site greig

Sounds right , all I could see also . What’s the point in having a website ?

Extract for the Snfc dated 25th May the contents of which is self explanatory

Race Programme

Following discussions between President & Vice-Presidents we have concluded that until SHU give a clear indication that we can race pigeons there is no point advertising dates for racing that we cannot guarantee will take place. There are a lot of challenges to overcome at marking etc and the safety of our members is the priority of the SNFC - we believe it will be at least three weeks before we can make a final decision on racing.

Read more

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

still think the two scottish feds under rpra will still have to adhere to the law in scotland if there is no training of pigeons in scotland they will have to abide to this

Why wouldn’t there be training in Scotland??

still think the two scottish feds under rpra will still have to adhere to the law in scotland if there is no training of pigeons in scotland they will have to abide to this

Although we are an RPRA fed We still have to abide by laws of Scotland don’t see where anything said by mrs sturgeon says racing is allowed !!! Up to 8 folk can get together as long as it’s from no more than two households and stay 2m apart . Unless I’m missing something .

Although we are an RPRA fed We still have to abide by laws of Scotland don’t see where anything said by mrs sturgeon says racing is allowed !!! Up to 8 folk can get together as long as it’s from no more than two households and stay 2m apart . Unless I’m missing something .

You dont have to get together to put the birds through Stuart

The ADVICE north of the border is to avoid travel distances of more than 5 miles. Really we still require clarification from the SHU because even routine training involves travel outside the 5 mile limit advised. Really our season now depends on how the governing body interprets this advice.

GROUP TRAINING OF RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

The same two people must not be used to load the transporter

A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

Group training of racing pigeons in Scotland can be carried out by members of the Scottish Homing Union provided the following minimum precautions are taken.

During the loading of the transporter the driver must remain in the cab of the vehicle and have no contact with those loading the transporter

Only two people at a time can be present to load the transporter. This can be achieved by allocating times to members thereby reducing the size of gatherings

A camping type mobile toilet must be provided for the driver as there are possibly no public toilet facilities available en route

Clubs and Federations must ensure that any location that they may use as a liberation site are currently open to the public or the neccessary permission has been granted from the owner of the site

The minimum distancing and hygene steps must be taken at all times to ensure the safety of members and the public alike

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

[/quote

That is an old guide and doesn’t take into account the maximum distance advice given yesterday 28th May. Yes I’m making preparations to train over the weekend and I am doing so knowing that I will be exceeding the advice of the Scottish Administration.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

So what date are we allowed to race from?

So what date are we allowed to race from?

That’s email received today (29/5/20)

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

[/quote

That is an old guide and doesn’t take into account the maximum distance advice given yesterday 28th May. Yes I’m making preparations to train over the weekend and I am doing so knowing that I will be exceeding the advice of the Scottish Administration.

That’s official email received today (29/5/20)

You’ll find no law that has said 5 mile

Was a recommendation

No law on distance allowed to travel

Local outdoor activities are allowed. The First Minister has advised a distance of 5 miles is considered local.

Yeah and that’s why SHU have now made a statement to say to allow training

As no law was made on any travel distance

Yeah and that’s why SHU have now made a statement to say to allow training

As no law was made on any travel distance

Well I,m the Fed Secretary and I,ve received no emails today or any other day throughout this Lockdown

Well I,m the Fed Secretary and I,ve received no emails today or any other day throughout this Lockdown

I got the email this afternoon but your right it's been scarce. Correct me if I am wrong but going by the email( that's posted on here) is it giving us the all clear to start training with your feds transporter.