Rpra Update For Su Members.

greenlands

Thats three more emails than I,ve had, they can manage to send me bills tho. pissed off doesnt even start to cover how I feel about the SHU at this moment in time

Unreal

But when it’s 3 different statements on what’s happening then I wish I never received

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John, hope you are well, I was assured last week that the issue with me and others not receiving emails would be addressed,obviously hasnt been, gonna get some Horsemen off Andy I think.

I might be doing the same and seeing Andy, never had he horseman or any of these fancy pigeons. Problem is if I get rid off the racers and get some fancy birds, still a tie when I go on holiday, if we ever get back on holiday. Take care John b

No interpretations needed!!, It was a "Statement" from the MSP

I have a statement from my MSP which states sounds good, all the best. Stay safe. This after I informed him we had been given the go ahead to train.

If this is not an interpretation, why are there so many differing views and opinions?

There have been statements issued by the SHU. There have been statements issued by the RPRA. There have been statements issued by the Nicola Sturgeon. There have been statements issued by the Boris Johnstone. There have been statements issued by almost everyone.

That is what they are. Statements.

It appears to me that if the bio-security measures are observed, then the Scottish Government's guidance is being followed and fanciers will be, at the very least, training their pigeons down the road. This is good for the fanciers and their mental well-being and given the latest statements by some fanciers, good for their pigeons which will not end up in black bags.

Are the SHU and the Scottish Government issuing statements that we should all perform a cull within our lofts? I don't think so. Why are these fanciers interpreting the issued statements in that manner?

Hi John, hope you are well, I was assured last week that the issue with me and others not receiving emails would be addressed,obviously hasnt been, gonna get some Horsemen off Andy I think.

Jimmy will give u some of his fancy ones. He’s no room for them as he’s 500 plus Doos there

Does the shu actually have a document addressed to them from the scottis h government outlining what we are allowed to do in phase one ? Or are we again working on interpretations.

Disappointing as the message might be,it would be a lot better than the shambles we have now

No document as far as I am aware. Just views and opinions.

A clear and concise direct instruction on headed paper would be the accepted way .

Correct!!

Ryan after the e-mail that came out today I very much doubt any one will be training /racing in Scotland hopefully this will be changed but as it stands the Scottish government says no further than 5 ml its just one big fk up

The way I see it we will be all clear to start racing on the 20th of this month but I have been wrong before. The I am looking at it is we are 3 weeks behind England so the 20th it is for me

I have a statement from my MSP which states sounds good, all the best. Stay safe. This after I informed him we had been given the go ahead to train.

If this is not an interpretation, why are there so many differing views and opinions?

There have been statements issued by the SHU. There have been statements issued by the RPRA. There have been statements issued by the Nicola Sturgeon. There have been statements issued by the Boris Johnstone. There have been statements issued by almost everyone.

That is what they are. Statements.

It appears to me that if the bio-security measures are observed, then the Scottish Government's guidance is being followed and fanciers will be, at the very least, training their pigeons down the road. This is good for the fanciers and their mental well-being and given the latest statements by some fanciers, good for their pigeons which will not end up in black bags.

Are the SHU and the Scottish Government issuing statements that we should all perform a cull within our lofts? I don't think so. Why are these fanciers interpreting the issued statements in that manner?

You would have to be blind, stupid & selfish to ignore the latest one!! You guys just continue to see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear for your own benefit and totally disregard the damage that you will do if you don't comply with the latest instruction from the SHU. We all want the racing/training to start as soon as possible but I think the medical experts will have more idea on vulnerable people's mental health etc than a pigeon fancier that thinks if bio-security measures are observed then everything will be okay ;)

Robbie , been asking this question for a week now, get a definite answer as to racing after the 20th ,but after the email today we'll be lucky to get training more than 5 miles in phase 2 so will likely be phase 3 before racing

Until today i had never heard of her,and given the swaythe of statements in the past few days it would be good to have the definitive one in writing from a government official.

Google her name n gie her a call?

The government minister will be interpreting the guidance issued by her masters as she sees it. The SHU can only pass on what she tells them. If members choose to interpret the advice in a different way that is their choice. I can travel half a mile to put my pigeons in a training vehicle. Others can do the same quite easily while complying with the social distance and hygiene advice. The training vehicle which has been hired can then travel anywhere (Nicola said 5 miles is only advice) to release the pigeons. Nicola also said she would treat us as grown ups and that we would have to use our own judgement during the easing of the lockdown.

I could give various examples of golfers, anglers and members of the public travelling far in excess of 5 miles over the past week as well as hundreds on beaches etc. There is far too much negativity and nit picking on this site.

The government minister will be interpreting the guidance issued by her masters as she sees it. The SHU can only pass on what she tells them. If members choose to interpret the advice in a different way that is their choice. I can travel half a mile to put my pigeons in a training vehicle. Others can do the same quite easily while complying with the social distance and hygiene advice. The training vehicle which has been hired can then travel anywhere (Nicola said 5 miles is only advice) to release the pigeons. Nicola also said she would treat us as grown ups and that we would have to use our own judgement during the easing of the lockdown.

I could give various examples of golfers, anglers and members of the public travelling far in excess of 5 miles over the past week as well as hundreds on beaches etc. There is far too much negativity and nit picking on this site.

Got to disagree with you there Dave, the statement quotes the birds can be transported in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 milesand released.

The SHU president also quotes, that the statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year!

The way I see it we will be all clear to start racing on the 20th of this month but I have been wrong before. The I am looking at it is we are 3 weeks behind England so the 20th it is for me

I hope your right but cant see it after this latest e-mail its just one big fk up

I hope your right but cant see it after this latest e-mail its just one big fk up

F

That was always my thoughts too robbie but if we don't have clear instructions prior to the review on the 18th we will be too late

Got to disagree with you there Dave, the statement quotes the birds can be transported in disinfected crates, to a distance of less than 5 milesand released.

The SHU president also quotes, that the statement should be adhered to as failure to comply with it could result in there being no racing at all this year!

ITS 5 MILES FOR THE FANCIER TO TRAVEL TO THE GROUP TRAINING TRANSPORTER AND THEN FURTHER WITH THE TRANSPORTER. THATS WHAT THE 5 MILES MEAN.

ITS 5 MILES FOR THE FANCIER TO TRAVEL TO THE GROUP TRAINING TRANSPORTER AND THEN FURTHER WITH THE TRANSPORTER. THATS WHAT THE 5 MILES MEAN.

taken to a distance of under 5 miles "and released"!!

Unfortunately nobody has got the answer 🤔🤔

You have to ask yourself WOULD THE R&A attempt to stop Golf? WOULD THE BRITISH HORSE RACING AUTHORITY stop racing? I think not.

What a shambles the SHU should be putting our case forward explaining that all bio security measures will be in place.All social distancing will be adhered too. The RPRA have done more to get things moving for us than the SHU whot are we paying our fee for? 😬

You have to ask yourself WOULD THE R&A attempt to stop Golf? WOULD THE BRITISH HORSE RACING AUTHORITY stop racing? I think not.

It's not the SHU that's stopping the racing it's the Scottish Government so your point is???

Why are RPRA feds training in Scotland? Did the RPRA say they had asked and received clearance?

These guys are disobeying the RPRA guidance and are a law unto themselves, check post 93, this was copied from RPRA's website