greenlands

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More or less contradicts the SHU's statement on group training

COVID - 19: Training: UPDATED 22 May 2020

TRAINING AND RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

This statement is based on the principles set our by the First Minister's announcement on Thursday 21 May 2020 and Friday 22 May 2020 outlining a policy for implementing Phase 1 of the easing of the lockdown policy by the Scottish Government

Individual loft training

Individual loft training will be permitted from 28 May 2020. This is based on the advice from the Scottish Government

Group Training

In Phase 1 of the Government strategy, this allows individuals to meet up with one member from a different household, while adhering to the social distancing requirements of 2 meters. Therefore group training of 2 lofts is permitted. However training in larger groups (more than two) is NOT permitted.

Addidtional Information

In no circumstances should fanciers from different lofts travel in the same vehicle.

You should also be aware that NO RACING is allowed in Phase 1 relaxing of the lockdown and I do not expect any notification to be received before the next stage of easing of restrictions takes place.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

So do we go with the SHU and can train as of tomorrow 28th or RPRA and can train from Friday 29th ? Or we can just run to Barnard Castle and train them there and see if our eye sight is ok 🤬🤬

So do we go with the SHU and can train as of tomorrow 28th or RPRA and can train from Friday 29th ? Or we can just run to Barnard Castle and train them there and see if our eye sight is ok 🤬🤬

Was under impression it was always Friday?

More or less contradicts the SHU's statement on group training

COVID - 19: Training: UPDATED 22 May 2020

TRAINING AND RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

This statement is based on the principles set our by the First Minister's announcement on Thursday 21 May 2020 and Friday 22 May 2020 outlining a policy for implementing Phase 1 of the easing of the lockdown policy by the Scottish Government

Individual loft training

Individual loft training will be permitted from 28 May 2020. This is based on the advice from the Scottish Government

Group Training

In Phase 1 of the Government strategy, this allows individuals to meet up with one member from a different household, while adhering to the social distancing requirements of 2 meters. Therefore group training of 2 lofts is permitted. However training in larger groups (more than two) is NOT permitted.

Addidtional Information

In no circumstances should fanciers from different lofts travel in the same vehicle.

You should also be aware that NO RACING is allowed in Phase 1 relaxing of the lockdown and I do not expect any notification to be received before the next stage of easing of restrictions takes place.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

SHU members are to adhere to Gordons statement. It is the SHU that is working with the Scottish Government and it is them who will inform its SHU members with any future developments.Gordon is working very hard on the SHU members behave every day so please wait till he issues further statements.

SHU members are to adhere to Gordons statement. It is the SHU that is working with the Scottish Government and it is them who will inform its SHU members with any future developments.Gordon is working very hard on the SHU members behave every day so please wait till he issues further statements.

Your not implying the Scottish fancy that are RPRA members are to do different from SHU surely?

I was speaking with Ian Evans at 18.30 last night. He said then that the guidelines were a ,"bit blurry" my words. It appeared that training was only allowed to a distance of 5 miles. Further travel was for family purposes only.

I received a text from him this morning that after further talks with the Scottish Government and subject to tomorrow's announcement that training without distance restrictions would be announced. He has since issued his statement. His statement hinges fully on tomorrow's announcement.

If his statement is validated, then Scottish RPRA Members will be able to train at Federation level under very strict guidelines.

SHU Members will have to wait for a similar statement from the SHU, so yes, there will be a difference. :)

I was speaking with Ian Evans at 18.30 last night. He said then that the guidelines were a ,"bit blurry" my words. It appeared that training was only allowed to a distance of 5 miles. Further travel was for family purposes only.

I received a text from him this morning that after further talks with the Scottish Government and subject to tomorrow's announcement that training without distance restrictions would be announced. He has since issued his statement. His statement hinges fully on tomorrow's announcement.

If his statement is validated, then Scottish RPRA Members will be able to train at Federation level under very strict guidelines.

SHU Members will have to wait for a similar statement from the SHU, so yes, there will be a difference. :)

Nowhere in this mornings statement is there any reference to 5miles only .

1. Confirmation that outdoor recreation and sport is permitted.

2. Unrestricted travel is permited

You'll have to change your name to Dominic,lol

The restrictions to be lifted are being advised on Thursday and they come into effect on Friday from what I,ve seen and heard on the telly so it will be Friday before anyone can train

The restrictions to be lifted are being advised on Thursday and they come into effect on Friday from what I,ve seen and heard on the telly so it will be Friday before anyone can train

No it’s not if you go with shu statement train on 28th

No it’s not if you go with shu statement train on 28th

Download the document and read it or listen to the briefing on Thursdayif thats easier,listen to whats said and dont just hear what you want to hear

Everything hinges on tomorrow's announcement from the Scottish Government.

Particularly, reference to sport and recreation and reference to unlimited travel.

If our travel is restricted to 5 miles, then for me, training is of no use. Tomorrow should bring clarity.

I know that the three SHU Presidents have been in constant contact with each other discussing the matter and working out guidance for SHU Members. This guidance will be issued at the appropriate time. I know that the SHU President, Gordon Turnbull, has been in constant contact with the Scottish Government presenting our case.

Let us hope that tomorrow's announcement will be favourable. :)

Hope we can train legally from Friday instead of the twats that think they can bend the rules to suit them self’s and I’m not talking about mr Cummings here .

yes there have been people training they should be ashamed of themselves against the rules that were laid out you always get the idiots that think they can do what they like they should be named and shamed