Race Result

geordie1234

Hi guys

Looking to have your thoughts on the Lanarkshire Fed result layout

I've been thinking for a while that the current non open race format isn't a true race result

You could be 16th open 7000 pigeons but 16th section and never get on the result? Surely this disheartens members? Even 30th open 20th section against massive birdage is an achievement and maybe would help encourage more fanciers and help boost morale in the sport.

Now I am 100% not saying do away with the sections because I think the sections add value and competition

What I think could be fairer for all is say top 100 open but with the section embodied in the result just like an open result ie still 1st west sec 27th open etc we could even run it until atleast 15 section tickets were given as a minimum for instance one week 115th open 15th section if the race required it so no section was ever done out of fed tickets...

This is only a suggestion it is in no way discrediting any past result I just feel an alternative may be better for all parties and bring us in line with most if not all organisations within the sport

Some may say this is more work for our hard working sec Cammy but my understanding from previous conversations is that you just change the format on the results programme

What's your thoughts guys?

Edited by geordie1234

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Looking to have your thoughts on the Lanarkshire Fed result layout

I've been thinking for a while that the current non open race format isn't a true race result

You could be 16th open 7000 pigeons but 16th section and never get on the result? Surely this disheartens members? Even 30th open 20th section against massive birdage is an achievement and maybe would help encourage more fanciers and help boost morale in the sport.

Now I am 100% not saying do away with the sections because I think the sections add value and competition

What I think could be fairer for all is say top 100 open but with the section embodied in the result just like an open result ie still 1st west sec 27th open etc we could even run it until atleast 15 section tickets were given as a minimum for instance one week 115th open 15th section if the race required it so no section was ever done out of fed tickets...

This is only a suggestion it is in no way discrediting any past result I just feel an alternative may be better for all parties and bring us in line with most if not all organisations within the sport

Some may say this is more work for our hard working sec Cammy but my understanding from previous conversations is that you just change the format on the results programme

What's your thoughts guys?

personally this is only for feather merchants. sections try and gee every one a chance not just the guys that stay in the favourable position this would cause a split in fed

Guest mambo

personally this is only for feather merchants. sections try and gee every one a chance not just the guys that stay in the favourable position this would cause a split in fed

Yes four members on ets like the macs with out switching it off, would between them easily full the first 100 positions then what good would sections be in normal races that are about on this thread daft idea that.

This was brought up a couple of years ago on here and got the same doom and gloom from Tommy and others ,

I agree it should be 50 open positions but still give your first 15 in sect and show the true reflection of the race , every section gets its day best pigeons on the day make the result .

This was brought up a couple of years ago on here and got the same doom and gloom from Tommy and others ,

I agree it should be 50 open positions but still give your first 15 in sect and show the true reflection of the race , every section gets its day best pigeons on the day make the result .

you stick tae kidding yourself on way the nationals you dont even race in the fed

The only sport if you do well your fkn it up you'll get on better if your last every week is basically what we're trying to say here the guys that's doing well are ruining the game ?? It's a funny old game ,guys beat before they go ,must try harder is what I tell myself if I'm getting beat every week, hurry up and get racing when you give doo men time to think it's no good lol

Guest mambo

Can I ask anyone that has tested positive for the virus to go and lick mambos door handles and gees aw peace

You guys must be the thickest pigeon men if you can't work out your pigeon placing from your feds result as all feather merchants I have seen they can manage 150 th place even when 200 doos competing,

The only sport if you do well your fkn it up you'll get on better if your last every week is basically what we're trying to say here the guys that's doing well are ruining the game ?? It's a funny old game ,guys beat before they go ,must try harder is what I tell myself if I'm getting beat every week, hurry up and get racing when you give doo men time to think it's no good lol

if you want pigeon racing tae be enjoyable. lanarkshire fed is to big to be fare so we enjoy racing against people in our section and when the winds rite you get a turn in the fed if you think your the best we also have one loft races where you are found out. you will kill the sport if the guy thats last each week has no hope so you greedy cants fxk aff and take up golf