Lock Down

THE FIFER

Some kind of statement from the SHU wouldn't go a miss either. Some directive to clubs and members regarding how things might be when we do get back would be beneficial surely

Latest directive was the end of May, but that could change if the government advice changes. :)

Some kind of statement from the SHU wouldn't go a miss either. Some directive to clubs and members regarding how things might be when we do get back would be beneficial surely

Some info on their website would be good.smile.gif

I see the Dutch are talking about 1st september before there are any mass gatherings.

Don't think any pigeon club in the country could be classed as a mass gathering according to the WHO

How large does a meeting or event need to be in order to be a “mass gathering�

High profile international sporting events such as the Olympics or World Cups as well as international religious events such as the Hajj count as mass gatherings. However, lower profile conferences and events can also meet WHO’s definition of a mass gathering. An event counts as a “mass gatherings†if the number of people it brings together is so large that it has the potential to strain the planning and response resources of the health system in the community where it takes place. You need to consider the location and duration of the event as well as the number of participants. For example, if the event takes place over several days in a small island state where the capacity of the health system is quite limited then even an event with just a few thousand participants could place a big strain on the health system and then be considered a “mass gathering†event. Conversely, if the event is held in a big city in a country with a large, well-resourced health system and lasts just a few hours, the event may not constitute a “mass gathering†event.

Latest directive was the end of May, but that could change if the government advice changes. :)

I would have thought that a wee bit info..even if it was just to say they are still monitoring the situation..would have been welcomed. I am sure someone in the organisation has a plan of exit?

I would have thought that a wee bit info..even if it was just to say they are still monitoring the situation..would have been welcomed. I am sure someone in the organisation has a plan of exit?

If they have, I am not important enough to know because I have no further information. RPRA give out directives and are currently organising virtual races to test their results software in preparation. I know the BICC are in consultations with them regarding risk assessment.

I do not know what the SHU is doing currently. RPRA and SHU are home working. There may be consultations via the Confederation, there was for the last directive put out by the Unions. :)

If they have, I am not important enough to know because I have no further information. RPRA give out directives and are currently organising virtual races to test their results software in preparation. I know the BICC are in consultations with them regarding risk assessment.

I do not know what the SHU is doing currently. RPRA and SHU are home working. There may be consultations via the Confederation, there was for the last directive put out by the Unions. :)

They could have a virtual delegates meeting and once you have got it mastered you could do away with the travelling to meetings?? Every cloud and that

Guest mambo

They could have a virtual delegates meeting and once you have got it mastered you could do away with the travelling to meetings?? Every cloud and that

Just join Skype

Would it not be the case that the SHU will have to wait until they get guidance before they can issue guidlines to us?

I would think so. Either that or they may be required to seek further guidance, but given the last guidance issued, I wouldn't think they would be pushing that at the moment. :)

Would it not be the case that the SHU will have to wait until they get guidance before they can issue guidlines to us?

Guidance from who Bobby? I was putting them at the top of the knowledge tree. Knowledge that they will have to pass on to whatever authority that require reassurance that we the fancier can do our bit to stay safe. The local authorities/government will not be wondering what the pigeon men are doing...it will be up to the union to put our case forward

very poor show fanciers looking for ets rings and life rings. what was problem in posting these out as royal mail is still doing a good service in delivering the mail :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Wee pay our Shu fees surely at least they can deal wee sending rings etc even working at home it's not rocket science and don't see much updates if any from them maybay need change in some way but no doubt speaking out won't make friends lol