News Papers

Roland

Caught the good lady chucking out a couple of old news papers this morning.

I shook my head in disbelief at her.

'What! What' she asks. I think she knew though. Yet being the kind person I am, I explained, yet again You must save them! They could be very handy wiping things down, beside useful if no toilet roll are available'!

I know that the creases can certainly scratch the bum. But that only lasts for a few hours. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

I always would fold around the hand so no too creased though. Indeed you could cut them up into nice squares! Thoughtfully giving her something to do instead of idling time away.

Looks a bit chilly out but sunny ... might stay in today again and laze about. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Edited by Roland

Caught the good lady chucking out a couple of old news papers this morning.

I shook my head in disbelief at her.

'What! What' she asks. I think she knew though. Yet being the kind person I am, I explained, yet again You must save them! They could be very handy wiping things down, beside useful if no toilet roll are available'!

I know that the creases can certainly scratch the bum. But that only lasts for a few hours. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

I always would fold around the hand so no too creased though. Indeed you could cut them up into nice squares! Thoughtfully giving her something to do instead of idling time away.

Looks a bit chilly out but sunny ... might stay in today again and laze about. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Always thinking of others, good old Roland

Guest mambo

Why do you thinkGod put grass on the ground and leaves on the trees

A big docking leave, was always handy at the fishing if you were caught short

A big docking leave, was always handy at the fishing if you were caught short

Yes, especially is sat on a unseen stinging nettle lol.

I was starting think, in regards the good lady, going across the fields with a barrow... Maybe later - and have a little street corner as such selling 'Dock Leaves'. After the house work and other little chores were done. Must admit, I feel I am failing her in regards finding these and other, little chores to her to pass the time and help her not getting bored:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Edited by Roland

You know, shops being short supply for veg!

Across the fields, thistles are a boon. Every bit can be eaten to good effect - Even in pigeons water. (Mind I guess it's against the law for the Scots to eat this weed :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: LOL Stinging nettles are full of iron and much more. When cooked, the sting is no longer there. Etc. etc. as many other things. Sadly the coots, duck eggs etc. now being out of bounds. The Morehen's egg is with out doubt the best egg you can EVER eat .. can't to eat now. get. Have eaten when a lad any and every egg you care to mention. Etc. birds of preys of course.

Yet across the fields, all seasons there is bounty to be had. Autumn of course is the main bringer of bounty of course.

Think I will get Joyce to save up for some wellingtons and boots!

Guest mambo

remember they used to give nettles to the racing dogs

They still give then to the racing pigeons,boiled them up for about 10 minutes strained it, had a iron and iodine tonic type of tea, they also dried them out i think it was two soup spoonful of dried nettles in 3 pints of water strained most weeks

I think it was the new growth and the nettle tops they used flowery part