Bbc Scotland 10Pm

sapper756

Sadly pigeon racers will be cast in the same mould as these guys. They didn’t even have the common sense to speak without expletives on camera.

As far as the film production was concerned that was poor. Some background information and an explanation of what they were trying to achieve would have helped the public’s understanding.

Hi

Is this what we are paying a tv licence for

Cheers

Homer 49

Totally agree Alex,waste of an hour although I didn't watch it for long.Although I think I can sound quite broad at times,I had great difficulty making out the dialogue.Not doing anything to enhance our reputation.

Don't worry guys it was only shown in Scotland lol

I enjoyed it regardless of the expletives and the poor production....we are in lockdown and there was a wee doo programme on...cheer up man....

I do think they showed pouter men in a bad light with the conditions of the pigeons however I've seen many top pouter men birds in fantastic condition....jst like racing I suppose some huts ye widny take a sheite in

My mate who flys big doo,s pourers next to them say they are terrible fanciers doomen. They were going to do a follow up on it but pulled the plug . Agree with robert about the swearing on screen it was just vulgar .

This is the reply I got afterDear Mrs Lumsden

Thank you for getting in touch about the Dooman broadcast on 31 March 2020.

We are sorry you didn’t enjoy the programme and note that you didn’t like how pigeon fanciers were portrayed in it. It was a snapshot of life in one community and was never intended to be in any sense fully representative of the wider pigeon-flying community. The programme maker carefully considered which stories to explore and what footage to include.

Accordingly, our billing information accurately reflected the content:

“This is a funny and poignant observational documentary offering a glimpse into the commitment and rivalry of the cloak-and-dagger world of pigeon-flying across central Scotland. Following the trials and tribulations of the dooman and his biggest foe over the course of a season, this is a film about captures, losses and life.â€

As is normal with such content, and as required by the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines, the programme was scheduled at an appropriate time and our continuity announcer advised viewers that the programme contained very strong language.

That said, we realise you felt some of the language was offensive and have shared your feedback with the commissioning team. We’ve also included your comments in our overnight reports. They are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring that complaints are seen quickly by the right people.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).

I complained to the BBC about the Dooman.

Dear Mrs Lumsden

Thank you for getting in touch about the Dooman broadcast on 31 March 2020.

We are sorry you didn’t enjoy the programme and note that you didn’t like how pigeon fanciers were portrayed in it. It was a snapshot of life in one community and was never intended to be in any sense fully representative of the wider pigeon-flying community. The programme maker carefully considered which stories to explore and what footage to include.

Accordingly, our billing information accurately reflected the content:

“This is a funny and poignant observational documentary offering a glimpse into the commitment and rivalry of the cloak-and-dagger world of pigeon-flying across central Scotland. Following the trials and tribulations of the dooman and his biggest foe over the course of a season, this is a film about captures, losses and life.â€

As is normal with such content, and as required by the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines, the programme was scheduled at an appropriate time and our continuity announcer advised viewers that the programme contained very strong language.

That said, we realise you felt some of the language was offensive and have shared your feedback with the commissioning team. We’ve also included your comments in our overnight reports. They are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC, ensuring that complaints are seen quickly by the right people.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).