The Virus

billt

A decision needed here, In the last couple of years I have been diagnosed with bladder cancer and treated twice, it's likely a recurring cancer so regular checks needed, as cancer can spread I had a full body CT scan and all clear of cancer but some shadowing on the lungs, not cancer so after further tests it's down to IPF Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Now this one does kill you, young people hope for lung transplant but at 78 it's not going to happen for me, but saying that i'm not being treated for it yet as it doesn't seem to be affecting me yet. On Friday I had a 'phone call from the hospital asking me to come in on Tuesday for the bladder check so now I'm thinking which one to ignore, They both have the potential to kill you and now I have to make a decision, What's your thoughts lads and lasses?

Thanks, just been diagnose with Legions on the liver. They feel it isn't cancer. Was actually supposed to be in hospital today for M.R.I. AND MORE INVESTIGATIONS ETC.

I feel better already Billt lol :o True, but just joshing for it matters not whatever it is... it is/ will be whatever, so nowt to do, but accept and get on with life eh! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Thanks Andy, 'Phoned early this morning and was told they were meeting to decide if they need postpone these check ups so I said cancel mine and he seemed very pleased with this, around 1ish the 'phone rang and it was the hospital telling me the appointment has been cancelled so that worked out well.

I was wondering. You are immunity at risk because of your condition, so it would seem strange taking you into the thick of it. Keep safe just now. :)

Quite right Andy, Following the last procedure I had 6 weeks of liquid chemo inserted and left in for 1 hour, blimey that was powerful, skin peeling everywhere and was advised that it would destroy the immune system so not to have the flu jab etc. We live in hope

Yes, had all my appointments cancelled. Some by Phone, others by letters. Some by both. The only on still on is my Wufu (Rat Poison lol) tests... Moved to the Council offices next Monday.

Don't mind as there are 000's more important than me being taken to Hospital.

Will phone the Respiratory Consultant's secretary in regards will - after the reduction of the Steroid tablet course - be continued after I get down to one a day? Must say, at last, something has had a betterment effect.

Thanks Andy, 'Phoned early this morning and was told they were meeting to decide if they need postpone these check ups so I said cancel mine and he seemed very pleased with this, around 1ish the 'phone rang and it was the hospital telling me the appointment has been cancelled so that worked out well.

almost in the same boat Bill , I have blood tests in the morning at the Doctors . in the afternoon , back to the hospital , had an eye op on 24th Feb , they need to see if its healed correctly :emoticon-0126-nerd:

Nightmare Andy, Just the sort of areas you really don't want to be visiting at this time. Lets hope it's all over quicker than predicted and we can get back to some normality.

absolutely Bill , I must attend both , with all my conditions they need to know . I can see it lasting 6 months myself ?

Quite right Andy you've got to look after yourself and hopefully avoid any hot spots. I don't think there will be any pigeon racing this year and possibly seen the end to the footie for this season but as long as we're all still here is my wish.

Guest mambo

all went well , folks every where with masks on , first time out in the car for a few weeks . lots of police on the roads , and a good number of ambulances too .

Good news mate