Moaning

Roland

I'm not moaning, Gosh, may that never be the case. I am proud of that fact. As you will all realise now, I am nothing if not a peaceful and caring fellow. Only always too pleased to help. To put matters right in a loving, very patient,and a helpful way. However, sometimes, sad to say, I feel the response falls well short of respect. Unbelievable, to say the least.

Now, as I mentioned only a couple of days ago, how helpful I am in considerate ways—always trying to find the excellent lady things to do! Though I may say at times, I feel, Joyce doesn't appreciate it. No matter how nicely I put it to help her! To stop her from getting bored. We all well know the adage 'Idle hands' etc.

Well, yesterday I knew, just knew she was on a crusade. One, if not nipping in the bud, would be a 'Warcry. For something was on her mind. Something she wanted to mention, whatever that was. Firstly I heard the clanging and bumping about in the bedroom— the weight of her on the bed. Curtains being opened. I could have got mad then, because it was only 20 to eleven in the morning! But, lovingly I didn't. I just tried to roll over and get back to much-needed shut-eye!

Then, you won't believe this; she started hoovering the bedroom! True! I kid you not. Well, I asked her politely to turn the ***ING THING OFF! As any rational person would.

But I couldn't get back to sleep, so deciding to get up, asked her to pop down and make me breakfast and have a cuppa ready.

Well, I like peace and quiet, as most of us do when enjoying a full English breakfast and a pott of tea. Yet! I made a mistake. I knew it as soon as I said. 'Thanks'! For the flood gates nigh opened. Well, would have if I allowed it. Firstly having a go at me for moaning about her hoovering up, saying I often told her to do as such! – Which, I agree I do sometimes when she has nothing to do, say 'Go and do some hoovering'. It helps her pass the time of day. So the good lady was partially right. But, as I told her 'No flipping reason to turn it on in the morning in the bedroom when folks are trying to get a decent sleep.'.

Then the knees. Oh them knees she moaned. Moaned that they were so sore, so tender, even to the touch Especially between the knee joints, I said 'Well, What do you expect gallivanting around rooftops cleaning out weeds. On old planks at that! It's a wonder you didn't get splinters'. I further explained it was what most women got scrubbing doorsteps for 2/6 a time weekly—called 'House Maid knees'! Millions of women get it! That it would ease and get better.

'I've got splinters too' she moaned. As if it was a medal of honour!

'Well' said I 'Bread and milk is a simple solution to draw them out … Or better still, save money and dig them out with a needle'! You can see how helpful I am, besides being practical! I'm all heart!

Well, a bit of peace came, for I decided to do some cooking. I do enjoy that. The good lady was somewhere else, popping in to say, or ask something. I said 'Can't you see I am busy'! To give her, her due, she left me in peace for a while.

I baked a beautiful loaf of bread: a meat and potatoes pie with onions, with the odd dash of herbs etc. Then I made an apple and blackberry pie. You would think she'd happy with me doing things for her! Saving her time to do other things she liked—something or other she wanted to do eh! I had made a list in this regards, but somehow she failed to find it. Unbelievable, I know. So I put it on the arm of her favourite chair where she likes to sit - if having time. But, I often think 'Idle Hands etc. Feeling she may be thinking up things to moan about. Or to give me grief.

She picked on me stating 'I don't know why you have to make pies, nor so many at once?

I replied 'because I like them. I would have thought it was obvious'.

'Well I don't like pastry, as you well know, it upsets my stomach.'

'So? I like pastry'. I replied.

'They upset me, besides, you shouldn't be having pastry either as you well know'! She continued.

'Ah, but I can cut the pastry off yours for you can't I.'

'You still won't eat all the pastry even then will you. So Its goes to waste'.

'Well it wouldn't go to waste if you ate it, now would it'! I retaliated.

Thus expressing that it wasn't me wasting it, But her!

Because if she ate pastry, it wouldn't be wasted! Simple that, but it seems it always falls on deaf ears.

Edited by Roland

No Walter … 3RD! Between us, hate for her to know, as that could mean a 'Tugging at the Heart strings' which could lead to 'Emotional Black Mail' eh!

But she is a first class lady and the best thing that every happened to me. (Joking apart, that is very true).

For I love her dearly, as my post show. How I look after her and find little things to keep her happy eh"

Well, you offer a well-meaning hand. I decided to cook the excellent lady her dinner. Well actually substitute the Pastry etc. I even cut the Pastry off for her!

I, put a part of a Walnut cake. Even in pieces. Then poured the custard over it—all for her! Talk about biting the hand that feeds them, eh! Finished eating she moved away saying 'well you started so you can finish. I first off thought she was bragging in regards to hearing 'Master Mind' once and was showing off. But no! She expected me to do the washing up and drying off.

I told her point-blank not to exceed her station and to get on with it1 Some folks eh! Give an inch, and they demand a mile, eh!

Sometimes she amazes me with an answer. Like this morning, I came in the house after about half-hour. I'd been talking to a neighbour, putting him right band wise over a few things. I think he was impressed because he couldn't wait to go in and tell his son and family what I said.

Well, I took my cap off and sat in my favourite chair. Its where I always sort the horse out there. Well, the good lady asked if I'd like a cuppa of tea. I thought but didn't say that that was obvious and the norm. Instead, I replied 'That would be nice.'

Then the silly asking came 'Where o you want it'!

'In the cup, I said, 'I'd thought that that was obvious.

In all honesty, Joyce is a very, very good and excellent wife. I couldn't get better, and no need to try and wish in that regards - and my standards Are very high lol ;) - I couldn't write or sing her praises high enough. We have never ever been apart in over the 20 odd years we've been together.

We are still able to converse regularly. Always, but always have time to talk to converse.

Yes! She doesn't like religion etc. But hey, then there isn't very many that do in this day and age.

I find it easy to be flippant and take a rise. Indeed once I start it just dribbles on and on and on.

I would have to spend quite a lot of time trying, to tell the truth, and singing her virtues!

Honestly, Joyce is a great wife, wonderful mother and an incredible Gran!

Edited by Roland