Coranavirus

RyanDavidson

this is taken from another site this is only the start wont be long before rest of Europe follow No training or racing of pigeons in Belgium.I think this will now also be the case here in Ireland.I was hoping that this wouldn't happen as when you go down the road training your birds you are on your own so I cant see how this would be of any danger yourself or others.Sad dad times we are now living in.Stay safe everyone .

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mambo

For all the people who went to Cheltenham, and football matches, wish you all the best of luck,as we are 2week behind Italy and what ever they do we will follow suit. And they are part island and a. Warm country

Jesus.... If were relying on Nicola we really are f#£&d.

IMO we just get on with it, if feds cancel delay/racing. Then it's private trailer and small scale club racing for the guys who want it. Simple.

We were talking about that this morning at the club we will go on our own transporter

Guest mambo

We have had Foot and Mouth, Bird Flu, and still continued with restrictions common sense is important

That was a epidemic this is a pandemic this I can see people against people, they are all ready fighting over bog roll,and pity help any one that now takes 2. 16 weeks of this will be hard going

this is taken from another site this is only the start wont be long before rest of Europe follow No training or racing of pigeons in Belgium.I think this will now also be the case here in Ireland.I was hoping that this wouldn't happen as when you go down the road training your birds you are on your own so I cant see how this would be of any danger yourself or others.Sad dad times we are now living in.Stay safe everyone .

Alan, I think the Belgians have no training or racing only until 3rd April so blown out of proportion again imo.

Guest mambo

Everything u say is sh** why would anyone take note wit u say. Danny talk sh**

There Is three things I can't do. 1 is fly a plane, 2 run a marathon and as hard as i try number 3 fill a empty head

There Is three things I can't do. 1 is fly a plane, 2 run a marathon and as hard as i try number 3 fill a empty head

Everything is total sh** not 1 is ever right u stick to trying to get ur Doos to a race any race . And I would of put u down for 1 can’t fly a kite on a windy day Danny talk sh**

I don't see a problem racing. Most clubs can adapt to this crisis. This is just my idea of how I would run it but don't have a go as I am only trying to be positive about it. Please comment on how we can get through this. 1. Every member entering and leaving the club sanitizes his/her hands. All MUST also wear a mask . 2.Have the pigeons marked in slots of 5 members ie. if you have 20 members, mark the 5 oldest ones first, then half hour later, mark the next 5 oldest and eventually you are left with the youngest 5 to mark and load the transporter.( all members should stay at a safe distance from each other and as soon as pigeons are marked they should leave the premises)3. Handlers must all sanitize their hands after every basket of pigeons marked. 4. Common sense being applied and regular hand cleaning and it should be fine.5. Returning clocks could be left in the club hut without members hanging about. The clocks could be picked up the following week. Its about helping each other out and playing the game by sticking to the rules. Any other ideas?

Guest mambo

Coronavirus: British shopper mugged for his toilet roll amid stockpiling panic

Dinendra, 56, said he was left 'shaking' after someone came up behind him and snatched one of the loo rolls he had just purchased from Savers in North London

Comments

Shoppers panic-buying toilet rolls in Savers, north London (Image: Dinendra Haria/LNP)

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

A 56-year-old man was mugged for his loo roll - moments after he found two of the few remaining packs in a London shop.

The victim, Dinendra, was leaving discount store Savers when someone ran up behind him and snatched one of the rolls he was carrying.

Loo roll has been in high demand following panic buying across the country as people prepare for a country-wide lockdown over coronavirus.

The shaken shopper called the police after he was jumped outside Savers in Harringay, North London.

He said: “Its not the value of the toilet roll, its the principle.â€

Huge crowds formed at the Savers Dinendra was shopping at today, with some shoppers being snapped grabbing 18 loo rolls.

One shopper was pictured carrying 18 loo rolls (Image: Dinendra Haria/LNP)

Related Articles

Trapped couple with coronavirus symptoms 'furious no one is coming to test them'

Coronavirus: Dwayne Johnson halts Netflix production as he urges fans to stay safe

He told MailOnline : "I was shaken and shocked. Is that what we have come to? Its not the value of the toilet roll, its the principle

"I'm concerned about the vulnerable people, the elderly. In terms of their health and their emotions as well."

Metropolitan Police said the incident has not yet been reported.

Many supermarkets have put restrictions on essential items such as loo roll, hand wash, hand sanitiser and pasta following empty shelves across many of the country's stores.

Dinendar was mugged outside Savers in north London (Image: Dinendra Haria/LNP)

Budget supermarket Aldi said today customers would only be able to buy four items of the same product in its stores.

Tesco has imposed a limit on certain items including pasta, baked beans and UHT milk - which will all be limited to five per person.

Strict restrictions on when supermarkets can deliver to people's homes will also be scrapped to help retailers meet the increased demand.

Meanwhile British Retail Consortium members have sent a joint letter to consumers asking everyone to work together

Guest mambo

Everything is total sh** not 1 is ever right u stick to trying to get ur Doos to a race any race . And I would of put u down for 1 can’t fly a kite on a windy day Danny talk sh**

what part of people diying do you not get there will be no racing and will be in lockdown as of tommorow spain will be in curfew not to be able to walk there dogs

Interesting opinion no later than midday today Scotland’s chief medical officer states no need for isolation of elderly people while Hancock who is Johnson’s mouthpiece wants older people forcibly kept indoors for 4 months

indoors for 4 months and no TV licence mmmmm, just vas well HITLER didn' know about this and snow as they both bring this country to a standstill ,he wouldn't need bombs just a virus and snow balls emoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

what part of people diying do you not get there will be no racing and will be in lockdown as of tommorow spain will be in curfew not to be able to walk there dogs

Well ur wrong again Spain has been in lock down for nearly a day now and fingers crossed 🤞 u catch it u will give us all peace

Unless our situation worsens and a lock down situation is enforced i think we would be racing, but saying that france belguim spain possibly all go into lock down that would affect channel racing possibly depending on how long duration of lock down

Just wondered if perhaps plans to change race programes here ie shorten them, cancel ect if our status changes, also with over 70s quarintin/self isolation situation, the permutations could be endless

Just playing devils advocat

John