2020 Breeding, Progress ?

THE FIFER

I had 5 pairs from 12 lay before I went into hospital . its still the same now I am home . 2 pairs don't seem to have bonded at all . 1 crushed egg in 1 box .currently 3 " of snow . hoping more eggs will come in a few weeks when the cold weather improves . majority of my stock are old too 16 yrs the eldest with a few 11 , 9 years .

First round young birds are on the wing for about an hour and half at present - the second round are being sent to the one loft races and breeder/buyer.

have to say for the first time of breeding early, and very happy with progress.

No breeding from the race team this year - Stock will now be separated as the young are weaned off.

Twelve pair,of racers,had to dispose of a cock so lost their eggs,one pair slow laying so move a pair of eggs from stock which for some reason they wouldn't sit,one egg broke ,my fault all other eggs hatched and are looking well.Six yb's through off stock they are due to hatch again next week.Race team yb's all about this size at the mo.

post-3092-15831652404312_thumb.jpg

post-3092-15831652508331_thumb.jpg

Twelve pair,of racers,had to dispose of a cock so lost their eggs,one pair slow laying so move a pair of eggs from stock which for some reason they wouldn't sit,one egg broke ,my fault all other eggs hatched and are looking well.Six yb's through off stock they are due to hatch again next week.Race team yb's all about this size at the mo.

looks good

First round from 12 pairs of stock - more than six eggs smashed! One pair didn't lay (and still haven't - 10 year old hen, was hoping for a couple of youngsters) 13 youngsters rung and one pair in the race loft to ring ( another pair of youngsters were trampled) stock currently sitting 2nd round - they all laid between 20th & 22nd February (first round were floated to widowhood team) one pair of eggs were empty (though that pairs first round were full!) I've floated a pair of eggs under them. Out of the youngsters I have in the nest, I've got a big mealie pied cock, it's only about 14 days old and dwarfs it's nest mate, one full wing of white flights and every other flight white on the other wing - can't wait for it to be fully feathered!!