Boxing

cemetary

Have to say I didn't give Tyson the credit before... Mind will say that after the lay off, I feel, believe he has come back far, far better and with all guns firing. A return? Another £31 Million or more?

Willie Pep and Sandy Sadler scenario?

Any way well done Tyson, I take my hat off to you. When wrong, I say I'm wrong. Yep I was wrong lol, and pleased about it!

Edited by Roland

Have to say I didn't give Tyson the credit before... Mind will say that after the lay off, I feel, believe he has come back far, far better and with all guns firing. A return? Another £31 Million or more?

Willie Pep and Sandy Sadler scenario?

Any way well done Tyson, I take my hat off to you. When wrong, I say I'm wrong. Yep I was wrong lol, and pleased about it!

Same here Roland.

However, the immediate prospect of the fight with Joshua hinges on the fact Wilder has the option of a rematch with Fury and has 30 days to invoke a clause in his contract.

Yep this has been banned from happening time after time!

Sandy Sadler / Wille Pep again? - Sugar Ray Robinson etc.

Money talks...

Now if Wilder beat Tyson … and don't any say that that couldn't happen, then it would be one each and a draw... and a big clamber again for a decider.

By that time Joshua- with slick matching again has - been and not too clever will be ready to join in with another farce! That's Boxing eh!

You know, I have watched this fight again - 2-3 times. Where was Wilder! Lethargic and slow... only threw the odd hard right hander TOO miss. Left too stomach Lifted his legs forward as he jumped back and down.

Sorry lads I smell a rat.

Reminds me of when two journey men - Both lost far more fights than won, give a stirring blood and thunder fight, both going the distance … as Crowd pleasers and get great 'Nobbins' thrown into the ring... rematch clamoured for.

Already a rematch is being talked up up for Wilder and Tyson! Excuse being made and will more will abound no doubt!

Yes 'Money talks', and where there's money there are crooks and shady deals etc.

I'd wager at least one more match - Wilder will win! Yep Tyson to walk into a silly right hand that should never, have landed! etc,

One win each and a draw! Then maybe a 'Swan Song' for great money! But I think with £50 million pay off each next time they can both retire with great records and so-called honour.

Sorry folks. A sham and a farce. Back to the 40's & 50's.

Ok, many on here will disagree. Indeed many will want to disagree. Be that as it may, time will tale.

If one remembers, me saying after the Klitso fight I didn't believe it. said it was a money deal and fraud. Yes that I couldn't see Tyson going through with a return, which I thought was on the cards - it being a fix.

I was right regard no return.

Now I say there is going to be a return.

THE simple fact is/being that there are any well known 'Names' to draw a crowd. Tyson's last fights were a hard sale to say the least. Like wise Wilder and Joshua. they will have to do the rounds... and receive colossal earning against each other. Who can blame There simply isn't name worth mentioning, It is the fact. Days are gone of good and genuine fighters. They can earn a lot of bread in sports without injury!

Well my …******* Mind eh!

Have said before I thought his win against Klitso was contrived for a return … Tyson renegaded, I believe.

Now, as thought Wilder has initiated the return bout … But Will Tyson go through with it or renegade again?

Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren has raised the prospect of paying Deontay Wilder to step aside and enable a blockbuster heavyweight unification bout with Anthony Joshua this summer.

The American suffered a seventh-round stoppage against Fury to drop the WBC heavyweight last Sunday, but he has already signalled his intention to activate a rematch clause that would result in the pair facing off in a trilogy fight by the end of July.

Wilder is adamant he has what it takes to beat Fury, despite many believing that he should have lost the drawn first bout on top of Sunday’s rematch, but Warren believes a third encounter is not the right fight for Fury to prepare for next.

Money and … No names out their in today's boxing like once were. Hard to draw a crowd for some!!!

Went with a couple of my sons for a dinner … Youngest ones treat turn lol

Any way we got talking regards the Fight. Others joined in. Seems the strong consensus is that it was fix and put up job!

And I didn't need to say a word like.

Yip would agree with your statement

You know, as many who have been in the ring will verify and agree, one can hold the punches that look the part. Heavy and hurtful … but in fact are not a lot more than a tap to say the least.

Seen, and done some great exhibitions that looked, Blood Curling.'

I did - not recorded, three so-called fight with a heavyweight - when due to the weather or lousy matchmaking or such.

I fought - supposedly three hard rounds with a heavyweight - a good friend and a club mate. Well wore different colours and was introduces as from various clubs of course.

I looked a lot smaller, and a darn sight quicker lol.

Straight of the crowd was on my side, cheering me on. I threw some significant clusters that looked like they shook him up and hurt him. He'd trap me on the ropes, and it looked like he was belting seven daylights out of me. I even held the ropes when the referee broke us and moved him away. I'd huff and puff, and when the Ref asked if I wanted to carry on, I blew out and shook my head Yes. The crowd rose as one.

On one occasion I slid inside and hit a great combination he rock and as in a trance. I gently push, and he collapsed in a heap.

The crowd never stop congratulating me, and many told my mate he was a bully and got what he deserved even that he should be ashamed of himself. Yes, and a Bully lol.

You know, in all honesty, my six-year-old granddaughter hits harder lol.

As Terry Downes once famously stated regards Clay knocking out Listen in the first round 'WERE the punch would have knocked the dummy out of the babies mouth.

Who was cheated? No one, they all enjoyed a good old punch up with a some decent skill! One thing for certain, 'Our Fight' was the main talking point' and very often referred too at that.

Yes as many would verify, sometimes 'Exhibitions' fill a mediocre program.