Quandry ?

greenlands

I have some young birds in the stock loft ready to put in their own section,however I have three spare hens in that loft.

Will the young be OK with them or will the hens take a dislike to them ?

Should I move the hens into the race loft with the race birds,the racers have just hatched ?

In my own mind I would rather the hens went in to the race loft but don't want to upset the apple cart in there.

There's ample room in the race loft as it's basically in two sections with an adjoining door(Open while breeding,then closed for roundabout),nest boxes one side poles the other.

Answers apprecited .

I've similar problem but with 3 spare cocks.

a different "kettle of fish" . I had a spare yearling cock 1 season . too good for the dustbin . I kept him in a basket in another hut . exercised twice a day with the other cocks , trapped in to feed with them , placed back in the basket afterwards . didn't send him to first race , went to the 2nd , just homed ok . at 3rd race I had 1 cock not return , so placed him in that box . took him a few weeks to get used to the system , hen etc. took a 1st , 4th and 5th club that season . was a few years back .

Just as well you did keep hold of him then :)

2 of the cocks are fine with with others youngsters so there in young bird loft.

Red yearling is pretty aggressive so I've got him in big basket the now.

Too good to chap, see if I can pick up hen for him to get him paired soon.

best of luck for the new season .

I have some young birds in the stock loft ready to put in their own section,however I have three spare hens in that loft.

Will the young be OK with them or will the hens take a dislike to them ?

Should I move the hens into the race loft with the race birds,the racers have just hatched ?

In my own mind I would rather the hens went in to the race loft but don't want to upset the apple cart in there.

There's ample room in the race loft as it's basically in two sections with an adjoining door(Open while breeding,then closed for roundabout),nest boxes one side poles the other.

Answers apprecited .

Yes no problem however just to make sure put a plank in the loft which is off the ground where the young birds can hide if they need to. Think this makes sense? Mjb