Mannequins/tailors Dummies

ALF

Anyone tried them dressed up in front of the loft to keep the hawks away if they think someone is at the loft all the time?

Fingers crossed I haven't been bothered with sparrow hawks since I put these up and I think they are keeping the local cats away.As for peregrines that's another story.Loosely stapled to the fence and move with the least bit of wind.

post-3092-15816808409279_thumb.jpg

I think the spinning orange light would be best when birds are out, but only for 3/4 hour max per day, then flag for a 3\4 hour second fly out at night, think the tossing is they real problem they get hit, or they get frightened never to race again and can't be trusted. The bop can make the birds smash into your Windows, the cat can't do that as much.

Fingers crossed I haven't been bothered with sparrow hawks since I put these up and I think they are keeping the local cats away.As for peregrines that's another story.Loosely stapled to the fence and move with the least bit of wind.

Regards Cats... On the fence and loft, all around the garden I have an electric wire. 12 volt. legal too. Never had a cat where the line runs to. Had one on the loft (Once) that dropped in from the trees. Didn't like getting off lol. Never seen it again. (Also run a line across the centre of loft roof now. Had a cat walk on a V(upside down) covered with carpet gripper rods. they walked along it as if it wasn't there. Then found a cat jumped a couple of roofs and got on the conservatory. That is all lined with a electric wire.

Have had a cat viewing from a shed, and a house two doors away... they don't come near. Then, as I have put a fence onto of my walls, But fixed the batons this side, I had a Cat sit on the wall and looking in. So I ran a wire along the wall. can honestly say have seen a cat even near my loft since I built the loft and was without the electric fence. Soon had the mess in garden and foot prints on the concrete loft's floor.