Jim And Ann Donaldson

St Finnan Loft

JIM DONALDSON – PETERHEAD

Just mention the name Jim Donaldson to any of the long-distance enthusiasts and their ears perk up. Without a doubt, the race records and performances of this fancier are world-class at long-distance racing. Flying into the far north of Scotland, in a hard testing race, you need as the locals say “ Super Doo’sâ€. Jim’s record in National Racing is nothing short of “ World Class†. The following is a list of some of his top performances and you can judge for yourself :

Champion “ Donnann†- Blue Cheq Hen, 1st SNFC Sartilly Vel - 1029y/m, 605 miles, 1,864 birds - 28 times 1st Section in the Scottish National Flying Club . All of these birds were exceptional racers – SNFC Gold Award for 5 times scoring in the National, across the channel, between 6-700 miles. No doubt Champion “ Riems Lass†was his top bird - Jim has won the Scottish National, North Section & Region average 9 times, each bird was exceptional. This is an achievement no other fancier has managed even once – Champion “ Niort Lady†, a personal favorite, liberated at 8 am...clocked at 1500 next day, flying 775 miles c.27hours – SNFC Silver Award won twice, two birds, 3 times over the channel - Joe Murphy Trophy ( for the first bird over the Firth of Forth) , flying 120 miles further than the first drop Jim has also had repeated success with his youngsters, racing in National events up to 380 miles winning sections etc – Jim’s Club and Federation results are too numerous to mention. –: Unfortunately, Jim's health has not been the best and with much reluctance, he has decided that he must give up his beloved sport. A Big Loss To Long Distance Racing In Scotland – Jim has decided to have his entire clearance sale in Northern. Ireland All birds will be offered over two sales around early/mid-March – Approx 35 lots in each sale

Truly is “END OF AN ERA “ Big loss to the North Section & the whole national . Phenomenal results flying huge distances to a disadvantaged position .They raised the bar up here in

the north section which is not huge in numbers but big on quality. If you were in before Jim & Ann it was a good un & like myself most north guys had an obsession to beat “ The Donaldsons “ which breeds good competition. What a record in my humble opinion the best 600/700 mile fanciers the Scottish National has ever seen. Jim’s nickname has always been

“Jammie†but luck has had very little to do with it. Happy retirement Jim & Ann from Peterhead & Dist Rpc

good lad jammie, always treated me well while i was driving and anne of course, very critical about the watering o the doos and always inspected the clenleines of the drinkers, milton tabs every week i said, she said oot o yir ane pooch davy, aye i said wee a dry tone, she jist laughed wee aq dry tone aswell, ats p/heed for yi, dry humour like the toon , blue, but they are and were the last o the legends up oor way, now the road is clear for the up n coming new names, i wish them both well and hope jim is recovering well, jim n anne their name will always be on the lips o pigeon lads, atbest.

Absolute legends! Both Jim and Ann are exceptional fanciers that will be missed by peterhead club. A record from the Channel no one will ever reach nor get close to! Not only 500-775 miles but club and fed races from 60-450 miles!

You can come down watch mine on a Saturday jammy and experience the other end of the sheet for a change 😂