#1 User is offline   St Finnan Loft Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFife
  • Club:Crossgates

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

JIM DONALDSON – PETERHEAD
Just mention the name Jim Donaldson to any of the long-distance enthusiasts and their ears perk up. Without a doubt, the race records and performances of this fancier are world-class at long-distance racing. Flying into the far
north of Scotland, in a hard testing race, you need as the locals say “ Super Doo’s”. Jim’s record in National Racing is nothing short of “ World Class” . The following is a list of some of his top performances and you can judge for yourself :
Champion “ Donnann” - Blue Cheq Hen, 1st SNFC Sartilly Vel - 1029y/m, 605 miles, 1,864 birds - 28 times 1st Section in the Scottish National Flying Club . All of these birds were exceptional racers – SNFC Gold Award for 5 times scoring in the National, across the channel, between 6-700 miles. No doubt Champion “ Riems Lass” was his top bird - Jim has won the Scottish National, North Section & Region average 9 times, each bird was exceptional. This is an achievement no other fancier has managed even once – Champion “ Niort Lady” , a personal favorite, liberated at 8 am...clocked at 1500 next day, flying 775 miles c.27hours – SNFC Silver Award won twice, two birds, 3 times over the channel - Joe Murphy Trophy ( for the first bird over the Firth of Forth) , flying 120 miles further than the first drop Jim has also had repeated success with his youngsters, racing in National events up to 380 miles winning sections etc – Jim’s Club and Federation results are too numerous to mention. –: Unfortunately, Jim's health has not been the best and with much reluctance, he has decided that he must give up his beloved sport. A Big Loss To Long Distance Racing In Scotland – Jim has decided to have his entire clearance sale in Northern. Ireland All birds will be offered over two sales around early/mid-March – Approx 35 lots in each sale

#2 User is offline   greenbar Icon

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationsauchie
  • Club:clackmanan inv

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:13 PM

Sad to hear that,

#3 User is offline   Delboy Icon

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 13 February 2020 - 13:10 PM

LEGENDARY fanciers, sad to hear they are finishing up.
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#4 User is offline   THE FIFER Icon

• ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 14:21 PM

yes very sad Posted Image
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

forum@pigeonbasics.com

�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#5 User is offline   The Cynic Icon

• Hatchling
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2020 - 17:01 PM

Truly is “END OF AN ERA “ Big loss to the North Section & the whole national . Phenomenal results flying huge distances to a disadvantaged position .They raised the bar up here in
the north section which is not huge in numbers but big on quality. If you were in before Jim & Ann it was a good un & like myself most north guys had an obsession to beat “ The Donaldsons “ which breeds good competition. What a record in my humble opinion the best 600/700 mile fanciers the Scottish National has ever seen. Jim’s nickname has always been
“Jammie” but luck has had very little to do with it. Happy retirement Jim & Ann from Peterhead & Dist Rpc

#6 User is offline   eastcoaster Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • LocationGreengairs
  • Club:Airdrie

Posted 13 February 2020 - 17:23 PM

Legends at distance racing , seen a video of Jim being interviewed when interviewer said to Jim you obviously built the loft yourself jims retorted why what's wrong with it lol ,

#7 User is offline   greigthedoodrysdale Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLivingston station
  • Club:East calder

Posted 13 February 2020 - 17:45 PM

A loss to the sport.
3rd section 55th open SNFC Falaise

#8 User is offline   bullcock Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRenfrewshire

Posted 13 February 2020 - 18:02 PM

A sad loss to the sport, one of the best distance flyers in Scotland ever, all the best to Jim his wife and family.
Scotland the brave.

#9 User is offline   RyanDavidson Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Club:Bo'ness

Posted 13 February 2020 - 22:54 PM

Legend of the sport I grew up admiring his pigeons for the distance covered in snfc and always there or.winning

#10 User is offline   Ryan Hay Icon

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBanff
  • Club:Deveron valley

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:08 AM

Unique pigeon fanciers that have been at the top the whole time they have been racing with a record that will never be matched. Big loss to the sport. Hope the sale goes well.

#11 User is offline   Dave barrie Icon

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2020 - 20:36 PM

good lad jammie, always treated me well while i was driving and anne of course, very critical about the watering o the doos and always inspected the clenleines of the drinkers, milton tabs every week i said, she said oot o yir ane pooch davy, aye i said wee a dry tone, she jist laughed wee aq dry tone aswell, ats p/heed for yi, dry humour like the toon , blue, but they are and were the last o the legends up oor way, now the road is clear for the up n coming new names, i wish them both well and hope jim is recovering well, jim n anne their name will always be on the lips o pigeon lads, atbest.

#12 User is offline   Robbie7836 Icon

• Hatchling
  • PipPipPip
  • Locationpeterhead

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:32 AM

Absolute legends! Both Jim and Ann are exceptional fanciers that will be missed by peterhead club. A record from the Channel no one will ever reach nor get close to! Not only 500-775 miles but club and fed races from 60-450 miles!

You can come down watch mine on a Saturday jammy and experience the other end of the sheet for a change 😂

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders