Small Problem With Neighbour

REDCHEQHEN

Every light I have in and outside are LED lights

About 6 months ago my (relatively new) neighbour put up a security light with what must be a very strong halogen bulb (200w - 500w at a guess)

My security lights are 10 watts!

I don't know if he is aware how much electricity these use....the house was my mothers and every light bulb was an LED, so his security light is using a massive amount of electricity

- but that in itself is not the problem - it constantly 'goes off', it's at the rear of the property - my lounge is at the rear, there's is at the front. The light goes off constantly - I'm talking every few minutes right through the night, anything and everything sets it off, including us walking out the rear door, the trains that run behind us etc - but it's not even shining in his garden - it's shining directly onto my stock loft (and the widowhood section next to it) and disturbing the birds (you can hear them)

Ged said he's going to nudge it with the clothes prop :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

He's ham fisted - I know he'll break it!

Even if it is adjusted - the brightness will still bother the birds I'm sure

Any ideas? Should we try darkening down the loft?

We have an LED light and next doors have a Halogen light, they both light up when my wife and next door go out for a smoke. They do light the loft up and you can hear the birds calling but this is usually only until about 11-00pm and not throughout the night.This has gone on for years but doesn't seem to be a problem for the birds.

Every light I have in and outside are LED lights

About 6 months ago my (relatively new) neighbour put up a security light with what must be a very strong halogen bulb (200w - 500w at a guess)

My security lights are 10 watts!

I don't know if he is aware how much electricity these use....the house was my mothers and every light bulb was an LED, so his security light is using a massive amount of electricity

- but that in itself is not the problem - it constantly 'goes off', it's at the rear of the property - my lounge is at the rear, there's is at the front. The light goes off constantly - I'm talking every few minutes right through the night, anything and everything sets it off, including us walking out the rear door, the trains that run behind us etc - but it's not even shining in his garden - it's shining directly onto my stock loft (and the widowhood section next to it) and disturbing the birds (you can hear them)

Ged said he's going to nudge it with the clothes prop :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

He's ham fisted - I know he'll break it!

Even if it is adjusted - the brightness will still bother the birds I'm sure

Any ideas? Should we try darkening down the loft?

Have you tried speaking to your neighbour in a nice manor explaining the lightning situation if you dont let them know they wont think anything is wrong ????

Have you tried speaking to your neighbour in a nice manor explaining the lightning situation if you dont let them know they wont think anything is wrong ????

Bang on next time your talking over fence or whenever say to them that your light keeps going on during night ask if they want u to adjust it correctly for them . Problem solved