Matrix

neila

I have used matrix for a number of years but I gave noticed the last 4 months there seems to be less mineral and seeds in it and it has become more like a mixed grit

Anyone else noticed this ?

I liked it as the birds cleared the small amount I put down everyday but now I may as well put down a mixed grit

What of these types of ready mixed grit and minerals do others use or do you make your own as I won't be buying anymore matrix

I have used matrix for a number of years but I gave noticed the last 4 months there seems to be less mineral and seeds in it and it has become more like a mixed grit

Anyone else noticed this ?

I liked it as the birds cleared the small amount I put down everyday but now I may as well put down a mixed grit

What of these types of ready mixed grit and minerals do others use or do you make your own as I won't be buying anymore matrix

Versele Laga grit + redstone with aniseed - I've never used matrix.

Your right matrix isn't what it once was, make it up urself? Done in the past and is just as good once u put some aniseed oil on it

Hi Ryan

I was looking at aniseed powder and oil

What do you do put the oil on a bit of seed and mix it through some mixed ,grit clay blocks etc

Hi Ryan

I was looking at aniseed powder and oil

What do you do put the oil on a bit of seed and mix it through some mixed ,grit clay blocks etc

I add aniseed oil to my trapping mix Neil ( just a few drops ),also during the racing season,two or three drops in the corridor,don't know if that's for my benifit or the birds though lol.

I add aniseed oil to my trapping mix Neil ( just a few drops ),also during the racing season,two or three drops in the corridor,don't know if that's for my benifit or the birds though lol.

do you add a bit of the mix with the aniseed on to the grit mix mate ?

Took this off a 10 year old post:

Grit, crushed pickstone, clay block, minerals n a small amount of condition seeds mixed together.

As greenlands post - aniseed on the condition seed only before mixing together

Original post from Brian Wall - Beyers grit used in Matrix (I knew it was somewhere!)

Feb 7th 2008

http://forum.pigeonbasics.com/topic/16773-the-matrix/page__st__20

atlantis 6kg tub and its cheaper than matrix

Not seen that before will have a look

I use D/P GOLD BLEND MULTIMIX LARGE 10 LITRES EACH £11.52 get it from Bamfords. I used to use Matrix but for me the gold blend multi mix is just a good and its cheaper.

Another reason ne new to me, thanks

Took this off a 10 year old post:

Grit, crushed pickstone, clay block, minerals n a small amount of condition seeds mixed together.

As greenlands post - aniseed on the condition seed only before mixing together

Original post from Brian Wall - Beyers grit used in Matrix (I knew it was somewhere!)

Feb 7th 2008

http://forum.pigeonbasics.com/topic/16773-the-matrix/page__st__20

Thanks for that

I purchased some beyers and natural grit in 20kg bags , pink mineral, aniseed oil ,clay pots and a bit of conditioner seed

I think it works out £6.20 and the birds seem to be eating it better than the recent matrix so I think I have saved £36 on the same weight as 10 tubs

I purchased some beyers and natural grit in 20kg bags , pink mineral, aniseed oil ,clay pots and a bit of conditioner seed

I think it works out £6.20 and the birds seem to be eating it better than the recent matrix so I think I have saved £36 on the same weight as 10 tubs

Do you not feel that adding aniseed oil encourages the birds to eat much more than they actually require.

I feel Matrix has aniseed added for this purpose. The birds eat more and the manufacturer sells more.

Do you not feel that adding aniseed oil encourages the birds to eat much more than they actually require.

I feel Matrix has aniseed added for this purpose. The birds eat more and the manufacturer sells more.

Yes aniseed makes them clear it

I do not like any grit or mineral left hanging around in the loft i prefer the birds to eat it in one go I give a set measure to the birds of a evening and they clear it

So I like the aniseed as I really hate to see pot of minerals hanging around on the loft floor when ever I go to see others fanciers lofts they always looks a little damp and like they have been sat there a good few days

Stopped using Matrix a couple of seasons back,as you say not like it used to be,now use VL Colombine all in one.

Sold out if that one at the corn shop Lindsay will give it a try next time mate

• 4 weeks later...