Urgent - Windows 7 No Longer Supported

There are no longer any updates for Windows 7 - totally finished on 14th January - advice is to buy a new computer or purchase Windows 10

I was able to update my other half's laptop for free on 15th January - but evidently that will stop VERY SHORTLY

You can update Windows 7 to Windows 10 by going to the Microsoft website

Make a note of your Windows 7 Activation Key number incase you need it (write it on a piece of paper)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click 'Download Tool now' - this downloads the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

When finished, open the download and accept the license terms

Choose: 'Upgrade this PC now' then click ‘Next’

Choose ‘Keep personal files and apps’

Click ‘Install’ (note this takes some time and involves multiple restarts)

Once installed, open: Settings > Windows Update > Activation to activate your Windows 10 digital license...

OR enter your (genuine) Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key if you haven’t previously activated your old version of Windows

If you’d like to check your licence has successfully been activated afterwards, open: Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

Note: a Windows 10 licence is tied to your hardware. As such, if you need to format your computer for any reason Windows 10 will reactivate automatically.

Good Luck

It took about 4 hours for me to do an upgrade over Wifi - it may be quicker on a wired computer (and I only get 10MB per sec as well - a bit slow!)

I have the Benzing app on mine and don't want to loose the club members INFO,rings etc.

Ged had the UNIKON one on his - and that is OK (just checked as I forgot about it)

Can you do a back up on a disc or anything?

We have ours on another laptop anyway (club laptop) that was upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of years ago

I first updated a tower and laptop that I use when windows 10 first came out,just couldn't remember if there was an option to save files etc.I know there is if you want to do a system restore o 10,I'm a member on the microsoft site not sure if they do windows 10 for a 32 bit system,I'll have a look on there.