Horse Lick

jimmy_bulger

years ago used cow lick i got from local farmer,best youngsters ever reared,left it outside,everybodies birds were picking off it,when i put back in loft other lofts birds entered the loft to get at it,tried to get the same again,but cant seem to get the right block.

Cattle salt blocks, and Mineral troughs were frequented by pigeons very much in days gone bye. Throughout the year! Yes race birds were/ are often thought to be doing 2 hours or more... when up at the troughs lol. Times when 'Fielding' was encouraged after the harvest for great picking that done them the world of good.

Have tried various types of licks and rock salt but birds would not look at them , they only gathered dust until I threw them out, assume birds are supposed to pick at them as they don't have the type tongue made for licking like farm animals ?

Have tried various types of licks and rock salt but birds would not look at them , they only gathered dust until I threw them out, assume birds are supposed to pick at them as they don't have the type tongue made for licking like farm animals ?

Must have different birds to me etc maybe, as my birds just love them, but then I do tend to clean them with water on a regular type basis.