NOTICE From Joe Murphy ,re Free Birds

THE FIFER

Good Pigeons for FREE

JOE MURPHY.

I have made some very dear friend within the pigeon sport over the years and one of these, who is very close to me is the 1000 mile man himself Henry Mair of Irvine with his ‘Lionheart’ family of birds. We travelled together to visit the ‘Legend’ himself the great Jim Biss of Norwich; whose 6 national winners contained some of Henry’s bloodlines. Henry has also had winners reported from all over the UK from Lerwick, Rennes & Pau race points with birds containing his bloodlines.

Henry has taken seriously ill and was in hospital with Sepsis and was in and out of conscious and the doctors told him there was NO plan B. Thus proving how seriously ill he was. He then caught a double urine infection which was horrendous; however I’m glad to say that he has been allowed home from the hospital, but is still in a very poor condition. His poor wife Etta and their children are about off their heads with worry and all they want is to have Henry back to good health.

So an EMERGINCY decision has been made and ALL his pigeons (approximately 80) will be given away FREE OF CHARGE. If anyone wishes to make a donation to Charity then I know Henry will be very grateful as he has done this all his days. Fanciers will have to arrange carriage themselves.

Bloodlines are Jock Reid; John Kirkpatrick; Jim Biss; Marley Westrop; plus birds from Kings Cup winners and SNFC Gold Award winners.

If interested then phone Etta on 01294 276381 their address is

42 Tollerton Drive Irvine Ayrshire Scotland KA12 0QE

Request written by Joe Murphy Scottish Scribe

My heart goes out to him and his family.

No comment, or words, regards the having to release his beloved birds... However I'd wager it will make him very happy - though with a tint of sadness - to see his birds going to other lofts. Maybe some near to him too … so he could call in sometimes to see them time in, or what they have bred.