Benzing Ets

plumber

The widow of a former club mate asked me to look at her late husband’s Benzing ets system to see if it could be passed on to someone still in the sport. It is a G2 clock. When cable between clock and controller unit is connected then power supply turned on there are no lights showing on the controller unit and nothing on the clock display. I have tried both 12v battery and 240v power supplies with no success. I have contacted the Scottish benzing ets rep asking for advice but I have not received a reply. I don’t know exactly how old the system is but it was bought from the above rep within the first couple of years after ets systems were permitted to be used by the RPRA. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you connected the antennae pad?

Given the age, it could be that the battery in the clock is done. If that is the case then a replacement G2 clock is the cheapest method.

If possible, try the individual parts in someone else's system. That should give you conclusive proof of any faulty parts. :)